Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bedroom Set out of 1956 Ford Truck Bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3onthetree3, May 29, 2013.

1. You did well to get it past her. I have ONE model car in the house..... that's it and I'm only allowed to have that one because me and my son built it together:rolleyes:. but hey if I let her have the last say in the house then she doesn't give me too much crap for having to park her car out in the rain because she can't get in the shed because of all of my junk.

2. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks for the nice compliments, I love the hearse story. When you get right down to it, it is just a car.

I think they will be able to sleep in them for a while, I just hope they don't get to the point where they don't want them.

3. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

I hear ya brother. She is past the point of even thinking that there is a change of her car getting in the garage. And with 8 other cars outside, all I have to do is leave the front row for her, and I am good...oh yeah, and the new bedroom set for her made it a little easier....;)

4. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Hey looks great got some ideas there .Now that hearse ive seen it somewhere had Mickey Thomsons if i remeber correct ,there is a few cats here with hearse,s

Attached Files:

• 620.jpg
      620.jpg
      File size:
      64.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Fringe

Fringe
    from Sacramento

Awesome, subscribed

6. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Yes sir, that is my hearse before I tubbed and ladder bar'd it.

7. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

^^^Cool i saw the flame where the landow bar was knew then
    was the same ,,its
    BAD ASS j,m,o,

8. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

:d:d

9. rld14

rld14

It's official. You're the "cool dad".

Love this project! As far as a hearse, they don't bother me that much, they just carried corpses. It's an old Ambulance that would creep me out as people actually did die in those.

10. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

I know, not a lot getting done, but a little bit every night. Front panels for the pillars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  11. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Just thinking out loud here, if you just happen to have a hemi block in the corner of his room with little hinges on the valve covers and intake, it would be a great place for him to store his valuables.

12. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

I like it...

13. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

I got the boxes all finished and the roof only needs a few more shingles. All the electrical is done, with 2 new outlets, and 2 sconces on the garage. I put a switch inside the walls so he will be able to turn the lights on and off from bed. I will put trim and siding on over the next few days, and hopefully move the bed in by the end of the week.

[​IMG]

14. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

You are one cool dude. You have a good imagination and skills. I'll bet your wife is proud of you for what you do for your kids.

15. n847

n847

Damn...thats cool! And I thought I was over doing it by building my 3 year old son a full size work bench for his bed room!

16. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks for all the nice compliments. I figured I better get it done while they are kids, they grow so fast.

17. OLLIN

OLLIN

This is awesome!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Ever been to a hospital? Nobody died in the hearse,how many people died in a hospital bed? Think about it.

19. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Good Point.

20. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Finished siding and trim. Gonna move the bed in before we paint it.

[​IMG]

21. Buzznut

Buzznut

Are you going to paint the wall to look like the back of a cab? Would be cool to have the kids pick their favorite garage scene and paint it through the windshield. You know, like tools on a peg board, old refrigerator, old enamel signs, etc.... Would also be pretty cool for them to have custom license plates...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  22. Lucky kids. Looks great.

23. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

We might go one better than that. I would like to get a back roof section from the same style pick up and have just a few inches sticking out of the wall, I think that would really make it look like the truck. But for now we will paint the window on the wall, we have some old drag racing posters we will stick in there, and I love the idea of pegboard with tool hanging on it. Thanks for the encouragement.

24. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Back on the Econoline build, so the bed has been slow, but got the shingles painted, the pillars primed, and the background painted black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

neat beds. how about some pics of the bike with the extended front end

26. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Very nice project! Don't forget to finish those baseboards. My wife is always son me about my projects 90% done done. I'm sure you will - but it's more a reminder to myself. Can't wait to see them both done.

27. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Here is a shot of the chopper bike. Built is so I cold ride slow with my son around town. Took an old trike, extended the front tube, and used rigid gas pipe to make the forks. Built a little swivel on the bottom and added air ride to the back. Air tank is mounted in the rear with gas valves for the controls.

[​IMG]

28. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

cool bike, thanks for the pic

29. Love it!!! I have been wanting to make some sort of headboard with a grill and functioning lights and such but just haven't got to it. This is looking great.

30. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Good Morning and Happy Fathers Day to all.

Thanks for the nice compliments. My wife says I have a complete Desoto Firedome front clip in the driveway...come and get it for your headboard!