Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone still read street rodder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clubcoupe37, Jun 7, 2013.

1. mow too much

mow too much

What Okiedokie said.

2. Now there is a quote for the Ages !!!!!! Thank You!!!

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I gotta side with Hotroddon on this one. I can't imagine how you couldn't read it and not glean something that you can use on your personal projects. Even if it's to look at something they are humping in an article and say "note to self, don't do it that way...". I have every issue since the first one I bought of a news stand in a grocery store at about 8 years old in April or May of '72. I wanted to learn about stuff so I could build model cars...

With all that said though, I HATE the "new look" bullshit they have come up with recently. And I MEAN HATE! Why make it a piss poor copy of Hot Rod?

Back to the beginning, congrats on your feature.

4. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Gave up on Street Rodder years ago after adding they added the late models and even more adds. Theres lots better printed matter to spend my money.

5. teddyp

teddyp

great that your car is in it good feeling when you car gets in a maz.

6. Congratulations. Thats something cool that I think every rodder young and old really wants to happen whether they admit it or not. Growing up I dreamed of having my car in Hot Rod. But I never have really finished one good enough.
    I subscribe to Street Rodder, have for years, but don't think I will renew because its mostly advertising and they are calling me on the phone all the time to renew so that made me decide not to.

7. historynw

historynw

Nice car read a little of it today. I get it and Rod and Custom as a twoer price.

8. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

They've been coming over to the dark side lately with lots if traditional stuff

9. flamed34

flamed34

Congrats.
    My in-laws frequently buy me a subscription, but of the last dozen or so, I've probably not read 6 articles. I can only take so many articles that are a shopping list for the latest billet aluminum doo-dad or list builder X, painter Y, crate engine supplier Z...and end with "...we can't wait to see what Richy Rich builds next!" And while I can appreciate a traditional '32 as much as the next guy, I challenge everyone to amuse themselves by starting at the cover and count the number of '32 Fords in the issue - it's usually in about a 1:3 ratio to the number of pages! I'm pretty certain Detroit built other cars...

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

Congratulations always fells sweet to have your car in any magazine. I only read, Street Rodder, if there's a good article that's a must read. I prefer Kustoms Illustrated and Rod & Custom. K.I. is great all the time, R&C not so all the time. :D

CRUISER :cool:

11. I don't waste my money on it anymore,,the only subscription I have is Rodder's Journal. HRP

12. magneto57

magneto57

Read it NO.............rich

13. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I gave it up all adds

14. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I went through a streetrodder faze back in the 90's. I have about years worth stashed away in boxes somewhere.

15. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

I subscribe but it has not been the same since Bill Burnam died!

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I miss Dave Bell.

17. prpmmp

prpmmp

Bill was awesome!! Pete

18. Congrats and a really cool car you have. I read it every month along with all the others on the B&N newstand:cool:

19. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

It seems to me that the "older" cars are more tradional, the new shit is the new street rod. Brennan's July 2013 editorail in 'Street Rodder' made me want to use it to do the dirty work in the "libary".
    The cover car's wheels look
    like a pile of this stuff that needs to be wiped up.

Yes, I subscribe.

20. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

Speaking of street rodder I made the cover this month!

[​IMG]

21. Congrats on you guys for making a magazine... Quite an accomplishment ,regardless ...
    As far as S/R..I'm just waiting for my sub to lapse ...won't renew..BTDT
    Stan

22. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

Hear, hear!! Me too. And Rolls & Pleats when I happen across it. Not muchh on tech, but it's cool to see sweet rides from the dark side of the earth, too. I also have the first few issues of Hardore Rod & Custom, but haven't seen that around for quite a while. I liked the 1/2 Japanese 1/2 American issues with a little Japanese tech thrown in. Those guys go though so much just to get a couple of American iron tail lights, or whatever. I admire their patience and persistance to get the job done. My 2 centavos.
    Haven't seen Street Rodder since the change but Hot Rod's format sucks. Who the hell are they hiring these days for art work? 3rd graders? At least they have an interesting article now and them and they do some wierd version of readers ride.
    Rod & Custom and KI I save. Hot Rod and Street Rodder go to my students. (High school auto shop-sort of)

23. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

not me... just infomercials for high priced yuppy parts.

24. Brian Brennan's articles in the Rod Action editions of the early '70s are what drew me over from restoration to hot rodding. The tech articles were simple, and that's what I could absorb at the time. I liked the Street Rodder series on flatheads, and on uncaging the Jag rear ends. Yes, they've all got lots of ads, but that makes it more affordable to buy or subscribe.

It is great that your car was featured. Deserved acknowledgement of a lot of hard work.

25. rbonazzoli

rbonazzoli
    from Dallas, TX

I tried out the June issue. Not for me. Lots of ads for big dollar parts, and not much content.

26. stan3ley

stan3ley
    from Howell Mi.

Having your car in any magazine is something to be proud of, congrats.

Stan in Mi.

27. Im not a subscriber, but i pick it up if theres anything good in there

28. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Congrats. I'd run around like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" yelling the new phone book is here if I ever got in a magazine. However, comma, I only read as many car mags as I can afford. When they get weird, I move on to something else. I don't collect them, either. I just tear out the good stuff and recycle the remains. Simple as that. I'm in them for the photos and tech and suppliers. And I hope it doesn't surprise any of you editors or evangelists - of all persuasions - I don't read your stuff at all. Ever. You might as well plug in another advert. Gary

29. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Congrats to you and the OP for getting in Street Rodder!! That cover shows exactly why I like Street Rodder. A very well done truck that a looks like something I could own and a over the top, Cammer powered car that I can only dream of owning....the tech on the Shoebox body is also a good read.

30. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, pretty cool alright! Congrats - most of us will never have the pleasure of seeing our cars in a national magazine so enjoy your 15 minutes of fame! The club coupes don't seem to be real common and yours looks like a great example.

And in case you were wondering, my Street Rodder subscription sort of faded away a few years after Pat Ganahl left the building....