Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone still read street rodder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clubcoupe37, Jun 7, 2013.

1. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

My '37 is in the early iron section, thought that was pretty cool to see in the magazine.

Attached Files:

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'll get a copy, if it's got anything good in it. Congrats!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  3. Yeah, I still read it and have for years. Good magazine, excellent editor. I am proud to be a non discriminatory reader.

4. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

That s cook havin your car in a magazine... Congradulations...

I used to re-up my subscription at Goodguys Columbus, but haven't gone in a few years to do it....

5. daddio211

daddio211

Not since Brain Brennan took my writing and twisted my words into something I didn't say. When I called him on it there was no remorse, no apology, no retraction, just a reply that said "That's journalism."

Based on that I now know everything there is to know about him. I'll have nothing to do with any publication he has anything to do with. He's a Janet.

Sent using the NEW Droid HAMB app from atop my toilet.

6. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I read it but they are out of touch with reality, and have no concept of what the average guy can afford, if I had a extra 150000 or so I would not spend it on a magizine quality car to spend its life in a garage or trailer, I realize that I hate street rods HAMB cars rule,.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I like it. The good stuff is really good. The bad stuff isn't as bad as it used to be.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like the title of this thread should have been, "Hey! My cars in Street Rodder!".

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I hope people read the old issues I plan to list in the classified section. Great to see your car made the magazine clubcoupe37. Bob

10. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I am beginning to have to force my self to read it. The 'new' art look makes it look just like ALL the other Sourceinterlinc magazines. Just because the 'look' worked for Hot Rod does not mean it works for all. It is like they are trying to be a RJ with glossy look and high end vehicles. But I also understand that business is business and they have to service their advertisers. Adverterisers that have survived the economy. And I am tired of their "Power Tour", or what ever it is called.
    So yes I read it to look for the 'nuggets'.

11. daddio211

daddio211

Congrats on the feature man, that's pretty cool!

Sent using the NEW Droid HAMB app from atop my toilet.

12. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

congrats,it's a good mag to have your car in,just my $.02

13. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Nope. But I'd be stoked if I were you. Right on.

14. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

For those of us firmly rooted in the twentieth century, getting your car in a big nationally-distributed magazine is a big deal. Congratulations. By the way, yes, I subscribe.

15. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

thanks guys! tfeverfred, my car in street rodder was only secondary to what i meant in my post. i am not a subscriber but i still buy it from time to time, when i see something cool.

16. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I am a subscriber. There is a lot of good tech in there.

17. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

half ads and half articles but it alot thicker than most of the others. ill go look for your car right now haha

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Now, there's a writer! 'Brian Brave', self-annointed in the old 'Rod Action...What ever happened to the '29 for '76'? How has he lasted? Kind of a 'discerning crowd' he's in with...

I leave Street Rodder for the goodguise types. They were handing out free samples one year at Pleasanton. (the same year the flathead disguise valve covers turned up for SBCs!)

19. Quit reading it 15 years ago. Had a hard time finding articles in the midst of all the ads. Congrats for you though!!:D:D:D

20. thunderplex

thunderplex

Sure do! Lots of great info but wonder about some of the mega-buck builds. Some of the cars are over the top and the owners would probably trailer the cars (I'm sure there are exceptions) everywhere. But, some of the ideas could be accomplished with far less money and time. My cars are far from perfect but are extremely reliable and I don't worry about driving them anywhere anytime. That's my $.02!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, I've read the magazine since volume one nuimber one and still have almost every issue stashed away if the mice haven't destroyed them in the shed. Just like every car magazine or any other enthusiast magazine out there are great issues, good issues, so so issues and pee poor issues. Plus one guys so so issue might be another's great issue of the rag.

I always figure that the mega buck cars are part of the rodder's lesson plan to be studied and dissected to glean usable ideas from or get the brain in gear to come up with a usable idea. That billet bracket might not be our cup of tea but it can spark the brain to be able go out in the shop and fab up a steel bracket that is somewhat similar in form and function but is all owner built in the shop out back.

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hah! Had me confused.:D Still cool to have your car in print.

23. 4rod

4rod

I don't ever buy rod mags but I did get a copy cause there's a good detailed chop of a 51 shoebox...came out sweeet...by the way congrats

24. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Ive subscribed for years, but it is not as good as been in the past. It keeps getting thinner every month.

Ago

25. Congrats for you! I read it every month, along with about 10 other magazines. I can't believe that folks can't find tech and articles that are of value to them. you don't have to have or want a million dollar car to appreciate the work and sometimes find ideas that can be carried over to your own ride. Especially when with a subscription bought at the right deal it's cheaper per month than a Happy Meal

26. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

YUP, read it, saw it, COOL car! Congrats.

27. Spork!

Spork!

Congrats! I subscribe to it along with a slew of other car magazines. There is good stuff in there including the big $ stuff. Just because I'm a low $ guy doesn't mean I don't like looking at high quality big $ stuff.

28. cayager

cayager

been subscribing for years. just something I like. sometimes go from cover to cover. sometimes barely thumb through. but I love cars and theres cars in it so whatever right.

29. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Sure I read it. Not a Brian fan either, but like hotroddon there is still good stuff in the mag along with some others. I don't like all of it, but I don't like a lot of what I see here either. I still enjoy what I do like though. Not being narrow minded works both ways ya know. A lot of Hambers should read Kirks editorial in the current Gazzette.