Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Rockets Rumble 2013 at Indy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Jun 5, 2013.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Well, it's a few weeks away yet but many complain about last minute posts on upcoming events. If you are within a 200 mile radius...you're crazy if you don't go. I drive from Pittsburgh and wouldn't miss it.
    I'll be there vending in the hotel lobby as usual June 21-22 look for the HAMB banner. go to www.indyroadrockets.com for info...see you there?

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

See you on Friday and Saturday!

3. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Works for me. I plan on driving up and hopefully arrive early enough to unload, then will set it all up Friday morning early. My avitar is my set up last year !

4. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Can't go due to health stuff. Need to somehow get a hold of Naomi to see if my son, who lives in Indy, can use the paid entry. If you have an email or phone for her please PM me.
    Bob

Made contact, thanks for the help.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Bob, She is a member here...Miss Belvedere or maybe go to the R. Rockets home page?

6. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Hey guys... hear someone is looking for me:) Bobert, sorry to hear that you will not be able to join us for the Rumble, we hope that it is nothing serious. I will be mailing out all of the pre-registration postcards on Monday, yours is in the stack. Please PM me with all of your son's contact info and I will make sure that your card is pulled and I will mail it directly to your son. I will also need your info as well:) Everyone that makes up our Rumble family is super important to us, so we will certainly make sure that this all works out as well. Again, I am so sorry you are not feeling well and we wish you the best:) ~Naomi

7. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

PS BigBob55 we are so excited and can't wait to see everyone! Your vendor spot will be waiting for you:)

8. Workdragon

Workdragon

This is always a great show with very down to earth guys and gals. Can't wait. Just make sure to get a hotel, they fill up quick

9. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Thank you for the kind words Workdragon, we try so very hard to make sure that everyone feels welcomed. I get the unique opportunity of being able to talk to everyone that pre-registers for the show and I really enjoy it because it really gives me the chance to really get to know everyone:) Yes, the hotel does fill up super fast, it was sold out by the end of February this year!

10. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

see you guys there bright and early thursday morning

11. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

Missed the hotel room but my son is jacked up to get to the show. We'll be there Saturday.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

Gonna be there!

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'll be there Naomi, trying to get an early start Thursday so I can get there and unload before the room closes up thursday night...that way I am not blocking up everyone else friday.

14. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

I'll definiyely be there!

15. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yep, Friday seminar and sat spiked melons! It's the Indy party of the year!!

16. Will Dustin be giving another great seminar this year the international silver string submarine band will be attending with straws in hand!

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've got two videos of the Rumble and it looks like you guys have a blast there. Wish it was closer......I love watermelon. :D

Don

18. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

don't think I'll make it

19. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Hey guys! Yes we are only a heartbeat away and I am getting giddy! Bigbob55 dont you worry about a thing, we will be ready for you Thursday evening and I am sure that there will be some extra hands available to help you:) Yes, Dustin is back by popular demand and will begin his seminar at 1pm on Friday, Jim Linder of Bubba's is also back again this year for a 2pm seminar. We are so very thankful to have them participating again this year:) Both seminars will be held in the movie theatre of the hotel. Don... darlin..... Florida is representing this year! You need to grab a suitcase, get some fuel and head north! Seriously though... we have several vendors coming from Florida as well as a handful of cars, you would not believe the states that are being represented at the Rumble this year;)

20. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Hey Ed... is Joey bringing any Fritos with him???? Tom wants to know;)

21. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Heckuva good time Don...nice people, The Rockets are great hosts. I vend at 25 or so events a season and vending and manning my set up I rarely get around to see and partake of any of the festivities....but this one I can't resist. Seminars, movies, bands pin up contest Burlesque show... The heck with the booth, it's jumpin' and jivin' time. and you never had watermelon like this

22. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Thanks Bob! The Rumble is truly a one of a kind show... Its because of great vendors like Bob (& the 40+ other vendors), people like Jim & Dustin who are sharing their knowledge at seminars, the car people (Dennis, Ed and the hundreds more that come from near and far), the outstnading bands, beautiful pin-ups and very talented burlesque girls... it is by far the best weekend ever! I love my job!!!:)

23. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

We also cannot forget to mention our great sponsors and all of the great things that they do for the Rumble.... Ol' Skool Rodz/Car Kulture DeLuxe for spreading the word worldwide, Cornfield Customs for providing the cash awards for the Pin-Up Contest and Hagerty Insurance with Avon Ins. Agency for providing the great goodie bags, magazines, pens etc. THANK YOU!! :) Also if you haven't seen this year's event shirt, you really need to check it out on our Facebook or our website... It is AMAZING! Mark Thompson from Tope's Tiki Hut did a SUPER design!

24. Gator

Gator

Love this show - the Road Rockets are a first class outfit. The show rocks, and you don't wanna miss the burlesque show.

The pizzas from the hotel restraint are also killer!!!

25. If'n you don't make it to the Rumble, here's what you'll be missing. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. I will make sure he brings the fritos hahaha

27. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Saturday bump.

28. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

29. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. 1959apache

1959apache

I will be there with the wife. I may bring the c10. I don't know i will enter it or not, maybe for a better parking spot!