Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know you're getting old when...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Mar 14, 2013.

1. You don't quit wrenching because you get old - You get old because you quit wrenching

2. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Speak for yourself, I'll still check out the babe!! ; )

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

When you are about to tell the wife to shut the F--- Up and not worry about getting any...

4. OldColt

OldColt

When you can't find your desktop shortcut icon to the HAMB board because you can't get your reading glasses far enough down on your nose. --- Steve ---

5. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

You know you're getting old when your into driving 4-Bangers!!! I never thunk it???

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You think you're going deaf from your exhaust and post it on the HAMB.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How do you know you're gettin' old?.........Depends.

8. jaxx

jaxx

when you have more memories than plans -jaxx

9. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Just replaced the brake booster and MC , painted the fire wall, new thermostat housing, Then found the battery was shot. Yes it takes more effort than a few years ago. I am 73 and the summer home is at 6800 ft. My breathing is tough at this altitude takes a few breaks during the day. But still enjoy our world of cars.

10. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

School bus drivers start to look good to you.

blowby likes this.
  11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Getting out of your hot rod involves an audible groan so loud that passerbys ask if you are OK.

12. Cruiser

Cruiser

Purchased a creeper back in the 60's it lasted one week and to the swapmeet it went, hated the damn thing. Like others here, I find cardboard works best, keeps the cold out and moving around is easy.

My buddy's son noticed that his dad had a hard time getting in and out of his '50 Chevy H/T. Well, the good son installed suicide doors for him and his dad is a happy camper.

Damn, this thing is heavy, better call the wife!

CRUISER :cool:

13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Anyone ever try a magnetic wrist band (OK, bracelet..) for arthritis in the hand?

14. 2racer

2racer

Now that's funny!

15. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

The Ohio Dept. of Aging sends you a ''Golden" Buckeye Card right before your 60th Birthday!
    Damn it my brain still thinks I'm 23! but the Ohio Dept. of Aging says it ain't so!
    KK

16. Deuces

Deuces

Every time I get out of mine, the neighbor across the street asks me if I'm ok...:(
    Sometimes it's a pain just to make it to the front door of my house...:(

17. Deuces

Deuces

I'll never do 4-bangers.... Not in this lifetime anyway...:rolleyes:

18. I use 1" Styrofoam on the floor, more give than cardboard and warmer. When you're kneeling on the floor and welding the BBs don't roll under your knee caps and burn you.

19. wicarnut

wicarnut

A lot of funny stuff here, sad but true. One of the best items I ever bought myself is the lift in my "dream shop". I had such big plans on the projects I was going to build, and realality has set in, Buy something dfferent, change a few things to make it mine, is my future in Hot Rodding. I love my 32 and am pretty sure,the wife will have to sell it after I go to the " Big Show". 5 minute jobs used to take 5 hours, NOW its 5 days or worse . My new nickname is "Nothing Happens Fast" On the positive, We are talking and laughing about it, SO ALL IS GOOD! John

20. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

You lose your hair so you grow a beard and it's all white.

21. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

All oh so true! I was working under my car one summer day. Had the fan blowing to make it tolerable. About an hour later I am awakened by one of my Daughters asking if I am ok!? Damn that was a good nap I had going too! Flat on my back on the cool concrete a few tools laying on my chest ...it was wonderful.

Mike

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I was asking my buddy the other day, "Do the soles of your feet ever hurt when you first get out of bed in the morning?"

His reply, "Everything hurts when I first get out of bed in the morning".

23. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

A sure sign of getting old!
    I have noticed that in the past year or two, my phone conversations with friends with similar interest like here, are more and more about our aches and pains than our hobby!

24. Clik

Clik

Hmmm. :rolleyes: So, I suppose the magnet might pull the iron in your blood to the magnet. But then what? Sounds like a good way to create a blood clot. :eek:

25. milagro33

milagro33
    from California

Turning 56 in a month and just learning how to do all this mechanical stuff. A couple of young neighbors's wives while talking with my wife have volunteered their husbands to give me some tips. They've come by to gawk but no advice or words of encouragement. Everything I've learned is on HAMB and YouTube. Just not enough videos on vintage cars.

26. I am on my 69th lap around the Sun. Suffered with a bad left knee for years. Bone Doc says we will need to replace it sooner or later. Sold everything and hit the road in our motorhome in March. About two weeks into our adventure I realized that my knee no longer bothered me. Finally figured out that since I sold my pickup, my hot rod, and my Triumph TR4, I am no longer mashing a clutch, and my knee appreciates the vacation.

27. You forgot you already posted to this thread 10 times!

28. ..You have a four- figure HAMB post count.:eek:

29. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Shit! You just made me realize........:eek:

30. oldskoolshop

oldskoolshop

you know you are getting old when you roll over on a small tool like a screw driver or small car part like a lug nut and you hurt for a week!