Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Apr 29, 2013.

1. ratrod0

ratrod0

What a weekend left my dads house 5:10 friday west of Atlanta drove just inside NC. got a room. Got up saturday meet some New friends, talked to some old ones drove alot looked at some cars. We ate lunch (late) left and went to mooresville NC. for a cruz night, looked at more cars then we headed south stoped and ate some Carolina BBQ drove some more got a room in GA. when I got tired of driving. woke up sunday moring drove home and made it to church on time. Ready to go next weekend the other way west AL. here we come.

2. Davyj

Davyj

Great coverage, wish it was a bit closer. Thanks for taking the time to share.

3. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Looks like a good time! Hard to pick a favorite out of that crowd.Thanks for posting up the pics.:)

4. This year was my first time to attend and won't be my last. WOW! What a blast! Neat cars, NASCAR shops, NASCAR Hall of Fame Museum, Dennis Carpenter's museum, beautiful scenery, and best of all GOOD FRIENDLY PEOPLE. Thanks Henry, and all of the other locals we met and who treated us like kings. Our little 1200 mile trip was well worth it.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks everyone who posted all of these great pictures. It is just a habit but I couldn't stop from trying to spot Randy's roadster among the attendees. I missed the chance to shake Randy Nash's hand as he had tried every year to get me to come to the All Deuces Run. It's quite a hike from here but I'll always regret not making the effort. I think it would be super if you found a way to keep his memory alive with some kind of tribute to honor his memory. Maybe some sort of perpetual trophy voted on by the attendees. The winner would have to return the next year to pass it on to the new winner.
    Because of the internet, the HAMB PM feature, and the '32 Ford, Randy and I became "friends". I put that in quotes as we sometimes got under each others skin (just like real friends) over some trivial subject but always ended on mutual ground in the end. RIP Randy.

Frank

6. Frank,Randy's roadster is still apart but hopefully it will be on the run next year.

I like the sound of incorporating Randy in some way with the All Deuce Run but that's not up to me.

I will post a photo of Randy from last year. HRP

Better days,,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Thanks for sharing. I hope to go on this ride some day.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Thanks to all for taking the time to post the pictures.

9. brady1929

brady1929

Great pics, thanks

10. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Danny, Thanks for pictures . This was my 39th and finial year, at York ..Looking forward to being with you guys next year ...........

11. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Thanks for the pics and glad to see you had good weather. We'll make it back up one of these years.

Lee

12. .
    Thanks for posting the pics.

Looks like a great time with some great people and some really nice deuces.

Damn, another thing to add to my bucket list... ;)

13. Thanks guys. HRP

14. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

thanks for the great pics!

15. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Great pictures,wish I could have done it.

16. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Awesome pics guys! Thanks for posting them. What a beautiful view, as far as the eye can see, nothing but deuces!

[​IMG]

17. I have updated a slide show of this event and posted to You Tube. For some reason I can't get it to embed in this post. I'll try posting the link instead...hope this works.

http://youtu.be/bx5PXVnUOlU

18. Here you go Tom,,What a great tribute to Randy,,,thank you Tom. HRP

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bx5PXVnUOlU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  19. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Great slideshow Tom.

20. turbodickie

turbodickie

21. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

A fitting tribute to a great guy! Very well done.

22. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Good slideshow!! Thanks for the effort.

23. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Great pics. Good job ya'll. Randy would be proud.

24. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Great shots Tom as always. That opening shot of Marie's coupe is killer! I know Henry will want a copy of that!

25. ratrod0

ratrod0

My Dad does not talk much around pepole.But mother said he has not stoped talking about this past weekend. What a great time we had.

Attached Files:

26. I always have a great time talking to your dad. HRP

27. Great slideshow!
    Very nice tribute

28. Early arrivals were treated to tours at Kyle Busch Motorsports, Penske Racing, and Nitro Mfg.(builds pit boxes for Nascar teams, the BIG ones that you see on TV.)

Attached Files:

29. Henry,great gesture to take Al and Ken on the tours,you already know they are a couple of great guys I'm gonna have to come earlier next year. HRP

30. Great pics HRP gioves ya a great feeling and flair for those who wern't there