Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. wolfex1

wolfex1

Carb linkage, I assume?[​IMG]

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks

:D

yes indeed

3. wolfex1

wolfex1

More parts than a Swiss watch!

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yes . and thats just the beginning , :D

5. R0l0

R0l0

Hands down the best build up on any site, bro you have mad talent. cant wait to see this thing come together!!

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you .

7. redzula

redzula

Holy crap. There was a 59 that I was in love with before we moved towns. But Jesus this this is simply incredible. Where to start.

Domed bolts - genius
    Smoothed engine - gorgeous
    Paint colors - perfect
    Hubcaps - smooth and clean
    Door buttons - brilliant
    Dash - beautiful
    Grill - looks like it came that way

The simple fact that you seem so nonchalant about how beautifully your build is coming along says a lot about you too. Your work is amazing and top notch. I hope to see it sometime. Lets see... are there any good tourist spots near you lol?

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks for the amazing complement , yes there lots of tourist spots. , including the beach , also the rodder journal show in September in Baltimore , which I'm hoping to Debut the wagon which is close by as well

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Another quick monday update , i got more of my parts back frome chrome , and cont. working on a lot of the small odds and ends that need to be done

[​IMG]

10. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

[​IMG]
    system one oil filter back rom chrome
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bling! I'll be sure to bring my sunglasses to Pimlico :)

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I might not make it there still so much to do and polish :D:(:eek:

13. oldman2

oldman2

Looking sweeeet...Jim

14. wolfex1

wolfex1

If you're not having a good time on the build, what's the point? You tend to get sloppy when you are fatigued. Working all day on somebody else's wheels dosen't leave a lot of energy for your own at night, especially when you have little ones at home. "No success in life compensates for failure in the home". ~WX1

15. So I guess it won't be at the Showdown this weekend, hopefully you will be there.

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

chris i really do enjoy the build , at times it can be fustrating , but for the most part it really is fun . when i get home from work i spend my time with the fam an kids until they go to bed , then im back at it , home life is good :) thanks for the consersns , are you going up to the showdown .
    you know every year i say the wagon is going to make it next year , and again thats a big nope lol , but it should be there for sure next year :rolleyes:, as far a i know of ill be there saturday , are you bring the elky again this year ????????????????????????? i cant wait to see it with the new paint job.

17. wolfex1

wolfex1

No concerns here. I just sympathize with the pressure put on you to get the build done on someone else's schedule. I know family comes first with you. It took me six years to build my ride, which doesn't compare to your build, and that's because I built it with a lower priority than the needs of my family. As long as you continue to put them first, they will enjoy the car as much as you will for years to come. ~Chris

18. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1369179404.071332.jpg just trying the new app out to see how well this things uploads pictures , but I did manage to polish one of the stainless hood slider .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

very true chris , and we plan on enjoying this thing for a long time , and by the way you did one hell of a job on you 39.

20. Good talking with you this weekend. Looking forward to the next update.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. oldman2

oldman2

You kids and your new toys:cool:;)...Jim

22. thebugbox

thebugbox

I hope all is OK. Having update withdrawals. :)

23. Gree5ndf

Gree5ndf
    from usa

I even like the foward opening hood[​IMG]

24. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

Hey cody, haven't been on here for a long time.

nice to see you are still making progress on the loveliest wagon in all of time. you defo got carried away from your initial 'daily cruiser' project though.

Are you planning to put that old boat on the show circuit? I reckon you could clean up everywhere and make yourself a very good professional reputation just by showing this thing off.Orders will come flying in. You'll just have to learn to compromise on customer cars, otherwise you'll only ever make 1 every 3 years.

25. mikejohn56

mikejohn56

Amazing build. Been following for awhile cant wait to see finished.

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

sorry guys its been so long since the last update , things have been crazy hectic here , with the family work and everthing else going on , I have been able to work on the wagon , but I havnt been able to get as much as I wanted to accomplished, so I doubt the wagon will be done for The Rodders Journal show , there still so much to do and the time keeps dwindling down , I still don't have a bunch of my pieces back from chrome yet that I sent out at the end of December , and things keep on messing up causing me more time , so im done stressing over it , it will get done when it gets done and that might not be untile next year , enough of my rambling on so here are the pics

[​IMG]

bed lined the inner fenders and rad support
    [​IMG]

polished out the rad

[​IMG]

the original molding on the right and the new molding I made on the left

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

looking good, and you are right that having gone this far you will just get done when you do. plus then we can keep getting updates....

28. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a heck of a time fugaring out where to put the breather and this is what I came up with
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]

sorry for the distorted fuzzy picture my camera on my phone is messing up , this will be the 8th I phone ive been threw in the last year yes im hard on things

29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

haha:D
    yah just busy like crazy , but you have a update now

thanks

yah it got a little carried away but im happy with the direction it is heading , im not sure on what all show ill be hitting ,
    thank you , me too
    thanks Bruce

30. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you don't make Pimlico we'll be disappointed, but we're not what matters. Do what you need to do and we'll be ready to look when you're ready to show.