Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which wax does everyone prefer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Americanmusclecar, May 31, 2013.

1. heinz51

heinz51

Mr. Zogg's Sex Wax, Best for your stick

2. Reading is fundamental. FREE SHIPPING:D

3. tedster

tedster

Looks to me like only on orders over $115.00

4. 70chev

70chev
    from knox, pa.

My Chevelle has an orig. equip. style laquer/no clearcoat black paint job done 23 years ago and it swirls easily...I started using Turtle Wax Ice about a year ago on it, great stuff, always on sale around here, shines way good and most of the swirl marks can't be seen thru it..

5. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

What he said.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

haha, go easy on poor ol TMAN. A bottle of Wizard is about $14 and shipping is $11, almost doubling the cost. I'm sure not going to buy $115 of the stuff

7. tedster

tedster

If you get on their mailing list they do have some good deals every now and again. They always have deals during Sturgis seeing as how they sell so many bike products. You will like their stuff if you try it. I'm just saying.

8. Actually if you buy one of their kits like this you are there. I have not found one of their products I did not like.

http://www.wizardsproducts.com/store/catalog/Bodyshop-System-Kit-p-33.html

9. slammed

slammed

Wizards last 4-5 months, instead of 4-5 weeks like wax. Any wax.

10. chubbie

chubbie

I've used this a few times, I havn't bought wax in 20 years! get lots of strange stuff in "goody bags" and door prizes. Some times i try it and like it. I might have some "ICE" leftover, and i like it! What do you guys know about it??

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

How often do you guys wax your cars? I'm betting it's too much.

12. Bull

Bull

Actually I did e-mail you with 2 options within 25 miles of the zip codes you gave me and suggest checking with your local Jobbers and Autobody suppliers. I can re-send the e-mail if needed. Because we sell products to warehouse distributors who sell to jobbers, etc I don't always know who is carrying the product in a given area.

We also offer 15% off in our online store with a coupon code I set up: HAMB15.

13. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

This stuff, easy on easy off last a long time. Car beauty professional. Polymer ll
    Paint sealant. I've tried them all this work best. A car detailer product so you have to buy thur them, can't buy at auto parts but worth the extra trouble.

Attached Files:

14. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Sorry about the picture

15. Dwaino

Dwaino

Adams for everything from windows to paint to all the shiny metal around. Their products aren't the cheapest, but I have been absolutely satisfied since I first ran across them.

Using their clay bar and detail spray before applying the polish to the paint sure pulls a lot of junk off the surface, and makes polishing a lot easier.

I have a humungous collection of various brands sitting on the shelf in the garage. Had been a huge fan of Meguires, some Eagle 1 products, Mothers lotions and potions and now stuck on Adams.

16. Muttley

Muttley

I wax mine the second Tuesday of each week.

17. von zipper

von zipper

My cousin drives the limo for the owners of Turtle Wax! He gives me a big box of products every now and then! :D

18. manyolcars

manyolcars

it looks like I am on their mailing list because they are spamming me now

19. Bull

Bull

If you don't want to be on the list, just click the little "unsubscribe" link. We only send e-mail newsletters out about once a month, but if you'd prefer not to get them, just unsubscribe.

By the way, did you get my e-mail with the dealers in your area? I looked up the zip codes you gave me and passed along 2 dealers within 15 miles of one of the zip codes you gave.

20. boucher racing

boucher racing
    from nashville

+1 for Meguiar's NXT wax

I have a non wax type 66 truck and a slick black 64 Chevy II that is a wax monger.

NXT is a great product that lasts a long time

21. oldthudman

oldthudman

In the USAF I had a 61 Chevy Impala bubble top.....Twilight Turquoise......I had ran across Blue Coral (kit) at K-Mart......Used it only on my Chevy and my later MGB GT.........I put it on in 2 foot squares then removed......When I'd get back to base the old chevy would almost blind ye in the Nevada sun.........
    Great stuff.....Wish they'd bring it back...

22. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Both my cars are black so I just started using the new Just for Black by Meguires Great stuff but it's flammable! Can't figure that out.

23. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

For an older oxidized paint job I like to use Turtle Wax Polishing Compound first to take out the oxidation then finish it up with some Meguire's Gold Class liquid wax. For newer base/clear paint I like the Turtle Wax Ice stuff. No white powdery residue left and it is so slick that bird shit slides right off!

24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I prefer the stuff on the dial next to rinse at the 25¢ car wash. Sometimes I even put in an extra quarter.

25. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

After its C. L. E. A. N.
    mothers 05550

:cool:

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Attached Files:

27. Back in the 80s we used the colored waxes, can not understand why they left the market.

28. OneBad56

OneBad56

EDITED:
    Agree with the Adams Spray detailer. There is no hinto of wax in that product, like the other detailers, so safe to use on satin black, plus any other surface.

I also use the Meguiars Ultimate compound and wax on the single stage shiny paint, then Surf City products for the glass and interior.