Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Blind man going to try Bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Parker, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

It is been over a year since I have been on the message board, somebody might have no known about my accident. I have Rick Americe car on March 31, 2012 that has left me totally blind. In doing so I still have the passion to pursue the salt flats, I have gained permission from the bub speed trials to become the first blind man to attempt run the Bonneville salt Flats. I have built a 70 mL three with Please search Dan Parker's quest for the salt. It is my Facebook page giving the details and pictures of my three wheel motorcycle I will be running, thank you everyone

2. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Good for you and good luck. Jack

3. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Awesome! Do it!

4. Went to the FaceBook page, and this is inspirational. He is doing a lot of his own fab work.

5. Dan,,I'm curious,,you say your totally blind so I assume you have someone typing for you but how will you be able to stay on course on such a long stretch on the salt?

I applaud your courage and your tenacity to pursue your dream. HRP

6. It's on his Facebook page....using a modified GPS with audible feedback for course correction.

7. 53Chuck

53Chuck
    BANNED

There was a Buick commercial in the early 90's that had Ray Charles driving a Regal across the flats by himself. He was going pretty fast and look like he was having the time of his life.

..........but what would I know I'm just an FNG.

8. captmullette

captmullette

damn, that is just over the top.......you will do this, I know it

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You're making it REALLY hard for the folks who say, "I can't...". Keep up the great work and good luck.

10. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Thank you everyone for checking out my Facebook page. I use my Apple iPad and use the speak to voice option to type that's how I'm typing right now talking into my iPad. Passing will be learned how to hand-tied it will be more proficient using the message Board. I hope to run 75 mph in the salt but the biggest game will just be the first man that is totally blind from Salt Lake. Thank you everyone for keeping up with

11. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Good Luck Dan! I wonder how accurate the talking tape measure is and would like reading about other technology -old or new- you are using to get the job done. If the 50cc's doesn't get it, I have a coupla 235s you can use.

12. D-man313

D-man313

Go man go!!!!

One question, do you have some type of app "reader" that speaks what we are replying?

13. Thanks for the information,,contrary to popular belief everybody is not on facebook. HRP

14. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Enjoy every second!!

15. Do it man. Do it! We're in your corner!!

16. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Fucking winner!

(Expletive just for the readback feature....)

I admire those that dont heed to the disabled category...My aunts husband Andy is a paraplegic....and that dood is mega high speed....I cant keep up with the cat....it seems like he totally has forgotten that he is in a wheelchair....

Go.....then go faster.

17. Danica Lynnae

Danica Lynnae

Wow Dan! I'm sure you will do great and have a blast living your passion! You got us all behind you cheering you ON!!!! W2G!!!! Big Hugs! God Bless!

18. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Good luck,brother...

19. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Good Luck and I am subscribing to the thread.

20. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

You don't have to see to be able to type. One of the typing tests was with the keyboard covered.

21. brady1929

brady1929

Good luck. You are an inspiration.

22. Muttley

Muttley

Wow, this is awesome. I've been feeling pretty lousy about some family problems and the last couple of days it seems like everything is headed right down the shitter. Then all of a sudden your thread crosses my path and it reminds me that there is still a reason to smile once in a while. Thumbs up to you Sir.

23. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Thank you everyone for keeping up with my project. I am a long line hot rod enthusiast the day of my rick I had bought a 1950 suburban and walk one day hope to get it on the road so my girlfriend arriving around with my arm hanging out the right window

24. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Please excuse my English my Apple iPad does not understand my southern language. Period. LOL It ended this year I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer at a local hospital to help teach the kids machine shop, we had a great time and I was able to show them a lot of stuff on the milling machine. High school not machine shop High school not hospital excuse me LOL Adapting to being blind has been challenging sometimes making a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches more interesting than running the new machine Somehow always manage to make a mess of the peanut butter jelly sandwich. If someone is kind enough today post a picture of my Bonneville project list. I would love for everyone to be a will see the body as it's current state to understand what I'm trying to do. Thank you so much damn

25. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here ya go Dan, Bike looks Great!!!, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

26. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Inspirational, way to go. Makes you realize the 'problems' most of us have are pretty insignificant....

27. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

it looks like a great build, but notice there are no brakes, just going to shut it off and glide into history. Keep going

28. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

very nice bike, hope to read/hear about your quest in the near future

His face book page is open and you do not have to be a member to read it you just have to search using your search engine google, yahoo bing or whatever for "Dan Parker's quest for the salt"

29. wex65

wex65
    from WV

30. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I am impressed and good luck buddy!