Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project "Creeper"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munster Motors, May 28, 2013.

1. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

i agree

2. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Agree. Cool truck but this isn't the place for you...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. I hate those wheels on the factory trucks. Something about plastic rims I just don't like. Sure they look shiny. But your just looking at plastic

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. cmarcus

cmarcus

FlynBrian has newer Dodge wheels and an LS powerplant with his Diamond T and no one gave him flack. To each his own!

5. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

you guys are a piece of work you chop cut channel mutilate old cars bagg and air ride them and i put a set of wheels on and im the anti christ..laughing my ass off

and i see lots on here with modified frames and sub frames that are no where near "era correct mods"

and as long as im a member i will post my pics if ya like them or not its still an original drive-train and frame and brakes and everything else inside just 12v now how many of you posers can say that? and you call yourself purists and period correct..hahaha

its about keeping the old tin alive and on the road and if ya cant respect another guys ride you should not comment about it...didnt your momma ever tell ya "if ya aint got nut'n nice to say then dont say anything at all"

6. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

dont expect any one to support my frame swap or even help with it for that fact....if and when i do a frame swap its for a more modern and easier frame to get parts for....all to please me not you or your opininon just shareing some old tin with ya enjoy it or not

7. bgaro

bgaro

you made a huge mistake here....................put those reflectors back on.

8. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

No kidding huh....think i'll even add a few more to get back into the good graces :rolleyes:

9. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Yeah... all thats traditional.... Other than your wheels:rolleyes:

Simple fact is this is a traditional site... Yeah your not the only one here with non traditional, Subframes and stuff... But by the description of this site... Posts about that truck with those wheels and talks of newer frames do not belong...

10. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

if ya dont like it move onto the next post simple as that;

no different then talk of nova subs and camaro subs or lt1 motors in old iron ...or air bags on an old suspension :confused: ....idiot get a life :eek:

an lets not forget electronic ignition while were at it? cause we all know that's period correct too right.....

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  11. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Here's what a Dodge with 20s is supposed to look like.

[​IMG]

12. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

13. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

now that i would have to lower on 16's hahahahahaha

14. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

15. regardless of our opinions, you do what you want because it is YOUR truck. but for me the shoes don't match the suit....if ya know what i'm saying.

16. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

no worries man, and i know what your saying...its all good

17. docmike

docmike

I've often wondered if one of these truck bodies would fit in a Dakota 4X4 frame? I've got a '97 Dakota that's starting to show it's age and I love the way it rides and drives and I think it would be a great combination of style meets function. Just so nobody gets the wrong idea, I'm not going to be attempting this conversion. It's just one of those things that I have thought about.

Doc

18. I Drag

I Drag

Bro…let me clue you in: The wheels on your truck, and by extension, your truck, suck.

The use of 20” wheels on classic vehicles is something that will never look correct. I don’t care if Foose cannot stop doing it. He should know better. To anyone over the age of 30, this look will never be acceptable.

When people are young, or new to something, they naturally lack experience. They may lack historical perspective. They don’t know the history of a subject, and are influenced by what is happening now. And I was guilty of this when I was younger too. I tended to be unduly influenced by ‘things that I saw’. Things that were new, or trendy, seemed fresh and cool. Ten years later, I saw just how wrong I was. But I did develop, and mature, and I can now appreciate why certain things are just inherently correct, and why others are not.

Putting contemporary (20”) wheels on a vehicle some 80 years old is just going to look funny. And when I say funny, I mean bad. LMAO.

Heres a little mental exercise that may illustrate my point better…lets say you have the same truck, and you decided to put some giant wooden wagon wheels on it. Like the ones on horse drawn carriages from 80 years in the opposite direction, the mid 1800s. Do you think this would look good? Do you think this would not draw derision? Of course not, this would look stupid, and anyone looking at it would most certainly agree. LMAO.

Look, I don’t know you, youre probably a nice person, and you think youre making your truck look cool, and anyway who gets harmed, right? I mean you no personal ill will, but unfortunately you come on here doing something dumb, you get lambasted for it, you’re offended, and then you throw it off like you don’t care, and we’re all stupid for not liking it. Go ahead, LYAO.

All Im saying is, if you didn’t care what others think, you wouldn’t immediately get defensive. By merely posting, you care what others think; and they have told you. Instead of typing out a BS reply, you might take some time to reflect and think about how others are really trying to help you. And find some suitable wheels.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  19. spudz

spudz

By all means there is no wrong way to build it... and if he likes it like it is leave it that way... I was just saying it doesnt belong on this fourm......

20. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

I'm with you dude. build "your" ride the way YOU please. I didn't see where any of these critics were financing your ride, so take a back seat and enjoy the ride. If you don't enjoy the view ,get out.

QUOTE=Munster Motors;8951327]you guys are a piece of work you chop cut channel mutilate old cars bagg and air ride them and i put a set of wheels on and im the anti christ..laughing my ass off

and i see lots on here with modified frames and sub frames that are no where near "era correct mods"

and as long as im a member i will post my pics if ya like them or not its still an original drive-train and frame and brakes and everything else inside just 12v now how many of you posers can say that? and you call yourself purists and period correct..hahaha

its about keeping the old tin alive and on the road and if ya cant respect another guys ride you should not comment about it...didnt your momma ever tell ya "if ya aint got nut'n nice to say then dont say anything at all"[/QUOTE]

21. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

have another beer bro your still not making any sense, must be your lack of knowledge and inmaturity..... :rolleyes:

22. indyjps

indyjps

This thread is headed for closed unless we turn it around, Good Job on getting the truck running and getting some miles on it in original condition, wheels-just consider these as temporary rollers with good tread, run the tread off this summer, get some miles on the truck and figure what you want to change this winter

23. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

Exactly!.....im just glad the damn thing is running....and cant wait to put miles on it.....being a driver is the most important part to me it can move on its own accord may not be pretty with the rust scratches and dents but its mine...and the grand daughter loves it

24. raidmagic

raidmagic

Yep I love them old trucks. Keep plugging away, that's a great looking truck. Cool to see someone fixing and driving your car instead of talking about it.