Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which wax does everyone prefer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Americanmusclecar, May 31, 2013.

1. Meguiars - Why would you wax a rat !

2. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I like Diamond Luster, getting hard to find. I noticed Jax Wax is selling a wax that looks and smells like Diamond Luster they call is Cherry Wax. I asked the guy selling it if it was Diamond Luster he said its basically the same stuff. I think these companys are buying in bulk and putting their name on the product. Like oil, gas and antifreeze, only a few makers but tons of sellers.

3. jozw30

jozw30
    from Arizona

Zaino Bros.

Wax is old school though........

4. Collinite makes a good, long lasting wax. No. 476 Super Doublecoat Paste Wax rivals sealants in durability.

5. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Wax? On the HAMB?

6. Believe it or not i accidently came across some wax that is just awesum on black. From Lucas. The oil guys? Yes , it's great and cheap to. Undescript bottle and never hear any adds about it. Great stuff.

7. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

chemical guys or 3D products

8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Wax ? Naaa fuck wax.
    I like em aged....... naturally and cool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Maybe the Viking needs to visit. My new favorite commercial.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  11. suede shoe

suede shoe

That's what I've been using! ;)

Attached Files:

12. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

13. outlaw256

outlaw256

ive got shelves full of all kinds of waxes and polishes, .about every brand you can think of. but for some reason I keep pickin up the old turlewax hardshell.not that I think its any better than the rest I just like it.seems to work real good and its cheap.and it seems to stay where I put it for a long time.

14. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Has anybody used a polish called Astro shield? I have had good luck with that product.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

16. slowmotion

slowmotion

Wow, that brings back memorys :D. All the rage in the 70's. Had a can I just finished up a couple of years ago, religated to the lawn tractor annual shine up.

Nowadays, I just use what's on the shelf. NuFinish for momma's DD, Moose hand glaze for the sickle, son uses Meguires Tech 2.0 on his truck (black), gotta say it does a look good.

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

What is RAT WAX? Sounds like a product that after application causes dents and rust in all panels and the paint to deteriorate to a dull crusty finish. Only one application required.

18. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

My dad got turned on to astro shield by a friend of his who owns a restoration shop. I was pleased about how easy it goes on and buffs off. I had a can and it froze in the wyoming winter and now I cant find any around here. Meguiars has always given me good results.

19. what ever happened to Wax Shoppe Super Glaze?

20. jmpowie

jmpowie

Rat wax is for flat colors like "flat black" It does not turn white when it drys.

I love HAMB and the word Rat, its kinda like Jolapy to the adults in the 50's Bad News

21. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

X2 , their entire product line is all quality and very user friendly . I had a guy detail my truck last year using their system , and was very impressed . While he was there , he let me try their products on my roadster and was surprised at how easy it was to use and the end result was excellant . The wax is a little spendy but it's extremely easy to use and seems to last for quite a while .

22. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Not sure what Pilar uses. It's a hard wax and hurts significantly less than the regular strips. She's the best, especially down there.

23. Deuces

Deuces

How about paintin' it???...:rolleyes:

24. Deuces

Deuces

Sure! Why not????.....:rolleyes:

25. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Mark, Ya didn't mention ''Harly'' wax 100% carrnuba! Standard for all lacquer jobs , here on the west coast:D

26. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

I've used Mothers, Meguires, Turtle and others, an automotive painter buddy gave me a can of this last year... I wash the car first, don't buy the "no need to wash" bullshit, works really good... name's interesting as well...

http://www.fukkenwax.ca/

27. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I use surf city garage and griots wax.Surf city has the best wax I have used.Pinnicle and wolfgang make great claying and wax kits as well

28. Cruiser

Cruiser

In the past, I used a product called Buffalo Milk it will give a great shine. The problem with products like Buffalo Milk, Wizards you have to send for them. I can pick up a great producst from Meguires at the parts store, drug store, grocery store, Wal-Mart, K-Mart the stuff is everywhere.
      I'll stay with Meguires, two blocks away is the drug store. :D

CRUISER :cool:

29. Back in the day, late '60s early 70's I used Blue Coral. That was the best. Even was in Jan and Dean's lyrics of "Drag City" Blue Coral wax job sure looks pretty. Everyone bitched about how hard it was to remove but I found the secret. Cornstarch on the removal cloth took it off in a snap. After you sealed it everything would slide off the finish even your honeys butt.. I wish I could still get some.

[​IMG]

30. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Awwww, c'mon Rex, if it was really 100% carnuba wax, it would be like waxing your car with a brick! Even the highest "solids" wax is only about 20% wax, and the rest is solvents, fragrance, and oils.
    But Harley wax is good! I used to like the old "Classic Car Wax" in the black cans as well.
    After doing a lambswool buff-out with "Liquid Ebony"!