Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Work With Complete Idiots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by S2X01, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S2X01

S2X01

So...i took my front drums into work today to have them turned.
    Some ass hat moron put them in the scrap bin, and now they're gone forever.

I'm furious....

2. I'm sure you set them in a proper place clearly labeled or at least let others know you were going sneak a freeby on compane time
    It does sound like there is at least one idiot

3. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Uh, what? Where do your work?

4. S2X01

S2X01

People were notified. They were even on the bench next to the lathe.
    Not sure how it happened...but maybe I'll get a disc conversion out of the deal.

5. S2X01

S2X01

That one major auto parts store that also does service

6. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Way to be a dick right off the bat. He never said he took them to get turned for free, maybe he was going to cough up the 20 bucks to pay? Maybe the people he works with see old brake drums and don't have a clue they are cool? Why crap in his wheaties after he just lost his drums? Go be a dick somewhere else.

7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What happened to the scrap bin?

8. oltruckag

oltruckag

How long did they sit there? Things around our warehouse sit for a while until someone decides they need it or it's in the way.

That does totally suck that they're gone though.

9. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

maybe someone measured them and they couldn't be turned????? Or maybe someone just doesn't like you????

10. that would be Mr Dick to you sir .
    it might be because I'm around people that won't accept responsibility for their own doing . I'm sure the company would be out of business if it did not have some sort of tracking system for customers parts . if he was not responsible for where he left the parts. I have to assume that the company should be out of business. Just one opinion

11. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

I'm just saying assume nothing until you have all the facts Mr.Dick.

12. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Could we please refrain from slang terms like Mr. Dick? I think it would be a lot more civil if you used Mr. Penis.

13. davidh73750

davidh73750

these parts stores today are a joke. I can speak of a few that hate turning drums they have even sold me new drums 2/3 off because they didn't want to turn them.

14. It's Dr Dick. I didn't spend 7 years in med school to be called Mr.! :)

15. My guess the boss knew you were going for a freebie and shit canned them himself!

16. JW I've been on this board for 15 years and that's the first time I've been called a dick I kinda like it thanks buddy

17. Rocket Scientist Chris

Rocket Scientist Chris
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rightfully so. But it sounds like the drums are really gone. Now's your chance to be a hero. Present the problem to management and underscore the potential for customer losses and the possiblity of the store having to come up with replacements. At the Rocket Factory, scrap parts are marked with red paint and if possible the word "scrap" is also in red. Only one department can do the marking. In the case of your shop, one person should be designated as the marker. Once a decision is made that a part is only good for scrap, it's clearly marked. If the marker person is unavailable or no descision can be made, the part is put aside (but NOT scrapped). When scrap is sent out, it will be easy to see only scrap marked parts in the bin.

This system helps keeps bad parts from going on rockets and good parts from going in the trash. :D

18. jimbanner

jimbanner

I hope if anybody on here ever calls me a dick they refer to me as "Sir Dick"

19. S2X01

S2X01

They were there for less than 12 hours. When I got to work today, the scrap truck was already gone and unloaded. My name is still in the system...because yes I was going to pay for it. It's a new manager who keeps barking at the techs to clean combined with a lack of common sense.
    I don't suspect it was done on purpose...I just think a few people back there never stop to assess situations and think first

20. guitard

guitard

"Way to be a dick right off the bat."

I'm sorry but that was hilarious.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, a pair of old and possibly worn beyond being turned drums laying on the bench with no work order or no tags or markings on them probably appeared to be junk drums to some "tech" who has been ragged on to keep things clean. They may have been sitting real close to where a pair of actually junk drums were sitting at close to quitting time the day before too.

As far as a parts house not wanting to turn drums to sell new ones I say bullshit because turning a set of drums is about the easiest almost 100% profit a shop can make. Put the drum on the machine, set the machine up, start it turning and walk off and come back when it quits cutting and either take the drum off the machine or make another cut. A guy who knows what he is doing can tell if it is doing right by listening to it from across the shop while he is doing something else.

22. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

He did request that I refer to him as Mr.Dick, I'm a reasonable guy.

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Mr. Penis or Mr. Dick,whichever you prefer is probably the type who would toss them in the scrap and laugh about it for weeks :D

24. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Are they the same as the 41 Plymouth 4 door? If so I have a good pair..... Buddy...LoL.... I do have a good pair though... let me know...

25. guitard

guitard

There's some ball busting here of a very high caliper...

26. I prefer Commodore Dick

27. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

People still turn drums?

28. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

We could even throw an Esquire in there somewhere.

29. So what's with this Dick thing? I've been a Dick for almost 72 years and it doesn't seem to have any positive or negative effect on me.
    Later,
    Dick

30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

My old neighbor`s name is Charles Richard LeRette. In the phone book. It says, C R Dick LeRette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.