Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I put my 64 Falcon on a S10 today!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinbender, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gas mask

Gas mask
    from Canada

So, that drove fine down the street?

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I took my rear engine dragster bare chassis in to Art Morrison Enterprises to have the roll cage updated to a five point. Bare frame, wheels-tires, the front end hanging out the back of my 3/4 ton pick up, going down I-5. When you have about 12 feet hanging out the back, with a canopy on, you get strange looks, and a few thumbs up. I called the Washington State Patrol to make sure it was legal, and as long as I had a flag on the end, it was. When I bought a fiberglass front end for my 56 Bracket Car, the only car I had to use was my little sisters 63 Chevy II Station Wagon. I slipped the glass nose on the back of the wagon, and tied it down; it was "backwards", and there was just enough room to see out the rear window. Got some looks doing that also. Towed the 56 bracket Car to the paint shop with the same wagon, and no sheet metal on the front of the 56; that looked odd, even to me. If a Chevy II Station Wagon can safely flat tow a 56 Chevrolet, that says something to me about flat towing. Of course the brakes on the Chevy II were a big concern; they did't work all that well on the car normally for as small as they were. When I rebuilt the finish line "poles" for Bremerton Raceway, I transported them slung under my pick up truck; each pole was two pieces that I finish welded together and painted after delivery to the track; they were 20 feet long when completed, but one section of each pole was only four feet long, the other 16 feet. These poles were traqnsported about 60 miles, from my house to the track, and I was praying I would't get stopped. I think we've all done some questionable things to a part/car from one location to another. Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say. Butch/56sedandelivery

3. henry29

henry29

At least you got the wheels centered in wheel wells better than most swaps.

4. Yeah it was fine. I've had 3/4 ton on it. This was maybe 1000. I didn't go very fast. Only had to go 3 miles. Amazing how close people followed me:confused:

I didn't really want this truck. I was building a F1 for a guy. He wanted me to put the S10 under the F1. I talked him out of it. :D I needed a winter car so I took it in trade. Little POS has been a great daily. I'd like to get rid of it, and get something "cooler" but it does everything I ask it to @ 20 plus mpg. so WTF, I drive it.

5. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

By strapping that great Falcon onto the S-10, you just quadrupled the value of the S-10.

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thanks, man...:)

7. gardenjeg

gardenjeg
    from nc

Man and they call us Red Necks!

8. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

Looks like it needs a lowering kit.

CN

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

We do, we're just busy laughing! Good one. That looks great as is, don't dechop.

I'm going to pick up a chassis in my sb pickup this weekend, picks to follow.

10. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I'm in the midst of some changes in my life (GOOD ones!) so my "plan" has been revised. I'm getting into another project sooner and deeper than I expected so the Falcon goes back into storage.......again. But I'm happy to have it home. Might work on it just a little this next winter.........we'll just have to see where my A D D leads me.....;)

Hardly anyone gave me strange looks on the way home......they just thought I was another scrapper! :D

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

How about a 1934 3/W coupe on a F-350 Super Duty 4x4 Chassis ?

[​IMG]

12. If I had that truck I could stand um on end and haul three:D

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell, I thought little camper shells for S-10 pickups would be easier than that to find around Spokane. You will need a step ladder to be able to climb up and sleep in that thing on the club campout though.

14. Careful, don't be putting ideas in my head! :eek:

15. Well,like they say,, :D HRP

[​IMG]

16. wayfarer

wayfarer

Don't leave that on the street too long, someone will move into it!

17. That's what SHE said....

Bob

18. basicbob

basicbob

Tinbender, you should have cut the top off your S-10 which would have allowed you to stand up driving looking out the Falcon windshield! Bob

19. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

L. M. O. B. O. ! ! ( Laugh My Olde Butt Off ) ! !

20. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

Camper Special??? ;-)

Al in TN

21. RARE57

RARE57

"I - second brad2v" ! "Curiousity got the best of me" ! :eek:

22. 3spd

3spd

The real question is: could you do wheelies with all that weight behind the rear axle?

23. raidmagic

raidmagic

Well played sir, well played.

24. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

So when's it goods move under it's own power? Not the truck.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

So awesome. Thanks for the laugh! :D

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

All I gotta say is:cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:eek:
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

27. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Well....it could be worse but in any event you put yourself in the category of 'dopes who do stupid stuff on public roads'. You know, the kind of people you see dropping queen size mattresses on the highway or cruising down the road with 14 refrigerators tied to the bed of an S10.

I don't even see any red flag on the back of that car. I think the law is if it sticks out of your truck by more than 30" you should be flying a flag, eh? I'll bet you'd have been upset if some lady at a stoplight had driven under your Falcon and killed herself and her 6 year old kid. Mighta dented your car.

Next time rent a trailer for a few bucks. It's peanuts compared to what you've done to your karma.

28. I took the 3x 3 red tarp off the back before the pictures. This is not the first load I've tied down. Car did not move, shift whatsoever. Brake lights were totally visible. My karma is just fine.

But thanks for your concern and judgment even if you don't know the facts.

29. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

.....and don't forget your little helmet, knee pads, and elbow gaurds when you ride your bicycle........

sheesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.