Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Hey, why not, those are great pics!

2. Cruiser

Cruiser

The "Uncertain T" will always be a show car from the days of wild creation's to gain show points. The UT deserves it place in the lime light again, like it or not it's a part of show car history. :D

CRUISER :cool:

3. Look for Steve on F/B he also just started a web page for it as well. He lives in Hawaiie and is thinking about moving back to the mainland as he says. As for the car he said its in a building in California and the curent owner has let it set and its in rough shape. That's all he would tell me.

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you would have bothered to read this thread you would have discovered that we already know all that (and more).

HEMI32 likes this.
  5. You left out the part where he's looking for someone to finance his move back to the mainland...

There's always another layer of story with this one... Getting ridiculous.

Posted via telegraph.

6. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I have no problem with Mr. Scott promoting his models,pics,etc. to support himself.It's definitely his right to do so.My question is the way he is doing it.Obviously he has made the "Right" connections thru the years working for Car Craft & other publications.So he knows people & places to do that as have many others,Don Garlits,Norm Grabowski,yada yada yada ...the list goes on.Why aren't any of these other professional outlets stepping up to the plate with him.If there is a buck to be made I'm sure somebody would jump on the chance.I wonder what's going on behind the scenes? I think there's more to this story than is being told.Just my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  7. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I have been following this post for quite some time now. Sounds like the original Uncertain T is alive but not well. It is in storage somewhere in California and from what I gather the car is in rough condition from sitting for so long. The Uncertain T apparently was last seen in 1965, which means the car has been sitting for the last 48 years. A car sitting that long will have the chrome turning green and flaking off, rust will be showing in many areas, the paint will show it's age and be checked and cracked in places, the interior will be dry and cracking in places and the engine is more than likely stuck. A picture of the car in it's current state certainly wouldn't be flattering and I don't think anyone will see a picture of the car anytime soon. The original builder is now retired and living in Hawaii. People should be able to retire and enjoy their remaining years. If the original builder wants to make some extra cash selling pictures and autographs, he has every right to do so. He is not hurting anyone selling Uncertain T memoriabilia. You have the choice of buying the pictures and autographs he is offering or not buying them. What I would like to see is someone purchase the Uncertain T and restore it back to it's former glory. I would be willing to bet that most of the HAMB members here would love to see the Uncertain T again and the newer generation that has never seen or even heard of the Uncertain T would be very appreciative when viewing this car for the first time. The Uncertain T makes a very strong and lasting first impression!

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Many years of neglect do leave their mark, and if the car looks like that it would go a long way towards proving its the real thing.
    And not a recreation.

So if it cant seen like that because it wouldn't be flattering, hopefully it is at least being documented really well.
    Before and during its restoration...

9. Okay, found this one - might be for sale...

Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  10. brandon

brandon

man....dig that torino ^^^^^:eek:

11. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I'm on board and feel the same as above. It is a great story. At first I thought that a late teen or early twenty with no skills or tools could not build something that sophisticated. After thinking it over I feel a tenacious teen with an obsession could pull it off. I just can't wait for the rest of the story. WHAT HAPPENED! Seems he was on top of the world then something brought him down. What was it? War, drugs, loss of a loved one? I just hope he can tell a true and full story. I just might buy the book. I did buy Edd Byrnes (Kookie) autobiography and enjoyed it. He laid it out for all to see. Hope this guy has the guts to do the same.

12. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Halibrandsteve, check your PM's.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

14. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Where did that body come from?
    Is it steel?

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Not sure, e-mail the owner and ask him. :)

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Maybe so.

18. Fellow HAMBer asked me to post these - could it be the original that was used to pull a mold for the 'glass version??

Steve

Attached Files:

19. I waited all these years for the Drama to unfold and I missed it! Hahaha!

20. brandon

brandon

guess that could be why it hasn't showed up yet...:rolleyes:

21. b-bob

b-bob

That sure looks like it could be the original doesn't it?
    I saw that version from Vancouver Island years ago, but it was just a tubing skeleton of the body with no panels. I would say it was a copy.

That one in Alberta could be the skeleton I saw that was finished? Who knows?!

22. Hi HalibrandSteve. No, it's not the original "plug" that I made to lay up the mold over, that I then laid up the body inside of. It's close, but even with these little photos I can see several elements that are wrong.

Even so, I'd REALLY like to have much bigger photos of it for my website, and then for my book. If your friend has larger originals, and can make high quality scans, please let him know and ask him to contact me. If he doesn't, then if he or anyone else knows the exact location of where this skeleton is, I'd really like to send someone out to not just take more and much better photos, but document the trip, too, especially including and documenting who went on the "hunt" :)

Please let me know what you, and he know.

Thanks!

Steve

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  23. I raised my hand first... so I'll answer your "Who knows?!" question: I do... I know. I made the original "plug" out of electrical conduit, lath and plaster. I had to destroy it after making the mold because it was so heavy, and no place to store it.

The last I saw of the mold was where I stored it in the side yard of where I worked in Camarillo, CA. When I went back to get it after leaving the company, it was gone, and nobody knew what happened to it. My guess is that the landlord did some yard cleaning and either cut it up and tossed it out, or just hauled it to a dump with all the junk that was also in the side yard :(

24. No, wingnutz... you only missed the beginning. There's A LOT more to come. Stay tuned :rolleyes:

25. Thanks, Cruiser :)

26. Thanks, Jimmy. Good for you :)

27. KATFISH

KATFISH

I'll be 70 myself Wednesday,Saw the car a couple of times back then,allways liked it.

I also really liked the beautiful Redhead in the green sweater & black skirt that was shown with the car a time or two.

Wonder where she is now?

Oh well......

Have enjoyed the thread.

28. I'll send him a note - hopefully he's got more info and better pics.

Steve

29. Hi KATFISH! Advance Happy Birthday!

Do you remember where you saw it? If so, where?

Which girl do you remember? The one in my publicity photo and on the cover of the 1965 Winternationals program, or the one with me on the Monogram model box cover?

Attached Files:

30. Thanks very much, Steve.