Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm Officially the Proud owner of a 36 Ford Coupe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie57Ranchero, May 31, 2013.

1. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Its official, i am the proud owner of a 1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe! I still can't believe she's all mine... I ended up selling my 40 Ford Pickup to buy it about a month n half ago...Right now i'm just going through all the mechanical stuff , just finished rebuilding the motor (350/350) , replaced the radiator, etc... Once i'm done with that then the fun stuff, As of right now just planning to sand her down shoot her a different color, Throw on some white walls etc... Just wanted to share with everyone... I'd like to see some pics of everyones 35/36's Coupes, Customs or whatever!

Attached Files:

2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Congrats.

He's a look to consider.

[​IMG]

3. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Totally digging that... I'm planning to just shoot it a nice satin black and stripe it for now... I definitely want to figure out a clean paint job that will pop eventually

4. Good looking car, congrats.

5. mustangdug

mustangdug

Very nice, I really dig those cars!

6. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Congrats ! Nothing better than a 36 !

7. jhaas63

jhaas63

Satin black with wide whites would look awesome. Nice car. Congrats buddy.

8. Great looking car,,Please loose the wheels,,HRP

9. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Looks great love them cars

10. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

I'm looking forward to un-street rodding it, haha

11. striper

striper

Leave it yellow. Put on some steelies with www and dog dish caps. Pure 50s.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. metalman

metalman

36 Coupes are way up on my want lists, congrats! Had one once, matter of fact I traded my 41 PU for it. Had to sell it before I got it on the road for money for a divorce attorney, least mine went to a good cause!

13. cederholm

cederholm

LOVE IT! (no so much the wheels tho) Congratz!!

14. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

Cool! That car won't be hard to make right! Congrats!

15. Lot of good potential there. Un-street rod it and have fun.

16. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Right on with the new purchase. That roof treatment is intersting.

17. ^^^^^Popular way to fill the center-piece back in the '60's and '70's, using the roof from a wagon.

18. Like you need another opinion on it, but...a set of black steelies with caps and trim rings would look pretty killer on it.

Congrats!

19. Nice score! Definitely drive it for awhile before you do any major changes. You'll learn alot about the car and which styling direction you want to go.

20. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice car, just change the wheels and tires and drive till you figure out your paint. no sense in doing it twice, especially with the satin black. my 0.02

21. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats. I love 36 fords.

22. Nice! The 36 has been at the top of my wish list for quite a while. Have fun with it.

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Leave the color, add some 60's mags....run RADIALS! Call it done!
    Satin black with, what, red and white pinstriping?!
    Don't do it man.....this thing is bitchin' save for those Weld wheels. Polished Hals....5 spokes. Black vinyl interior, narrow pleats. I'll trade you my '37 pickup project, a '63 Dart and my dune buggy, even throw in a mini bike and one of my kids!

24. streetrodder13

streetrodder13

Nice car..I also unstreetrodded mine

25. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nice but if it were mine it needs to be black.

26. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Thats really cool i never knew that!

27. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Thanks guys! Definitely planning on Un Street Rodding it, the tires and rims are hideous haha... As far as the Satin Black goes unfortunately thats the only color i have lying around, Besides what i've put into it already, buying White Walls and Rims is just more money i don't have for paint :(

28. I must agree......
    The satin black with whitewalls theme is everywhere, and unfortunately, they all start looking alike. Be a trendsetter. I'd spin the Time Machine Wheel back to 1965, throw on some unpolished Torq-Thrusts (15x8.5 rear, 15x6 front), throw on some radials for a nice, safe ride, and maybe even lose the bumpers for a pair of nerfs front and rear. Go simple on the interior with some black 'hyde. Change the steering wheel to a Superior 500 in black, and change the guages to Stewart Warner with the white needles and the chrome bezels.

If you go whitewalls and satin black, you'll fade into the crowd at a show. If you go with a '60s vibe, you will OWN the crowd.

You know I'm just ribbing you, but consider what Jeem is saying. That cat is cool like the other side of the pillow.

29. Favorite line of the day.

30. x2 The fastest way to unstreetrod something to is change the wheels and tires and leave the rest alone. If you want to change up the paint have a local pinstriper lay down some traditional "Jefferies" or 'Von Dutch" styled striping on the deck lid and hood.