Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engler's junk yard in NE Pa to crush cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidsteer, Mar 18, 2011.

1. 65 dodge guy

65 dodge guy

Hi guys
    My name is Gene . I live in wapwallopen about 7 miles from Englers . This is truly a neat place to visit if your going by on interstate 81. Englers is very close to the Nuangola exit. Thier is a 69 charger setting in a yard on the way to Englers ,its been thier since the 70s dont waste your time stopping to ask about it. Needing parts for my 65 dodge and other various mopar projects over the years its like going to your local upullit but its old cars not new ones !! Up untill a couple of years ago they had a carshow next to the yard , no judging just a good time . All the proceeds went to the church next to the yard . The church had a chicken bbq the same day and you were welcome to roam the yard at your liesure. I have dealt with Bobby on many occasions and have always found him to be fair . It will be a shame to see the yard go away its like going back to see an old freind when we go back thier .
    Gene

2. Hey Gene, I'm right across the river from you, just outside Shickshinny.
    If anyone wants to make a day of it, it'd be cool to meet up. As close as this place is to me, I have never been there! Afterwards, we can fire up the BBQ at my place.

3. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

Are their prices fair?

4. PAracer

PAracer

Planning on making the trip up to the yard if I can confirm they will be open tomorrow. No answer but I'll keep trying.

5. 65 dodge guy

65 dodge guy

Don vee sure we could go to Englers send me a message .
    GENE

6. long island vic

long island vic

will they help you load??is there any way too get the complete cars out??are there any motels around can u pull the parts............im looking for a pickup that has some kind of future......anyone out there that can help me out in that im not around the corner...clarke sawzall tokyo ??????

7. gump

gump

So any update on the status of yard did they close did they crush most everything yet. Is it still worth our time to make the trip

8. gump

gump

I talked with bob owner of englers. He crushed several carcuses of cars picked threw rotted out stuff but still has several thousand cars and trucks left. But like everything else he said it wont be around for ever... So go visit bob and hopefully find what you need

9. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Thanks for the update.

10. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

englers still has some good stuff left been there in November, noticed a section of cars gone

11. Id be in for a day of fun walking and picking....maybe we should make a HAMB and Eggs day of it, meet for breakfast and then head to the yard......any good diners in the area????? Not sure how far from Camp Hill but Id make the trip!

12. You're about 2 hours away. :)

13. Nice looking projects just waiting for new care takers

14. montclaire

montclaire

Just wanted to post that they have sped up their crushing, all will be gone by this time next year. Still many, many cars and parts, but less by the day. Last chance, better make it.

15. Planned on going to it after the jalopy invatational but we might have to go sooner

16. I finally made my way to engler's today. The pickings are still good but they were crushin cars while I was there. I couldn't stay long because a major thunderstorm rushed me out. Everyone there was great tho, and i was surprised at all the old mopar cars and trucks they had. I wish I could have stayed longer and maybe picked up a few pieces for my truck, I hope I can stop there again soon. All I have to say is if you are thinking of going, you better get goin because it probably won't be along much longer!

17. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

Anyone been here recently??

18. Wizard

Wizard

Is there anything left or cars/trucks there to buy and restore yet?

Wizard

19. Odds are they've crushed them, no one's buying much of anything, I've bumped my ad here a few times and gotten no responses.

20. raidmagic

raidmagic

Yeah, I keep reading your ad but the $1400 or so it would cost me to get that Hudson down here makes it not doable for me.

21. Wizard

Wizard

I called earlier today around 3:45 PM but the phone just rang and rang.. No answer. Anyone been there in the last month or so?? Any other big old junkyards with old cars/trucks around that area or in PA to restore something?

Wizard

22. I had a guy leave today to pick up among other things a golf cart in Orlando who easily could have hauled the car there for a reasonable rate.

23. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

any other yards in this area? i went to ez pull and save in new ringold and it just isnt the same, well over picked no good parts left unless your building a 53 plymouth 4 door and a 49-52 chevy 4 door. wasnt worth the 2 hour drive. i thought i recalled of a yard that opens after spring carlisle somewhere around harrisburg i think could be wrong. somewhere in pa i dont remember

24. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

He is closed on Wednesday.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. Wizard

Wizard

I just called today and talked to Bob. Says he has about 400-500 cars there yet. He is not crushing anything right now till this fall (Sept-Oct) he is selling complete cars.

Wizard

26. woodenmerc

woodenmerc
    from East B. F.

I went to Engler's last week. Still quite a few cars left. Spoke with the owner they will resume crushing in the fall. Worth a trip.

27. thats a crying shame ..... its just making these cars very rarer and part(s) will more impossible to find for them =(

28. My father in law Kevin told me about this place. We are really gunning something fierce to make it up there within the next few weeks. We dont really need anything and all in all, I think we would just go up there for the experience. Well, unless we see something interesting. :)
    Adam

29. damn...was doing branch vists for Citibank in 2006 up that way....made it up to Long Pong and the track ...from Philly....sure wanted to go up to Scanton but the rain pushed me back...saw some nice old cars and came to a understanding of east coast rust - and meet SOME REALLY REALLY NICE folks....they could tell by my draw I wasn't from around there....always asked about old car yards....sorry I missed this yard

30. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

damn, called up Friendship used autoparts in nj, asked for a price on 54 ford bumper just to see how their prices are. He didnt want to give me a price, just said to come on down...So i offered to see if 50 dollars would be in the ballpark. NOPE, he wanted 200 dollars!!! i bought a rechromed bumper for my 50 ford for 300 bucks! 200 dollars is close to scrap value of an entire car!