Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2013 Meltdown Drags thread, real vintage drag meet, July 20-21 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

there are showers at the track also.

2. You guys are leaning on me hard...lol Saxxon I already drink Blue, I'm only 30 minutes from the Canadian border. The shower thing at the track is good, now ya got me really thinking.

3. Saxxon

Saxxon

Don't think, it can only hurt the ball club
    Crash Davis

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  4. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Come on swade that way we can me up and talk gasser and I can thank you personal for the help on Cromers car.

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Swade....we are GIVING away a 38' fiat body, front and rear axle and steering kit to a registered racer, also an awesome roll around tool cabinet and floor jack....JUST for being a registered racer.....racing or not...you know you want to come check this out and see what it is all about....I can tell you this....around here this is a DO NOT MISS!! No joke..

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Some tech questions have come up......if your not sure if your car will pass please keep this in mind!!! #1 be safe, there is no award for putting the shiny side down on the pavement and dirty side up! NO ONE CARES HOW FAST your car is at the Meltdown...this is a reunion, re-creation, remembrance to how it used to be....people simply want to see these types of cars out on the track again racing cars that look like they did back in the day not a pro-street Camaro....and for one weekend they can. That being said your illegal front engine rail may be allowed to run.....you may not be able to run an 8 second pass...but you could certainly get it out there and make a half track blast....and let me tell you....that is more than anyone could ask for. So don't be afraid to dig something out of the shed, that is what this is all about getting old tin out into the light of day and if it runs making a pass. OR bring it down on a trailer if it does not run people want to see it!!!
    Our motto all along has been this...........run as fast or as slow as you want to. Make a half track pass, full track pass, or simply drive it down the track at 55mph for photo ops.....NO ONE is expecting an insane time from an outdated machine and no one cares...if you are coming to run hard and want to beat all the competition please go bracket race at your local track...this is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!

Just wanted any new guys to know that there are cars that run the full index all the way up to 20 seconds at the MD and WE LIKE that there are Hot Rods and street cars racing because that is the way it really was.....so come, be safe, and get ready for your mind to be blown those that have not yet attended!!!!

7. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

some of the koolest cars at the meltdown,,, are the slower cars,, HEY,,, WHATS THE TEST AND TUNE SESSION YOU SPEAK OF?

8. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I was hoping to have my car done for the Hunnert Heads Up to make some new car shake down runs, but because I'm a slacker I won't be running to test and tune my new car.
    Now I just hope to be able to run it up the road before the Meltdown. If all else fails I'll bring it untested like years past:D

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    July 20, 21 2013 at Byron Dragway Byron Ill.
    www.meltdowndrags.com

9. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

got it you were gonna use the headsup for a shakedown,,,we got a guy thats gonna be shaking down his 57 chevy wagon this friday,,,, for the headsup,,, but if we get rained out,,, it l be friday night of the headsup,,,, me and my kid are registered for the meltdown,,,,,#65 and 66 cant wait,

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

11. Is it 1/4 or 1/8 mi racing ?

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The night stalker 55 chevy has been 9.40s he runs 5.90s in the 1/8 but the hot weather will slow us down a little. I have not run mine in the 1/4 but it should be mid to low 9s

13. 1/4 mile track, and a very nice one at that, nicely prepped, well maintained and the whole facility is very clean.

14. Again with lettering paint that is still wet?

:D

15. Byron Raceway also has a relatively long (and uphill) shutdown area.

16. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

The open trailer helps dry the paint:D

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

17. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Here's Donovan Stott's little Anglia that Quain ws talking about. [​IMG]

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  18. Lucky3

Lucky3

Still looks good ! Built by Sam Woodard in Oklahoma. :D

19. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Is this awesome HJ coming...???

ALL race cars must be pre-registered...its FREE no reason to wait!!!

20. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

the anglia and the henry j are both really kool

21. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

Not sure if my AWB car will running yet. But if any of you want
    to race a 57 Ford with 6 and 4spd....... look me up when we are there.
    I'm guessing 18.s:eek:

22. Saxxon

Saxxon

You could have a line up of folks wanting to match up. Tons of 18 sec stuff. Some of which were cool as hell. There were a couple of lunatics in a 51(??) Chevy that smoked the hell out of the left rear in the burnout then smoked the hell out of the left rear on it's way to torrid 21 second passes. Both the driver and passenger had the fist pump and door bang going the whole time. I'll bet those guys made 20 passes

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Here is the waterslide decal for the Heads Up/Meltdown. Race at the Heads Up (this weekend!) and get the left side. Race again at the Meltdown and get the right side.

[​IMG]

24. I put my Go Pro in the back of Eric's car and forgot about it. It is a cool raw video. I love the chatter in the background.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eSVJ3BVsoAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

25. Pipe Dreams

Pipe Dreams
    from Michigan

Already registered and counting the days to the meltdown. Just wondering when the gates are opening to get in.

26. The HCHU was fantastic, the Czars did it again! Now I have to suffer thru a month and a half of life to get to the Meltdown...........Can not wait!

27. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

X2 on that Johnny Boy. !!
    This is/was a great time. I brought camera Saturday....but forgot
    the little card that goes inside ( sims card).

See ya at the Melt Down.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  28. Thats funny about the cameras, I made some dash cam videos and my camera focused on the wipers and everything else is blurred! Ill fix that before the MD!

29. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

with people showing up Friday, I dont think they really lock the gate. usually
    someone around. If you are coming in late Friday or Saturday with a car, check the gate because they cant lock people in.

If you are coming to watch, they will "open" at 8. that is the way I have seen in the past.

30. Pipe Dreams

Pipe Dreams
    from Michigan

thanks for the info. planning on arriving sometime friday. Just didn't want to arrive to a locked gate and no where to go until they did open.