Register now to get rid of these ads!

NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JT Apperson, May 16, 2013.

1. vert1940

vert1940

i am going for the first time....don't know why i haven't been before....something else always going on,i guess

2. vicksrods

vicksrods

great show indeed my dad and my son and I go every year its a fathers day weekend tradition with us. I agree on the golf cart thing to an extent we rented one for my dad last year cause he was about to have knee replacement surgery and could not have enjoyed the show without it. hes back mobile now so I guess I can save the $300.00 I spent on one last year. possum JR. be careful how you rant and rave you never know the reason for a lot of things. you know your my boy but dial it back bud.

3. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

HAMB friendly or not you do a great job of capturing the 70's Funny Car vibe. Thanks for dragging it all the way across the country.

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Sunscreen

We will be coming in on Wed. and leaving on Sun. We are trying to get my "RAGGED WAGON" on the road for it.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  5. We won Top Fuel there six times so yeah it's my favorite track!

Lol! It's also the coolest place to race and spectate, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

6. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

ImageUploadedByTJJ1368833056.703291.jpg

I'm ready! Look for us pushing of HUNT FAMILY FARMS again!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. captmullette

captmullette

the absolute best track ive ever been to.........hey guys look for the 49 Hudson that went to the last round last year and got runner up......stop by for a beer.....

8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Going Thursday hope to be there by noon or so!

9. The GizzleHopper gang will be there along with both of the Scorpion Cars and Bobby Malones Pony Fueler. All Texas based Cackle cars. See ya there

10. primed34

primed34

I plan on being there with the coupe again. Wouldn't miss it. Been to all of them at Bowling Green. Might be the best thing since sliced bread.

11. fanspete

fanspete

Yup, the WHDOW gang never misses this one. It's better than Bakersfield, and it was great!

12. We'll be there with the Lyndwood Welding Special, founder Pat Bibow to receive the Justice Bros Award. For more see Lyndwood Eliminators on facebook.

13. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Check out the La Quinta inn at 270-783-0083. That's where were staying. They still had rooms...JT

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

La Quinta is full up. Anyone know what La Quinta means? Next to Denny's.

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man I can't wait. I hope to be in my wagon. I will also have a few totes of 50s thru early 70s magazines with me for sale if any of you guys want to buy a few. P.M. me with the stuff you are looking for and I will bring it with me.

I have sold them in the Holiday Inn parking lot off of my tailgate before and last year I sold some in the campground. Please buy something as my project has eaten up all of my funds:)

16. 1968FED

1968FED
    from Goddard KS

We will be there for the first time. We are running in Jr. Fuel stop by and say hi!

17. duckman rob

duckman rob
    from NW Indiana

yes we'll be there wouldn't miss it!
    if your camping make sure you take a bike it makes it a little easier to get around.
    taking the 49 5 window pu pulling the 60' FAN canned hamb

18. Jamoke

Jamoke

Im bringing an m/t trailer hoping to fill it with a new ride

19. Poor Horatio

Poor Horatio
    from Mayberry

Ill be there wouldnt miss it.

20. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

i guess i'm going again...can't ever seem to get any traction on this track!...lol!

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i get to go this year....look for me and carlos in a rusty and white 59 el camino.and a new little friend. hopefully in my usual spot,on the corner..stop in say hi!!!if not the el camino,a rusty and white 52 chebby p.u.

22. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Counting the hours down!!!!! After this winter can come!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

What exactly goes on at this event? Is there a cars how attached to this event? Swap meet?
    Thanks Jay

24. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

yes

25. captmullette

captmullette

you cant see it all in 3 days......

26. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

its a show,old style drag racing in a really cool old school drag strip. swap meet.not the biggest by anymeans,but a lot of stuff you don't see at other events. the city LIKES having us there. always some old barnfind shows up. party at host hotel is a show itself,cackelfest,well you need to see it at least once.if your a car guy,this is a place for you.oh i forgot about the campgrounds!!!!!!!!!only downside is traffic.i have learned to adjust to this.
    just can't say enough about this event.went 2 years ago and it rained,and rained,and rained. still had a good time lol

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  27. D-man313

D-man313

Counting down the days!!!! Camping in the camper this year! Had a great time last year. Drag racing, swap meet, car show. The campgrounds at night is an experience in itself!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Is the car show one day or all three? I was thinking I just might have to make it. Might have to sleep in the car but just maybe???
    Jay

29. D-man313

D-man313

all three. its worth the trip. $30 a night to camp.

30. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

11 hour drive??? Hmmmmmm....
    Jay