Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures MAD FABRICATORS NOW AVAILABLE ANY TIME! ANYWHERE! with MFS ON DEMAND!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, May 28, 2013.

1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I have been waiting for this for over 3 years and now its finally available to the independent film maker with out all the hoopla of iTunes or any other company i've tried. Vimeo has opened a new door for me and you guys to allow me to upload my films and sell them directly online so you can watch it on your CPU, Tablet, Game Console, Apple Tv or smart phone for an year. Is this killing off DVD? well yes and no. I will have DVD's always available, but with this it allows me to upload special content like deleted scenes and builds etc. I'll most likely do smaller runs of DVD's for the future movies. This is a
    complete game changer for me and i'm sure other film makers. i'm really excited about this direction for a film maker that has to produce product on my own budget. The Cool thing it allow me to do series as well so its not hard to go film one thing one week, edit it the following week and post it immediately creating a series of shorts that you can purchase one by one or entire seasons.

There is still cost in going out and shooting this stuff and would greatly appreciate you guys spreading the word and supporting us film makers!! Really excited about this!!!

P.S. MAD FAB INVADES AU. AND VOLUME 6 ARE STILL UPLOADING AND WILL BE AVAILABLE TOMORROW!

Check it out www.madfabricators.com click MFS ON DEMAND BUTTON!

[​IMG]

2. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Yes! this is a brilliant idea

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

4. draider

draider
    from Texas

Is the content downloadable or only streaming?

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Steaming for now.. working on download..

6. autobilly

autobilly

Whereas I understand why you would go this route, for myself a DVD for the shelf is better. I may only re-watch a film once a year or so and with a DVD I can do this indefinitely. That said the instant availability is attractive. Good luck.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I too like a DVD but everything is changing and like everything else it becomes extinct.. They have TV's now with Wi-Fi out of the box.. so its all going that route... I'll still make DVD's but I have to look to what the next wave.. My new iMac didn't even have a disk drive..haahahaha

8. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

This is great.......and my friends can't borrow it and never return it:D

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Absolutely cool....you need a vacation for all that hard work?

10. autobilly

autobilly

Thinking about it, it costs about $8 to hire a new release DVD overnight, making $10 for a year a very good deal. Maybe I could do with less clutter on the shelf.

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Plus the new titles shot in Hi def will look 1000 times better cause its playing in hi def..!!!! DVD is still standard definition..

12. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I just got started!!!

I'll be in Australia for chopped so thats when I have a work / vacation :D

13. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

shouldnt this be in classifieds???

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ha!! dick... I forgot to mention theres an edit on volume 6 where Tim Suttons piece is spose to be. I replaced it with puppies running around a yard and colorful rainbows...

15. is this like the end of LPs??

Your coming down here again this year?

16. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Man if it was downloadable that would rock.

Best videos! Thanks for doing them, i will continue to purchase them in whatever form you offer!

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes most likely.. not official yet..

18. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

question for you...

If someone buys the streaming for a year and the download becomes available, will they have to purchase it again for download or will those who bought the streaming get the download too when it becomes available?

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Well heres how I wanted to do it and I've seen it done with other videos on demand.. I wanted to charge 1 price for streaming and one price for downloading but I can't figure out how to do it.. so until I figure it out i can only stream it..

So to answer your question... I don't know hahahah

The other thing is I have no control of giving refunds or credits or unlocking stuff thats all on Vimeo... I basically upload the videos and set the price and thats all they really let you do..

I would love to offer deals like buy 2 dvds and get the streaming for free but like I said they don't give you much access..

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

21. rockabillyred36

rockabillyred36
    from ohio

This seriously rocks. .. have about wore out a couple of your dvds...vol. 7 was outstanding

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

NOW DOWNLOAD FOREVER!!!! ONE LOW PRICE!!!

[​IMG]

Its the future people!!! GET WITH IT YOU DIG!!!!

23. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Unfortunatly DVD's are dieing and this is the next way..... I'm working on deleted scenes from Volume 6 gonna be up soon...

24. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW! .... technology is crazy, I guess I'll have to replace my wall crank phone one of these days.

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

26. The Chameleon

The Chameleon

That is sad because dvd's are still nice as you can watch them even when you can't get online, it would be funny to put all vids on flash drive but even then dvd becomes more playable most of the time.

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I get it.. But your downloading the file so you don't need internet. and you can easily burn it to DVD if you like.. When you watch it on your computer, game consol, TV via apple TV, Roku or on Ipad or smart phone your watching it in High Definition as its ment to be.. DVD is still standard definition meaning its been the same since TV was invented.. Theres no way (unless I do blue ray witch is dieing too) that I can put nice looking quality films on regular DVD. the Tv's are now so Hi Def when you put a Standard Def DVD in your Hi Def Tv it looks like poo...

Its like taking the Done Spencer roadster and having it painted a Earl Scheib.. hahah

I'll still make DVD's as long as I can afford to..

28. Cool stuf! You mean, If I buy the download I can watch them over & over and they won't wear out like dvd's? I have the full library...one is always playing in the shop.
    Thanks Piero.

29. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes Over and over till your computer emplods...hahahahaha