Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Thank You! :)

2. damnfingers

damnfingers

Any chance you can repost what you'd do? For some reason it doesn't show up or me.

3. Rikster

Rikster

Should work now.

4. could someone lower this down equally front and rear so the rear tire is tucked into the wheel well? thanks Matt

[​IMG]

5. n847

n847

Thanks Btrsweet...that looks cool! I think I want to see something with a more squared off rectangle shape with rounded corners?

6. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Any chance I could get the number "210" put onto my old race car?? Thanks!

[​IMG]

Similar to this style if at all possible...

[​IMG]

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are doing along overdue rebuild on our 49 ford coupe. Full redo. We would like a clever rodder to give us an idea on how it would look with a Kirk jones 60 starliner , gambino built custom blue and white lace paint . We were thinking panels and or big scallops. Go crazy please and have fun.

Attached Files:

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i might be bad at sizing pictures but can build hot rods

Attached Files:

9. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Like this?

[​IMG]
    31ModelAPU by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr

10. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

11. Kerry67

Kerry67

Thanks !

12. Yeah it´s not your car, but it was white!
    Here´s a layout based on May Cause Dangerous. You´ll have to imagine the lace pattern!
    I think it has a nice Watsonesque vibe. Hope you like.

[​IMG]

13. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I need a favor from someone who is more skilled with photo shop...

Can anyone put my truck in front of this sign?

Attached Files:

14. jabberwoki

jabberwoki
    from puyallup

These wheels on this truck and can you add white letter tires?
    Sorry about the wheel pics they are the only ones i could find.
    Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

15. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now we are talkin. Man that gives real food for thought, as its my wife's car her response , wow that's cool, so we are headed in the right direction.

UOTE=James D;8941315]Yeah it´s not your car, but it was white!
    Here´s a layout based on May Cause Dangerous. You´ll have to imagine the lace pattern!
    I think it has a nice Watsonesque vibe. Hope you like.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

16. Any one ever thought of customizing a middle aged jag sedan?
    Any ideas/visions on a sleeker roof chop, skirts?

Here is my poor attempt at a 1960 MK11 sedan, it doesn't flow all that well, the bulky rear lights and bumper don't help either.

Can anyone work some magic on this for me?

Attached Files:

17. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes it flows, but needs to in proportion , it looks like it needs a section job . Or easier a dark color top and light color lower to reduce bulk of the lower.

18. The later Daimler models of Mk2 had nice slim bumpers,so I started with one of those.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is only if you want to keep it as a four door. As a coupe, it works even better IMHO, if you want to get involved in the extra work. I kept the Jag typical roofline and used a small abck window, also as per most early Jags. I don´t think you could go much lower with the roof line without screwing up the proprtions.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  19. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Not a Photoshop yet related. John Fluevog's personal car.

[​IMG]

20. BRILLIANT James D!

Thanks for chopping and cleaning it up for me. I have always thought that these Jags/Daimlers were a little awkward up top and I have never been a fan of 'English' indicator and brake lights that sit in their own housing outside the body. Rear end tidy up like you have done is definitely in order and I can't believe those slim bumpers make such a difference!

The jag typical roof line works well, I did have a concern with keeping a stockish profile and then have it look like a 'lame lowered stock' roof (does that make sense?). I am surprised how good it looks I think the subtlety has a lot to do with it.

So the roof is pretty well just dropped a couple of inches at the A and B pillar. The C will obviously have to be re-worked. It also looks like the panel between the deck lid and the rear window is extended forward so the cabin/roof is shortened by cutting off the excess needed to make it lower.
    I'm just thinking out loud here.
    With the roof ending earlier in the rear it also gives the impression of the trunk/rear being longer and a little sleeker.

I'm still tossing up between the 2 and 4 door! I think the 2 door may be less work? My reasoning for that is to do with re-working a second set of doors, stainless moldings and glass.
    The 2 door helps the sleekness of the whole car and removes a lot of clutter from around the doors/window area.
    Door handles must stay, they are quite inconspicuous and elegant already.

I won't get going on the front end, I think it can just stay looking like a Jag!

The biggest question though.... is a 1960 Jag too new for this sort of style?
    If it were an early 50's car, sure chop it with skirts and white walls.

Am I trying to dress up a pig here? I don't think so but I'm biased.
    You guys rule, thanks again.

21. Thanks Tom.

These cars were unveiled in 1955 (the Mk1 at any rate) and seem to carry a fair bit of old fashioned styling baggage anyway, so I´d say it´s a legitimate target for the kustomising in this style. It still looks like a Jag - just nicer - and I think the trick is just to make something so sleek and good looking that even the restorers have to appreciate it.

I found a prototype body pic of the Mk1 which gives you an idea about a rear window treatment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I always felt the Mk1 was a slightly better looking car as it goes, and it would be worth copying things like the front indicator treatment, just to lose the stuck on wing top running lights (or whatever they are).

I was chewing it over this afternoon and I also came to the conclusion that the two door version may be easier to do - or at least, not harder. Trying to cut down even one set of those window frames and quarter lights will be bad enough, and you´ll lose all your rear headroom anyway, so why keep the four doors?

The roof is raked back a little btw. Here´s an overlayed comparison pic, which you could probably scale off, if you needed to.

[​IMG]

Traditional kustom? Perhaps not. But I think it would make a superb coachbuilt (with a K!) styled one off.

22. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

I've never liked jags but two doored, chopped and lowered works. James great work dude!!!!

23. `50 Spartanette

`50 Spartanette

can`t make up my mind :rolleyes:... mainly the wheel colors (black wheels/ss babymoons or red wheels/ss baby`s ??? :confused:)
    this is my project (1952 Diamond T medium duty truck)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(the grille bar support needs to be black, the ugly square turn signals are only temporary, the little 19.5er wheels will be replaced with larger 22.5 wheels and the aluminum sleeper body will eventually be polished)

here is a crude photoshop i made of the cab color i have in mind (but i`m open to other suggestions):

[​IMG]

so if somebody (with more talent than i have) feels like rendering my truck into that color
    (with larger wheels and black or red rims), i would highly appreciate it ;)

24. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

could a toothed grill work on that MK1 front? just an idea?

25. Thanks James, that overlay photo is helpful. I can better picture where and how the original roof has moved.
    I was looking a the old fella's head in the chopped 4 door photo and thinking 'that doesn't look too cramped' but didn't even think about headroom in the back seat! That has solidly justified a 2 door conversion.

The good thing is that I don't own a mk1 or mk2 jaguar. This idea has always been in my head and recently I've been seriously thinking about getting hold of one to play around with.
    I agree that mk1's are a cleaner car and have a nicer rear window and grill but from what I can determine they are very similar cars.
    The mk 1 is starting to look like a better fit for customizing since it is a little cleaner from the beginning.
    Here are some comparison photos. mk1 on the left mk2 on the right.

Attached Files:

26. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

someone, make me cool...

Attached Files:

27. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Please? anyone?

28. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

[​IMG]can someone,chop,change wheels and go fenderless.

29. Come back Btrsweet!
    What´s the problem fella?

30. I´ve hardly ever seen a Mk1 in the flesh, but it does look like a better base.
    Are these cars still affordable over there? They got horribly expensive in the UK for a while, though that bubble burst fortunately. Rust buckets too! That´s probably less of an issue where you are.