Register now to get rid of these ads!

ever strech the meaning of STOCK in a race?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boo, May 26, 2013.

1. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

had my old raged 29 phaeton at a hill climb. a friend talked me into intering it, eng looked stock, i intered in stock class even passed teck inspection. iguess the model b carb& intake vere ok, what was hid, snyder hi com head, B cam ,1-1/2'' stnless int valves,.125 ovr bore, balanced crank, balanced eng & flywheel, incert berings, 25 pounds off fly wheel, V-8 clutch & pre. plate, 6:00 16 wheels. won my class quite a bit, another guy w/29 phaeton came over and said, how the hell did you beat me, i know i' am cheating. mum's the word.....

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Congrats on being a proud cheater. I think you are a loser,not a winner at all.

3. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

the real crime here is no pics.

4. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Cheaters are the lowest form of life.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

There are hills in FL?

6. Yep. You beat a bunch of guys playing fair, congrats.:cool:

7. newrider3

newrider3

If this were a thread about Smokey Yunick and his racing exploits and stories about him stretching the rules, all of you would be grovelling. :rolleyes:

8. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

streaching the rules in racing has always happened, NASCAR is best example, smoky unick was the champ, thats why they tear down the winners.

9. Beating a guy who played by the rules when you didnt, is hardly a win.

The only thing you beat was the tech inspection, PERIOD.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like you have a future in politics. Bob

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Anyone who has raced has "pushed the limits of legality" at one time or another. :p You guys are right about Smokey, he was the best at gaining a bit of advantage over his competition.

Don

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Did you really win? In the long run.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. 63comet

63comet

You fucked up and announced it on a public forum! Now your competition knows!

14. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Hey

Smokey did a lot of rule bending, but not engine (as much as everything else B-)).

If you did it between you and the guy you race with, if everybody tweeks it's only self defense. If you are the only one, come clean, bump to another class and win proudly.

A No-name Danish racer is bin quoted for say after he lost his first race in a looooog time, That guy is cheating. When the official asked him got solid proff, he went; Because I am, and he Beat by a far!

Choose how you wanba do it, it is you who gets remembered for be what you are/was/did.

15. there is a difference in cheating and reading between the lines and doing anything to gain an advantage if it's not stated that it is not allowed then it's not cheating

16. Matt_

Matt_

It appears you cheated in English class too...

17. Fenders

Fenders

Someone said - It's only cheating if you get caught.

18. when it's written not allowed it means your not allowed and if you do your cheating

19. Truckedup

Truckedup

Re: ever strech the meaning of STOCK in a race?...........yes,I did a lot of street racing ....Potential opponent is looking at an off topic plain Muscle Car... "What cha got?" "Uh, 318 2 barrel" Then his buddy says it's a 4 speed with a Dana 60.." You gotta a a big wedge or a Hemi" " "Uh,I don't think so".......

20. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

stretching the rules is indeed traditional and has been since the first race, end of story.

21. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

And "stock to the eye" leaves a lot of options.

Tech guy says legal, it's legal.. Thats racing..

A former IHRA-NHRA tech man..:D

22. k9racer

k9racer

At a local dirt circle track{{ Molton Speedway}} several weeks ago the whole field 10 cars were D Q ed.. several bitched to much so they checked all the cars.. All were illegal on visual...................................................................................... As far as cheating in racing goes most every one does so to some extent...The 2 best circle tracks I raced on had two rules "" one carburator 4 barrell allowed. and a tire width. Not much to check. ..................................As far as talking my Lawyer has a Big Mouth Bass mounted on his wall,, Below it was is a caption that said >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "" If he had kept his mouth closed he would have NOT been caught either ""

23. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

Rule books can't cover everything so they always have a disclaimer in them. Which says " IF IT DOESN'T SAY YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN'T" Plus Officials decisions are final.

24. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

Isnt racing about stretching the rules? No tear down who cares. If no one else thought to do i lt there fault. Congrats on your win. Next time should be harder

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. we raced at 3 dirt tracks sat night sunday afternoon and sunday night with the same rules we raced one afternoon temp hot and humid everyone was having heating problems except us the tech inspector from the sunday night track was standing next to me as we refilled the tank with methanol he stated it was illegal i showed him the rule book and under fuel there was nothing listed. he said by the night race we had to run gas and everyone going through the gate got a memo with a correction to an oversight in the rules.

26. indyjps

indyjps

If you entered by chance and didn't really give a shit, i'd of passed on the trophy. I've done it a small town car shows, I don't want a damn trophy to lug around, it actually meant something to the gold chainer who came in second

27. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Was thinking hell yes I've stretched the meaning of stock in grudge or street racing, but in organized racing lying is straight up cheating. If u had exploited grey areas I'd say more power to you. But not the case here

28. bcr466

bcr466

In round track racing, there are only two classes, cheaters and losers! To the op, I dont know if yours was cheating or not when the competition admitted he was cheating too!

29. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Cheating Never!

Innovation all the time.

How do you think auto racing has advanced so much. People are doing things that have never been done before.

30. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

What was the prize?..If it was just a little plastic trophy, I wouldnt worry about it