Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Gene (Moonlighter) Cromer's A/G Willys Resurrection

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Quain Stott, Aug 31, 2012.

1. 55 gasser pickup

55 gasser pickup
    from utah

Is there some video of the racing action.please be some.

2. my1971buick

my1971buick

Wow, Goosebumbs crawled up my arm as they cranked the Moonlighter and he led all the Gassers down the track at Greer. It was an honor to be a part of this project and meet Gene and his family. It was amazing to see some of the First generation of racers at Greer with a new Generation watching and enjoying the race. Beautiful work by all who participated on the build. Stunning pictures and everything went smoothy and as planned. Loved seeing the racers jerk them gears picking up the front wheels through each one and motoring down that asphalt. I had a great time and cant wait to see yall again. Great to put some faces with some names on here and pass out some killer posters to ya. I have over 30 new shirt orders for my black tshirts so if you want to get in on this order and didnt already speak to me saturday, I can take your order till Tuesday so i can get the screen printer going on these. Message me at [email protected] for prices and information (dont want to junk up the build thread)

Any who, here is a link to Roger N Richards photography from the show this weekend. Some great images! All the best,
    Cassandra

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-race/gallery-2013/gallery-2013/misc-and-testing/nostalgia-gassers-return-to-greer-dragway

3. Quain,That will teach me to listen to Melvin! :D

BTW,you have been outbid on the auction. HRP

4. hr racecar

hr racecar
    from Comer, GA

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Tell your Wife that I have now watched all of the videos, and THANK her for doing these.

6. Thank you for taking the time to upload this,, HRP

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zGOa9CNwtL8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. hr racecar

hr racecar
    from Comer, GA

What is in that video is what it is ALL about. The last time I saw him go down the track I was in the 3rd. grade. Now I am a senior citizen. You also notice who is right behind him just incase. They are two very outstanding men...........Toni

8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. nicky64chevy

nicky64chevy

Looks like a great time. Wish I could have been there. I watched all the video's and they were great. I hope Gene brings The Moonlighter to Knoxville next month so I can see it in person.

10. nicky64chevy

nicky64chevy

Does anyone know anything about the blue 55. It look's like the one my uncle had in the 70's.

11. OldColt

OldColt

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

Steve,
    Thanks for posting the link to the Newspaper write up. There pictures and the video are truly awesome.

13. xracer40

xracer40

This is just to cool for words.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. hr racecar

hr racecar
    from Comer, GA

15. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Wow what a great day!! saw a lot of old friends and made a few new ones. It was really cool seeing Gene being honored with the return of The Moonlighter. Here are a few shots I took Saturday. Thanks to everyone who came out or helped make this happen!
    Daron

Gene and some of his helpers
    [​IMG]

Gene's daughters taking the car cover off
    [​IMG]

Debriefing
    [​IMG]

The Moonlighter standing tall!
    [​IMG]

Melvin!
    [​IMG]

Quain telling Gene he couldn't romp on it
    [​IMG]

Fans
    [​IMG]

Details
    [​IMG]

Family
    [​IMG]

Gene and Quain
    [​IMG]

Gasser action
    [​IMG]

Tuning Bad Company
    [​IMG]

Start up
    [​IMG]

Servicing The Boneshaker
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Beautiful pictures! If you have more , please post 'em!

17. 55 gasser pickup

55 gasser pickup
    from utah

Thank you thank you thank you for the video's.Man i wish i could make it to that event.Congrats to everybody that had a hand in this.:D

18. guys and gals, Thanks for the video's and pictures. They were great. Sad part is they make me wish I would have made the drive. Looks like it was a great day for the Cromer family and everyone involved.

19. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  20. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Watching this video and looking back on what has been accomplished must be making my allergies flare up. I have to keep clearing my throat and my eyes are watering really bad.;) If this thread hasn't stirred up some emotion in you then you need to get a emotion check-up.

21. OldColt

OldColt

This video is great, but it only touches on the highlights in 5 minutes. Add in all the story details, and some near future race action, and you have the makings for a great DVD in my opinion (hint hint). --- Steve ---

22. I really enjoyed playing a small part in this project and meeting some incredibly talented people in the process.

I have known a lot of the guys from around the Anderson area involved in the resurrection of The Moonlighter for many years and have made a lot of new friends during the process.

Many of us watched Gene as young people and He & The Moonlighter became our hometown hero..and to us he still is.

I can't thank Quain enough for all the time he put in just convincing Gene to allow him the privilege to bring The Moonlighter back to it's former glory not to mention all his hard work.

I often reply to questions about my wifes wagon as a labor of love,,,The Moonlighter as been just that! HRP

23. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Truly awesome and inspiring as well... Seeing the field of gassers reminds me of how bad I want to see this type of 60's drag racing in my area! Practically non existent! Congrats to Gene, his family, Quain Stott and everyone involved in making this dream come true!! :D

24. AMEN to That

25. my1971buick

my1971buick

For those of you that didn't get a poster, I ordered more. Gene will have some of his at his house for sale hopefully by the end of the week Ooooo signed by Gene would be awesome right!!!???? :D $2 per poster. If you need some shipped I can do all that! Ill check on the tube prices tomorrow when they are open. 11x17 posters on glossy thin cardstock. Gene will have some to sell when he goes to the car show too. Thanks!Cassandra [email protected]

Attached Files:

26. Great looking poster,, HRP

[​IMG]

27. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

I need a couple of posters !! Plaese contact me. THANKS Chris

28. dirt42

dirt42

Been out racing this weekend and it took me more than an hour to get caught up to date. Again outstanding work by all involved.

29. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

WOW !!!! What a build and story...Awesome...;)

30. An Old School Gasser needs an Old School portrait...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    Lerenzo Rawson and kidcampbell71 like this.