Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Where to find that perfect project truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MichaelDagenais, May 25, 2013.

1. MichaelDagenais

MichaelDagenais

Hello,
    I am a new member from Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. I have been looking for a while for a 30's tudor or truck and have never had luck. Being that I live in Ontario what is here usually has bad rot, or a lot of patches. I am hoping some of you southern guys can lead me into the right direction on how to find a project 1932-1938 tudor/truck. I am looking for something that needs a complete restoration, but still having a complete body and a rot free frame. I hope you guys have some idea's!

Mike

2. how about checking the classifieds here?

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

now...why didn't I think of that? :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. MichaelDagenais

MichaelDagenais

I have looked through classifieds on here but I am sure that you guys know of some junk yards and/or other classifieds that we don't have here

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

If you can't find what you're looking for in the For Sale classifieds here....post a Wanted ad in the classifieds here. You can also scour eBay, there are usually lots of cool project cars and trucks there. Craigslist too.

6. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

Buy a pair of binoculars and hit the back roads out in the country side, that's where I usually find stuff. Behind barns, along fence rows

7. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Search craigs list in AZ, NM, CO, ND SD and UT. Generally dry climates, no salt on the roads mean rust free bodies. Use www.searchtempest.com.

Good luck

Chriz

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also check the Craigslist or other similar online sources in the dryer provinces west of you. Just as guys in the states often have to buy cars or parts hundreds of miles from home it should work for Guys north of the border. Find one and take a vacation road trip to go after it.
    "Hey honey, we are going to take a vacation trip to Alberta this summer" we are going to take the pickup and a trailer tough rather than your sporty sedan. And yes you can spend a day at the mall in Calgary". "that's after we take some side roads to a little town where I'm picking up a car to build my new hot rod out of though.".

Or I might add that heading to a big swap meet prepared to buy and haul back a project car might be an option.

You have to get out and make an effort as it doesn't help to sit and whine because you can't find anything within ten miles of home.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  9. I agree. Check out kijiji, craigslist, and other sites for sellers in dry states and provinces. A short road trip, and you'll be months to years ahead of the game when it comes to repairing rusty metal.

10. jtbloye

jtbloye

hey there is a 1949 chev 1/2 ton on HWY 11 south of Orillia ONT $2500 looks good all there check it out

11. Do you know how long I've had some of these frigging ads running either here or on eBay? If you can't find exactly what you're looking for within 7 days, either you have an unrealistic expectation of the buy-in price, or you just don't want it that bad.

12. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Chriz, Utah does use salt on their roads, but Wyoming does not.

13. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

14. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am in Toronto, and found most of my cars through ads on kijiji, or on here. Do a search for all of ontario at least, and I personally would look out west.

The vehicles in Manitoba, Sask. and Alberta are usually much cheaper and much less rust. You will be money ahead you have them shipped here because of a lot less metal work needed. You may luck into something, as I have a few times, but that usually means really watching kijiji and craigslist.

15. hoodprop

hoodprop

check craigslist in michigan detriot or flint saw one for 7000 runing and driving.