Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pure unadulterated old skool HAMB...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, May 24, 2013.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

YES. I've been going through all the old threads lately trying to find the good stuff but couldn't figure out how to get to the beginning (as in before 2004..) Thanks, Sam!

2. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Very cool, i found my profile when i only had 9 posts

Oddly though i was user #2974 back then, now i'm #1350

Shit i only had 2 old cars back then too!!!

Last edited: May 24, 2013

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

2001 was the new HAMB. How do we view our posts in 1998 and 99?

5. slammed

slammed

33 pages like the spinal cord and freemason numbers.

6. Readingthrough that shows how minimalist the board was then. Kind of like your favorite band before they got all polished and could afford better equipment.

BTW, back then it took me a month to realize what that hot link was on the editorial page!

7. I remember those days on the HAMB well. I had a whopping 163 posts at the time. In looking through them I have to admit that finding this one made me laugh out loud!

Attached Files:

• Sam.jpg
      Sam.jpg
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
  8. What's funny is that I was doing a wishbone tech back then... and just did another one recently. Over ten years apart still the same blah, blah, blah!

Hahaha!

Sam

9. Yeah Sam,some of the Hamb's past is better forgotten......
    Seems for the most part,We are a better place now.

10. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

What a contrast in topics. OT is the new norm now.

I know this is OT but.....
    RIP....
    RIP...

11. Rocket Scientist Chris

Rocket Scientist Chris
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, that was a pretty rough place. Kind of like Junior High School! :eek: I guess we have all grown up a bit. :)

12. What is even funnier is that Charlie Price was screwing people and getting threads devoted to him back then!:D:eek:

And then I find Charlie posting here today. Thread from 2006, at least his delivery is consistant! ;)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116263

13. Hehehe, 1 month before I joined. 12 years addicted to the HAMB and I'm still an idiot.

14. I still have a crush on Rocket Scientist Chris

(don't tell her) :D

15. Our first BTT50s get together thread is in that bunch. Met a ton of folks that weekend.

16. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Goddamnit I miss that time... I was just flipping through Hop Up #3 last night, too... fuckin' 2001's got me by the balls!

17. Hell, I didn't even own a computer until 2004....lol

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Huh...An' I thought THESE were the good ol' days...

19. The lastest post I could see was from 3-11-02... I was a lurker until 12/11/02.

Some classic Nads and Germ back then.

20. I lurked back then but was a car-less college student so I didn't feel like I 'belonged', and from the looks of how they treated the newbs, I just read instead of posting.

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow. Back when it was just traditional hot rods and customs.:D And what's up with lurking and affraid to post?

22. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Ahhhh, the mammaries! :D

23. Abomination

Abomination

ROFLMAO! :eek:

That just made my day!!! :D:D:D

~Jason

24. Oh shit... :D

What iz ur DREAM RIDE????

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="640"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#DEDFDF"><td valign="top" width="18%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]HotRodAngel[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial]HAMB Member [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Posts: 82
    [/FONT]
    </td> <td> [​IMG] [FONT=Verdana, Arial]posted 04-15-2001 04:36 PM [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <acronym title="Click to send this user an Instant Message">[​IMG]</acronym> [​IMG] [​IMG] [/FONT]<hr>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]TextTextSup dudes and dudettes? I'm new here. Feel free to send me messages or check out my website. So, letz get to da point--What is ur DREAM RIDE? Mine would be a metallic black KUSTUM '49 Mercury, chopped, dropped, pink and purple ghost flames, pink leather interior, V8, AC, AT, CD player, black fuzzy dice in da' rearview, license plate sayin NTIMID8R. Laterz, God bless![/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

25. Zeke

Zeke

Because that was when FNGs got a real hazing if you didn't intro, came across as a dumbass or just for the hell of it most of the time :eek:

26. Cause in the online car world the Hamb has a "not so nice" reputation on how it welcomes new members :D

Of course, its the ones that dont bother to READ any of the rules that whine the loudest on "those" forums :cool:

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width=640><TBODY><TR bgColor=#dedfdf><TD vAlign=top width="18%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]burndupcrx[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial]HAMB Member Posts: 829
    [/FONT]
    </TD><TD>[​IMG] [FONT=Verdana, Arial]posted 02-19-2003 01:18 AM [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] <ACRONYM title="Click to send this user an Instant Message">[​IMG]</ACRONYM> [​IMG] [​IMG] [/FONT]<HR>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]WTF is up with all these apologetic newbie posts lately? Sheeyut, take it like a man, and quit bitching! Faaaawk, is there a table by the door thats has a big 'ol box full of tampax and midol in it?
    Sheeeit, enough already!
    And hey, while I'm here, welcome new dude! If ya got any freinds that are gonna show up here, just let 'em know about the intro thing ahead of time, k? Later,
    J
    ------------------
    DOWN WITH FRANCE!!!
    [/FONT]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yea, I see what you mean.:D

28. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

29. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

that was actually pretty mild....

btw, i can picture Burndup's avitar right now,,,i belive its burned into my brain,,,,

here it is..haha

[​IMG]