Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Nobey

Nobey

Ron, was the photographer casting the shadow in the first shot your Mom???
    Thanks for posting more pics.

Hapydz likes this.
  2. I was wondering if anyone would pick that out. You have a good eye !!!
    Yes, that would be her shadow and thanks for asking....Ron

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    oliver westlund likes this.
  3. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Wow thats great man ive been lookin for my first car a 59 chevy biscayne
    no luck ,,hold on to it !

Hapydz likes this.
  4. rottenrods

rottenrods

Man what a great story, pictures , the whole deal. Im very happy for you, this is exactly why I look on the h.a.m.b.!

Hapydz likes this.
  5. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Absolutely the best post in a long time. Hang on to her this time. I was 16 in 1957 and my father purchased me a 1953 Chevrolet which I traded for a 32 coupe later on. I wish I could locate it but it's long gone. Keep us posted on your progress and please, some more of those neat collages.

Hapydz likes this.
  6. bonesy

bonesy

That is an absolutely awesome story.

Congratulations on turning 16 all over again!

Hapydz likes this.
  7. jimbanner

jimbanner

Great story Ron, thanks for sharing it!!!

Hapydz likes this.
  8. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

WOW!! Congrats Ron! not too many people are as blessed as you to have been able to locate thier first car after many years, I know for a fact when you sat in this car again you had to flash back to 16yrs old? what an awesome story congrats to you on your first car / last car!!

Hapydz likes this.
  9. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

What a great story!!! I often think about my first car!!! I wonder where it is now?

Hapydz likes this.
  10. Goldy

Goldy

Awesome story !! Congrats on your Barn Find of your own car, that is waaye Cool. I have my childhood hot rod too but I had to keep it all these years to acomplish that feat. Actually, now it is in the care of my sons. Keep it forever and hand it down to your offspring, they might just cherish it like you do.

Hapydz likes this.
  11. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Don't waste years restoring it or rodding it. Get it running and drive it. Maybe make some changes back to the way it was but don't pull it apart. Drive it and live it. It looks like it could be on the road after a few weeks reconditioning.
    I'm very happy for you.
    Ed

Hapydz likes this.
  12. cakes

cakes

This is too cool, always good to see people reunited with cars from their past, much less their first and a deuce at that, have fun!!!

Hapydz likes this.
  13. kismyss

kismyss

You are so lucky to get that old girl back in one piece. Lucky no one ruined it before you got to it. Congrats

Hapydz likes this.
  14. 32 tranny.jpg A photo of the tranny to Chev small block set-up. It's a '47 Ford tranny hooked the small block with an Offenhauser adaptor plate. The Shifter is a "Drag Fast" floor shifter. I doubt very much, that this will remain as is...:eek:
    Ron

oliver westlund and ct1932ford like this.
  15. Ron,
    Really enjoyed reading the story and seeing the pictures.....very cool indeed
    Thanks for taking the time to share with us

Hapydz likes this.
  16. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

But you're not going to fix the dent in the passenger door. She had that the whole time.

Twitter @edsrodshop

Hapydz likes this.
  17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Epic story! Can't think of a better place for your '32 than back home with you again!

Hapydz likes this.
  18. 1st 32 2.jpg Thanks again for the kind comments !!!
    The friend in the story, that told me where the '32 was stopped by the house this morning for a short visit. He told me that the fellow who bought the car from the lot that I traded it in at, will be in town at the end of June ( I actually went to high school with him). He also told me that the fellow that was in partnership with the husband of the lady that sold me the car the other day, is a good friend of his. This means that I will be able to fill in the blanks from when I traded it in on the '40 coupe when I was 17, such as , where did the fenders and running board from the drivers side go. Lots of little bits of missing info that would be "nice" to know. The story just keeps getting better and better...:)
    Thanks again,
    Ron

19. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Ron seeing what you did with your track roadster, this should be one beautiful deuce. I look forward to seeing what you do with it

Hapydz likes this.
  20. 3339129795.jpg
    Thanks for your encouragement. I will try to live up to the Hot Rodders Hippocratic Oath... " Above all, I will do no harm. " :D

Here is a photo of my last project that is referred to....
    Ron

Tman and JP55 like this.
  21. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Wow, just an incredible story and awesome car! I really can't add to what everyone here has already said but best to you and yours and enjoy that car!

Hapydz likes this.
  22. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

Big Thank You!

Hapydz likes this.
  23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I had been wanting to see the roadster in the flesh for a long while, finally got to see it in Detroit...pictures do it no justice. A 32 coupe couldnt be in better hands.

Hapydz likes this.
  24. Amazing story. You are a very lucky guy.

Hapydz likes this.
  25. 303113_10200825813471516_695044619_n.jpg
    If anyone wants to contact Chip Foose to see if he wants to use it as a subject on Over Haulin', you can tell him that this is the look that really turns my crank....:D
    Ron (aka Lucky)

26. greaser

greaser

I believe most everyones crank would be turnin'. Thats a cool HOT ROD!

Hapydz likes this.
  27. Sorry to read of the tragedy that befell her son, but in terms of having your car coming home to you-couldn't happen to a nicer Canuck.

If the roadster was your 'masterpiece'...what shall the coupe be ? Your 'Magnum Opus' Sir? ;)

Hapydz likes this.
  28. Your comment regarding the tragedy is very thoughtful Mark ! Thanks for including it !!!
    I referred to the roadster as my thesis as I tried to make it my best shot at building a hot rod. Regarding "Magnum Opus" (I had to Google it... LOL) I don't know about that but I will try to make it better than the last one. After all , isn't that what we are supposed to do....?
    You are way too kind regarding my Canadian status but thanks, my good friend :) !!!
    Ron

29. MotorVillain

MotorVillain

Fantastic story, wonderful to read, congrats! please post pics as you tweak it to your liking!

Hapydz likes this.
  30. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Time Machine?
    Dust it off, get all the mechanical in good shape & Go Cruisin'!

It looks like it still smells like it did back in the day...?

Very Cool story!
    Tommy

Hapydz likes this.