Register now to get rid of these ads!

got an airride question for galaxie owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by helton66, May 23, 2013.

1. helton66

helton66
    from tampa, fl

hey everybody what's up , I recently did an air ride setup on my 64 mercury montclair marauder 4 door.

Can you guys tell me which pressure switch you are running?

I have 1 viair 444c a 5 gallon tank 3/8 valves in rear t'ed and 1/2 inch fast valves independent front it was t'ed and did not like the way it came up so I added more line and one more switch. It just seems like the compressor is always running takes a lot longer than it says on the stats. no leaks , at least that I have found. I just wanted to see what pressure switch was being used by the rest of you guys thanks , I will be posting a build thread when I move the pics to photobucket.

2. Dirty54

Dirty54

ok first your question has nothing to do with galaxie owners is a basic airride question. second that 444c compressor is usually sold in a dual back meaning you would have two of them for a 5 gallon tank you could have them shut off at 175 or they are rated up to 200 psi. all depends how much air pressure you want to run. i myself would cut them off at 175 to give them alittle break and not work them to there max. But the problem u are facing is due to the fact that you are only running one comp, thats why your fill times are so slow.

http://www.viaircorp.com/OnRoad/dual444c.html

3. Dirty54

Dirty54

also with a big car like that on a 5 gallon tank your probably only gunna get one lift and then your comp is gunna kick on

4. knoxbrendon

knoxbrendon

I personally hate electric comp if I were u id do a edc using a York a/c comp then u could easily run 200psi and the fill times are crazy fast. There are a ton of info on the net to do the conversion and its pretty cheap to

5. pride63

pride63

I run 2 comps @ 175 psi cut off , 5 gallon tank and only get on lift. I run the ridetech shockwaves but need extra damping on 63 galaxie. Do you have any pics and info on your front damper type and position please

6. Dirty54

Dirty54

yes if you have the room for it thats the best option for fast fill . people sell them all ready converted also

7. sobpunx

sobpunx

I have a york, it is crazy fast 0 to 150 psi is 20 seconds.

8. helton66

helton66
    from tampa, fl

wow thanks everybody , i was being specific on the galaxie because i was not sure if the weight of it had anything to do with enough pressure needed to fill the bags , i am just not wanting to blow through the compressor. I may just convert my old a/c to use to fill it, not quite sure yet. I am not trying to play up and down all day just use it to lift and drive. I just know that the 200 psi one was wrong but thats what the local guy sold me and I trusted him.

9. pride63

pride63

Have you got any pics of damper position please?

10. helton66

helton66
    from tampa, fl

Not sure what you mean by damper position but I will take one with it aired out or dumped i think that is what you mean?

11. pride63

pride63

I just want an idea of where on the front arms to mount the dampers and what the open and closed lengths are . Thanks

I am currently in process of modifying a valve 850 air con pump to fit instead of the electric compressors . Just thought I would let you know. Pics on my link