Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Chevy gasser....Fab pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Nov 10, 2006.

1. stewartwhite

stewartwhite

2. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hi Wanda, thanks for the kind words! Hi to Larry. Vic

3. CalGasser

CalGasser

Paco - thanks, your ride looks bitchin' too! The tach is Sun Pro (repop) but like you say, looks vintage.

4. CalGasser

CalGasser

The expanded metal strips and tilt mechanism were made by Kiwi Kev - a very nice job and functional - trick looking too!

5. CalGasser

CalGasser

Yes Eagle Field is an old abandoned WWII airfield that's 1/8th mile with flag man and all, very nostalgic! I'll be driving so won't be able to take any videos... hope someone does though. I won't be trying to be competitive but rather just get a feel for the car and learn its manners plus get my rocks off...:D.

6. CalGasser

CalGasser

Rick, attended my first cruise tonight with the 55. It's always fun going with a new car, lots of attention which was nice. It only has a temporary engine for the time being and will go blown later on. Vic

Attached Files:

• 55-2.jpg
      55-2.jpg
      File size:
      370.5 KB
      Views:
    • 55-1.jpg
      55-1.jpg
      File size:
      417.5 KB
      Views:
  7. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Thanks Vic,

I'm going for the barn find/vintage super stock look.

I've done a few things since the pix - like correct 4" cragar SS wheels on the front & 7" steels on the back. The interior is getting new black rubber mat instead of carpet + one of those tachs!!

Thanks for the info & as I mentioned B4 - your car is bitch'n.

Wish I lived closer.

Paul

8. CalGasser

CalGasser

Eagle Field was a blast! Kiwi Kev, Ara Bedrosian and I caravanned there on Friday, a 5+ hour tow. The 55 handled very well and nothing fell off the car, thanks to Kev's fab skills ...:D 3rd gear burnout @ 6,000 rpm was awesome, car just sat in the water box until I released the line loc - no issues. Here're a couple of pix Kev took when I was on the line. Traction was a bit soft but I wasn't there to break any records, just some shake down passes. It's an abandoned WWII airfield so it was basically like a parking lot. It is great to know the car handles well. As an added bonus, it was awarded the Gasser pick.:cool: Vic

Attached Files:

• EF12.jpg
      EF12.jpg
      File size:
      350.6 KB
      Views:
    • EF13.jpg
      EF13.jpg
      File size:
      276.7 KB
      Views:
  9. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

10. Rich427

Rich427

Thats a very wicked 55!

11. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

as usual when i see something kev's created...all i can say is wow...

still trying to get things together so i can be out there for the big party on labor day!

12. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Car is looking great Vic!!

Kevin did some nice fab work too. It was great to see it run at Eagles Field going to be neat to see it with a blower..

Aaron

13. dblgun

dblgun

Looks great Vic, bet it's a super feeling to get to finally cruise the car.

14. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks guys, it feels real good to finally run it down a track! It runs very cool, not once over 160 degrees, even though ran a bit lean at full throttle - maybe the engine's so tired? :confused: It runs so cool I may just have fun with it for awhile. Another pic at staging with Kiwi Kev in front of me. Vic

Attached Files:

• EF1.jpg
      EF1.jpg
      File size:
      263.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Spork!

Spork!

Saw your car at Morro Bay a couple weeks ago. Looked for you to say hi but couldn't find you. Didn't have a lot of time as I was hauling my "new" 63.5 Galaxie back home from the Bay Area. Car looked good!

Attached Files:

16. 55Belairman

55Belairman

Great car Vic. The stance is perfect. Sounds like you are having a blast with it.

17. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Way kewl Vic. I'll B at the track in July. Pix then!!!

18. CalGasser

CalGasser

Spork - sorry I missed you and your '63 1/2 at MB. Looks like you came by on Sunday, about only 1/3 of cars were there compared to Saturday.

55Belair - thanks for kind words. Yes, it's fun especially if it's trouble free and has good road manners.

19. CalGasser

CalGasser

Organgrinder - yes, Kev is quite the craftsman! Neat thing is he doesn't have any high tech tools, just good ol hand tools and ingenunity! Shows what determination and the will to work can do...

Savage & dblgun - thanks for the kind words. Yes it is quite the feeling to create something and see it come to fruition. Its good manners on the street & strip don't hurt either! I was wondering how the old style lift bars with floaters was going to work - it works great! ;) Vic

20. CalGasser

CalGasser

Rich - thanks, having the looks is important to me. It's the 55 I couldn't have in my younger days in Hawaii. There were some strict (stupid) law parameters that our cars had to fall within. A car like this on the street would get it impounded. In the 60's, I wished my 55 could've looked like this and be streetable - but 50 years later, I have it.:p Vic

21. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

ya i was at his place last month. no words...just walked around with my mouth hung open! there's no where that something is not hanging..lol. the sections from the chopped tops was the coolest and then there was...and on and on! and then there's kev...absolutely the coolest! i'm gonna try to make the big party this labor day!!!

22. CalGasser

CalGasser

Yes, Kev definitely have a lot of stuff! Imagine he came from New Zealand with only a couple of suitcases...:eek: The Labor Day party is fun with lots of people and cars lining up all around his house. He roasts a pig with fixings - get there early as they run out of food sometimes, pending on how many people show. I used to attend but starting going to another show (actually 2) that same weekend up north. Enjoy!:cool:

23. OldiesSpeedShop

OldiesSpeedShop
    from Ventura Ca

24. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Vic. The 55 came out great ! Don't know how/why I missed this, but it sure looks good finished. Hope your driving the wheels right off it.
    Baron
    [​IMG]

25. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Baron, thanks for the kind words. Still working on it, having upholstery done next but having fun. Vic

26. Butch M

Butch M

Hey Vic the 55 is way way cool are you guys going to the HAMB Drags that would be real cool if you did

27. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Butch, would love to but that's too far for me to travel at this time. Thanks for the invite tho. Vic

28. CalGasser

CalGasser

Just had the upsholstery done in 3" squares like one of my cars in the past. I dig this design as it gives the office a nostalgic and "business" look. Not sure what I'll do with the roof yet. What'a you guys think? Just need my real engine and car will be done. 1st pic is of rear package tray, 2nd are of seats & 3rd is rear side panels.

Attached Files:

29. Muttley

Muttley

Perfect

30. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER