Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, May 17 & 18 2013 - Union County Dragway, Union SC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SChotrodder

SChotrodder

Great show, even with the rain. we had a great time and look forward to next year.

2. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

A Cat (67 Cougar) that wouldnt start, a Volksrod (Operation X) with no wipers and wet plug wires, and The Gray Ghost (51 Merc) with brake problems.. may have slowed us down.... but didnt stop us from attending...

We didnt get to run em' this year.. maybe next.

Thanks to all the Geargoyes (and all the others) that keep putting on this stellar event.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  3. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

Wish we could have attended, we have been really short staffed at the shop. On top of that I'm in the process of buying a house so that really puts a damper on just about everything. Looks like everyone had a blast.

4. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

THANK YOU! What a hard core crowd showed up for the event! The weather didn't spoil the good times in the least. On Friday evening with a grim Saturday forecast, I was surprised at how many people didn't know there was rain forecasted and after learning about it, didn't care. I was told multiple times, we were going to be here rain or shine. The rain on Saturday had had folks gathered up with friends or huddled up with people they didn't know and leaving with new friends. The Geargoyles are so happy to have such great people attend Steel In Motion! Thanks to Ryan for giving us all the HAMB and thanks to all the HAMB members that rocked the show!

Looking forward to 2014 Steel In Motion!

5. Grabber28

Grabber28
    from Charlotte

What a blast!!!.....Me and the Junkyard Saints had a fantastic time...!!! Great Cars...Music and Friends..!!! We are already looking forward to next year....

Yall Take Care,

Tommy Ray

6. Danny, sorry you didn't make it. You were missed!

7. honested

honested

it was a killer show and after all the late nights we put in on trying to get my model a truck finished for the show rain wasn't going to stop us from being there ! thanks to the geargoyles for stepping up and putting on a awesome show

8. toucan

toucan
    from sc

found some more!

Attached Files:

9. toucan

toucan
    from sc

last ones!

Attached Files:

10. Any information on this Falcon Sedan delivery,,I vaguely remember one in Greenville,South Carolina from the late 60's,,with a straight axle,,it was painted purple and had Cherry Bomb painted on the blank panels. HRP

[​IMG]

11. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Wow what a ride for 3 days! Thanks for all the fun!! This was a 1st for me to see all that I saw and I cant wait till next year. Thanks to all the GearGoyles as that was so Cool!!

Enjoyed the Ride

Carl

12. Best show in the Southeast by far! We had a blast! Drove 4 hours, raced, partied hung out with super cool folks, drove home. Wish it was a twice a year event.

Still cannot figure out how Russ can drive a stick like this ???

[​IMG]

13. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

Thanks for the compliments guys. I also want to thank all you die hards that said to hell with the rain and continued the party.

However, and I am speaking only for myself here, but doing SIM twice a year may lead to a number of us in the club having nervous breakdowns, prematurely balding, alcohol poisoning, erectile dysfunction.........you get the idea. lol!

14. Then you would fit right in with the Sock Fuckers

15. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Thanks Geargoyle for a great car show. Will be there next year. Great people and cars. The races were out of this world.

Attached Files:

16. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

more pics

Attached Files:

17. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

How about some of those Pin Up Girls?? Anybody got some pics?

18. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

yea, what he said!

19. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

Among the half dozen or so photographers that were at the show was Mr. Chris Jones. He shot over 1000 pics and has them posted on his website. The prints are for sale as well. Damn good photography. Check them out.

http://newdayphoto.phanfare.com

20. my1971buick

my1971buick

Man I had a blast at Steel In Motion! The little Gold Camper did great!!! Cant wait till next year! oh Newdayphoto has some awesome images by the way!! :) Im amazed at all the support and people actually pulling into a dragstrip in the pouring rain!!!!!! wow you guys are amazing! Brought tears of joy to me. Proud to be a Geargoyle and cant wait till next year!!!! I kinda wish we could do a thursday -saturday deal, tee hee curtis may kill me for saying that but Im pretty sure Union would have no problem with that ;)

21. Man, I believe Mr. Jones got it covered! Exellent job sir.

Thanks a million for all the hard work of all the Geargoyles!! Lilke they say, this stuff don't just happen. Really, REALLY, enjoyed the weekend. (what weather...) Nothing could have kept us away. Great location, great folks. Hats off to all the track peoples that worked their butts off, never gave up.

Great to see some really nice cars rollin' in also. WAY overwelmed the 'don't get it' boys. Lookin' forward to next year, gonna be long damn wait! LOVED the Geargoyles campers, great job on them babies!!

Curtis and the Geargoyles....y'all get some much needed rest!!! THANKS AGAIN!!

22. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Yes

Attached Files:

23. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

pics

Attached Files:

24. Soooo, today is Wednesday. I am finally coming down from my "high" called Steel In Motion"!!!

Not sure words can explain the enjoyment that I get from this event. The Iron lords were light in attendance (3) this year but this can't nor will happen again. I still had my extended car club family, The Sock Fuckers, to hang with and boy did we have a blast! The "Sock Whisperer" was even there!!!!

The tremendous amount of respect that I have for Curtis and the GearGoyles is unrivaled. You guys put your heart and soul into every aspect of this show. You worked your butts off and it showed. The attendance was stellar considering the potential for rain. Next year, we're in for a treat.

This IS the show in the southeast!! If you miss this show, you are a fool.

Great work guys! See you fuckers at the Moon!!!

BloodyKnuckles

25. Oh, one more thing.

Because of this show, I set a goal to have a 4 year project completed and debuted. I accomplished my goal. If it wasn't for Steel In Motion It still would be sitting in the corner.
    [​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

26. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Well said. Peace

27. cougarmike

cougarmike

And we are proud as hell of ya

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Turtle64

Turtle64

Thanks to all the folks that came out to the show! Hopefully those that couldn't make it will be able to next year. We wouldn't have Steel In Motion if it wasn't for the awesome support that we get from the HAMBers and the hot rod community! Can't wait until next year! Turtle

29. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

Hey guys n gals. The charity auction went really well this weekend, with the exception of the weather requiring new bidding sheets several times and most of the items needing to be covered up during the rain! We still raised several hundred bucks; which the club will be matching. Brett, thanks again for donating the panels.

We also were supposed to have a pair of Heavy Rebel Weekender passes, however due to the hectic weekend and some technical difficulties, I didn't have them at the show. I do have them now though. So I plan on setting up some sort of auction either here on the forum or on the Geargoyles facebook page. That is unless any of you guys wanna throw up a good $$$ now to save me the trouble!!! Face value is $180 for the pair!! Paypal , money order, or check will be accepted.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  30. my1971buick

my1971buick

Man your buick was bad ass!!!!!!! I stared at many a time riding my bike, but I am just a lil buick biased lol