Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Deuce Roadsters funeral arrangements

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 20, 2013.

1. Randy Nash will have 2 services,,the Burial will be held at 10:00 AM Wednesday,May 22, 2013 in Graceland Memorial Park, 4814 Whitehorse road, Greenville,South Carolina..

The Memorial Service will be held at 4:00 PM Wednesday,May 22, 2913 at Thompson Funeral Home,200 State Street,West Columbia,South Carolina.

Dr. Tommy Pillow will officiate. Danny
    The family will receive friends following the service at the funeral home.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. Thanks, Danny. Sure wish I could be there.

Prayers for grace and peace!

SDG

3. I'll be praying for the family and friends. Randy feels no more pain.

4. Keneck32

Keneck32

5. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

HRP, Thanks for posting this, and sorry for the loss of your good friend.

As a side note. We all know thieves are evil bastards. I hope someone
    is watching over Randy's stuff while the family is away. If security needs
    to be hired for this time, put me in for $20.00. Just let me know where
    to send it.

6. Thanks for the update Danny.

7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hate to focus on possible additional negatives at a time like this, but this is actually very smart.

8. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Thanks Danny.. I will be there in the deuce he helped me in so many ways to put back together. Tom

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Danny, If you need a security detail, you might do good by contacting curtis and the Geargoyles to see if theuy could help out a bit! Couldn't hurt as long as they're not planning on attending a service as well......

10. Oh man, I hate this.....

Prayers to his family. Randy was a good man.

- Jim

11. I feel certain that some of the Church Members will be at the home,,maybe Kenneth will chime in on the subject. Danny

12. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Prayers to his family.

13. Tony

Tony

Back up for Randy.
    RIP.

Tony

14. Lots,of years back we used to sit on the house for the family while they were at their loved ones service. Told a family couple of years ago to be sure to have someone stay since the PD does not do that anymore. They thought I was a nut. One of his friends needs to stay there for sure.

15. We are getting ready to leave in the "Ranch Wagon" and take all the flowers to Randy's service in Greenville and then on to Columbia,,the wagon will once again do what it was originally purchased to do in 1954 when Brenda's grandmother bought it.

This will not be the rule,only the exception to it,,it's gonna be a long hard day for all all that knew & loved Randy.:( Danny

16. I'm thinking of you Danny.

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thoughts are with family and friends. Putting the wagon back into service is a statement to the friendship you had.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. We left the flower shop in the wagon loaded down with flowers this morning about 8:15 for the burial in Greenville and after the service Brenda,Ken and I left the cemetery headed to the church in Columbia for lunch with the family and friends at the Church.

Ouidasue and Kenneth related a few tales on Randy about some of his escapades in his younger years.

Time passed much to fast and we then headed to the Funeral Home,,,the place was packed and many of Randy's long time friends were there,,many of them happen to own a Deuce or two.,,,imagine that!

We left Columbia at 5:30 and sat in bumper to bumper traffic on the interstate for what seemed a eternity,,got caught in a few showers.

God Speed Randy,,,Danny

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  19. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Danny, what a shock to read of Randy's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to Ouidasue, his family, and of course you his good friend. Thank you for keeping Randy's H.A.M.B family informed. I know its been a very hard few days for you.

So glad I had those few minutes with you and Randy at Charlotte.

Lee

20. Late reply here.

I spoke with Ouidasue about this on Monday, two days before the funeral services. She had informed the neighbors who all were going to be on alert for anything suspicious.

Randy lived in a small neighborhood with only one way in and out, so it would be pretty easy to spot anything that didn't look right.

On another note, many thanks to all who came to either Greenville, Columbia, or both. I spoke to many of you (I tried to speak with all, but I may have missed a friend or two) and it was good to see each one of you.