Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oklahoma HAMBERS,,, are you ok? Check in!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by von zipper, May 20, 2013.

1. von zipper

von zipper

Watching the devastation on TV, just terrible! Check in to say your ok!

2. The tornado stopped a a little west of our house by Draper Lake. Some hail damage but nothing more. We are praying for the families of those killed in the tornado, six fatalities so far.

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

we're good in tulsa area..

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. hudson48

hudson48

Hope all are safe.Have been watching coverage on Fox and the damage is devastating.Neighbours are all rallying to help each other.

5. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

Were Ok in the Bixby area!

6. Dirk35

Dirk35

One hit Carney and Shawnee yesterday and Moore today. They are still looking through debris to find people.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Everything went just south of us in Muskogee, only hard rain and a little bit of lightning.

8. flathead okie

flathead okie

Sad for the children and for the families of the children.

Went around us here.

9. These things bother me more now that I am older. I hope and pray that those in the areas hit are O. K.
    Later,
    Dick

10. Lucky3

Lucky3

Ok, here..live west of Norman and missed us by 1/2 mile !
    Prayers needed for the children in the elementary school that was hit :(

11. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Thoughts and prayers are with all in Oklahoma

12. von zipper

von zipper

I hope it don't get closed! I had to do something after seeing it today!

13. jaxx

jaxx

Bristow here - were still good - holding out hope for those kids down in Moore
    jaxx

14. 4psi

4psi

Yesterday the storms missed our shop out in Shawnee by a few miles, and today the tornado was on the ground just a few miles away from my home in Midwest City. This storm came out of nowhere. The devastation down the street in Moore is heartbreaking.

15. Ok here, my coworker lost his house, all that is left is the foundation.

16. von zipper

von zipper

I hope they save all the children!

17. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

Tulsa got missed 2 days in a row...

18. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

This will go down as the worst tornado in history. THe death toll already passed the May 3rd 1999 tornado. If anyone wants to help donate to the Red Cross and tell them that it is for Oklahoma.

19. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thoughts and prayers for our Oklahoma folks. Really hurts hearing about the kids in the schools. Living in this tornado alley makes me pay pretty close attention to the weather this time of year.

54 Chevy, worst in Oklahoma history, but don't forget about Joplin.

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

We're ok in Tulsa. Prayers need for the people in OKC/Moore area. Especially for the parents who lost children. The death toll is now 91 of which 20 are the children from the school that was hit.

21. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

22. A very emotional time in Oklahoma, lots of folks still missing and they are still finding folks in thier hiddyholes trapped due to the debris. The authorities have removed the media and trucks so they can hear folks screaming trapped in thier homes and in the debris. And now it is storming again as the rescue continues...91 deceased ,,,and counting, God Bless all and thank you, first responders.

23. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I was thinking about you last night, Roger. Glad you're okay. Prayers out for all the victims and their families in Moore.

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Times like these I wish I were over there to help. From what we see of it over here it resembles a bomb blast area only on a massive scale!
    Good luck to all affected and the emergency personnel and volunteers working in that horrific scene.

Doc.

25. cutlass_supreme71

cutlass_supreme71

Thank God my Family and I made it through. I am thinking about taking up a collection to help the victims or help the red cross buy supplies for the victims. I would be giving any funds collected to my church to get to the proper place to get the best use of it. I started a thread on it http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=803604 let me know if that is something you all would be interested in doing.

26. bradshow

bradshow

Missed my house by about 3/4 mile. I sat and watched from Tinker, AFB as the tornado destroyed the neighborhood I used to live in and the area I frequent the most. The devastation is unimaginable. Luckly over the years people have begun to install inground shelters in their homes which saved hundreds. The first thing I did when I bought my new house was have one installed. It is unfathomable how those elementary schools did not have safe rooms or shelters in them and sadly numerous children lost their lives as a result. Prayers for this area.

27. Thoughts & prayers to those affected down in Moore. God bless those children & their parents. Absolutely heartbreaking...

28. butch27

butch27

Did it do any damage in Bethany area? Got a Daughter there.

29. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

We were lucky in Tulsa yesterday for sure. Was at work at American (afternoon shift) for just a few minutes when they shut the base down and sent everyone to the safe rooms..Heartbroken for what has happened again in Moore....
    Was paying close attention to this all last night..

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

30. turdytoo

turdytoo

Oh the heart break for those kids parents and all the others.