Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are you a outcast in your neighborhood?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dsiddons, Apr 7, 2013.

1. IRISH13

IRISH13
    from SoCal

I moved into my house 4 years ago. Typical track homes but with bigger lots and rv parking. Im one of the few that speaks english, so I dont do anything with the neighbors. Always had the garage open out there tinkerin up until this last year when they tried breaking into my garage. Lil gang banger stole my bicycle out of the garage too last summer. Now its all locked up...lookin to move.

2. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Drink beer,piss in your yard and do burn outs. fuckem!!!

3. rat nasty

rat nasty

3-4 hot rodders/drag racers on my street! 1 guy even helps host a car cruise for the small town he stops by every now & then just to check things out? he dont have any cars but I think he would like to! I've lived here going on 10 yrs and by now most are used to the noise! most of my neighbors wave if I'm out in the hot rod?

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Keep them onside as you never know when you may need their help. NEVER shit in your own back yard as you will make a rod for your back. You knows, you may convert them and get the scoop on a garage find. Don't be an outcast.:)

5. rld14

rld14

Generally I get along very well with my neighbors. They tend to come to me with car problems or if they need advice on buying a car (I work in the car business).

I had one lady across the street from me who everyone hated, especially me. Prius driving, super left winger, and that's fine but she kept shoving it in my face and howling how my cars were killing the earth. Ok, so the 60 Lincoln with the exhaust leak got legally parked in front of her house. We have 48 hour parking said make sure to move it every 2 days, usually at 6am. She's the same one who called code enforcement on me when I was yanking the gas and out of it. Thankfully she's since moved away and all is well.

All my other neighbors had my back on that one :)

Generally they like my cars and comment how nice they look.

6. farmer12

farmer12

I'm an outcast indeed. Seems like no one in this town is into old cars. I only work on mine on weekdays between 10am to 5pm and I still have people asking me to keep the noise down! Even got a threat from the neighbourhood idiot last week. "Keep it down or else". I said, "or else what?" As I expected, no answer..... May just start looking for a barn or shed out of town.

7. That is hilarious!

8. wsdad

wsdad

I don't have anything, however, thousands of years ago, the wisest man in the world once wrote, "Do not devise evil againt your neighbor. While he lives securely beside you." He was also fond of saying, "There is nothing new under the sun." My guess is this type of thing has been tried before. Hope you have better luck, though. Let us know how it turns out.

9. pinman 39

pinman 39

You are only an outcast if you choose to be .Why do you care what the Yuppie Scum Sons a Bitches think anyway.They are probably to busy doing what ever the hell they do to worry about some guy with wierd old crap down the street .

Hang in there there is probably a closet rodder that will come around eventually .

10. redzula

redzula

I never act like a dumbass in my neighborhood my dad chewed my ass for it a few times in HS. Since then I turn my music down, slow down and wave to the neighbors outside. I recently moved and to my good fortune (kind of sad for them) I've had one elderly lady across the street pass away, another elderly lady have a mental break and is now in a home and both sides of my house are older an likely will be going into homes in the next few years. Its sad for them but that means that I will be the veteran when those house get new owners and won't be the new guy on the block anymore. But still best advise is to not piss off your neighbors after all where are you going to go to get away when home isn't an option.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. banjorear

banjorear

This. Works every time.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Don't be an asshole. Pretty simple really. Also, if you have to ask if you are, you probably are.

13. gonmad

gonmad

You ever see the Duck Dynasty episode where he was gutting a deer that was hanging from his tree in the front yard and the school bus dropped off the kids there?!? Pretty funny stuff in yuppie-ville!! But don't be a douche or you'll get treated like a douche! You never know when you'll need a hand pushing the car into the garage!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. X's 3-a welder is a friend maker and I always drive my cars slow in the 'hood'

15. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

My neighbors don't "get" me. Hell, I don't "get" me.
    But I'm one of the few that is in the country legally, so I don't care what they think especially since the have no problem blaring that Spanish version of polka music at 200,000 decibels at all hours of the night, or hanging a goat upside down in the front yard after they cut its throat to bleed out, or molest 12 year old girls because for some reason that is OK in the country they just migrated from. It is far easier to count the houses that don't have a sex offender red dot on them on the map. I have the decency not to grind, hammer or makes any form of loud noise after about 9pm. I won't start making noise until after 8am. I still would never do burnouts, because its rude, stinks up the neighborhood and there is always the chance of one of their kids running out in the street. I wish they would extend the same courtesy. My neighbors certainly shit in the bed they lay in, and I haul in all sorts of odd stuff, but even though they are worthless shitwads, I still try not to give them a reason to rain down shit on me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I live in a city, and don't know a single one of my neighbors. I'm okay with that.

17. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

everyone in our neighborhood knows of us, we are the house with the old cars and im the kid always working on one. just today i was sea foaming a six cylinder with teh ass end sitting out the garage running it open headers (sort of because the gasket blew and i was waiting for it to show up) smoking out the adjoining houses. the neighbors come over asking what all the comotion was and what was all the white smoke, they werent mad, they were both disappointed that i wasnt doing a burnout hahah, ive gotten very lucky with my neighbors, the newest ones to my left have a son afew years younger then me that always comes over to give me a hand with whatever im doing because he wants to learn before he starts working on his car, a pretty clean 71 chevelle.

18. Boatmark

Boatmark

I live in the country now, but I never had a problem with my city neighbors.

I work in the boat biz, so I have not only the issue with cars, but boats / trailers etc. coming and going. I eased into bringing stuff home, kept my house nice, and everyone was cool. Once I joined the General Contractor down the street as a guy who could fix stuff, loan tools, etc. I was in solid. And since it was SE Florida, most guys in the neighborhood want to be on good terms with a boat guy.

I had a Corvette project going and while doing the chassis I put the body on a dolly in the driveway with a nice cover on it. Hoped no one would mind. The next day the elderly couple across the street said they only used one side of their garage, so they would clean out the other side and store the body in there. It was in there for six months, and then I put the rolling chassis over there while I worked on the body in my garage.

Another neighbor offered his long driveway to park anytime I came home with something to long for my own driveway - that way I didn't have to mess up my grass parking on the lawn.

On the flip side, after the hurricanes when most in town were standing in line to buy gas for their generators . . . I brought a boat home from work with 400 gallons of gas in it and left it in the driveway. Everyone could fuel from that for generators, and getting to work gas, until things eased up.

Be a good neighbor, and you will get the same. Its human nature.

19. Yea, just keep it behind your fence!

[​IMG]

20. Veach

Veach

Why take the chance of getting your Ride Keyed from front to back.There is always one asshole that will do it,your best bet is being the fix it guy or just leave them alone and as you can see a tall fence works if your zoned for one

21. Man I live in a very quiet neighborhood but it seems 1 out of 4 houses , someone has a cool old car. Some of us have a few more than one to make up the difference. I have 11 and have never got complaints at all. But all my stuff is indoors. I use to shut my open piped Harley off at the end of the street and coast home but then the neighbors complained that they wanted to hear my bike. I also have an obnoxious 10.5-1 high performance Pontiac 400 4 speed that has huge side pipes and no exhaust. It is fricking loud. I always get the thumbs up!! There are a couple neighbors who I just can't stand because of how they act but they never bitch about my hobbies.

22. Skoty

Skoty

i seem to be an outcast in my whole town and surrounding area!! even outta my close friends! i dont know of anyone other hotrodders who live that near to me! all the other kids my way are all plastic fantastic hothatch french cars or into there modern jap stuff.... everyone in my local town think im crazy as i drive a 50+ year old car everywhere and sometimes a 80 year old car 100s of miles! haha my garden is full of old cars, im constantly buy 'junk' my cars are loud as hell... to be honest iv only had a few neighbours moan, but they are more just the jealous type, i dont get too much bother off the rest of them.
    i get alot of attention, alot of people love me and alot of people hate me! haha... the making friends issue i think is mostly as i live my life as though im in a different time period, i really have no respect for this generation.... everything is crap, the cars, the houses, the music, the clothes heng even most of the people from 'my' generation are crappy haha... few people know how to take me as im apparently too "eccentric" haha alot of the people i get on best with are 60+ yr olds haha.

oh well, lifes too short to try get along with everyone, im gonna do what i want to do and not try to impress others, if others appreciate my doings than they are the people i wanna know :)

23. Gerg

Gerg

I am not the outcast my neighbor is, but that is because he builds firebirds

24. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

To any of you fools who would upset a neighborhood just because you can, remember, payback is a bitch.

25. drifters cc

drifters cc

Ditto plus1 on this ^^^It worked for me.Been here for 27 years.

26. The world needs more outcasts like you guys. You are a great bunch of folks and I would be happy to have you in my neighbourhood anytime.

27. I live next to the neighborhood ass, everyone hates him, I can do no wrong as long as he lives there!

28. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Key phrase: DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU SLEEP>>>>>>>>

29. outlaw256

outlaw256

what the brother said!

30. 54rat210

54rat210

I am! I'm into loud cars and loud bikes! I'm also younger than all my neighbors. Their from the burbs. I'm born and raised in Chicago. My neighbors listen to 70's rock. I listen to rap, house, alternative and rock! I come off as the long haired biker in the Sun-division.