Register now to get rid of these ads!

Okay to spray RAID under the dash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cerberus, Aug 2, 2011.

1. JMel

JMel

I want to see your death board when its complete...that way i can laugh maniacally (sp?) at the miserable death of those horrid creatures.

Somebody once asked me why i was so afraid of spiders, and i don't really have an answer...its just a full blown natural instinct to me that i just cannot control. My father caught one of those really really big garden spiders and put it in a little aquarium once....it was behind glass, i knew it was behind glass, i knew it couldn't hurt me...hell, i knew it couldn't even hurt me if it bit me - it wasn't harmful to humans. But my father reached in there and just poked at its back with his finger, and the spider flinched and tried to crawl up the glass.....i became unglued, damned near ran away from it.

I don't get it, i completely lose all control when it comes to them. The hatred and fear runs so deep within me that i just wig out. I think part of it can be explained with those little black jumping spiders...the ones with all the friggen eyes, and the little white dots on their black furry bodies. I know its completely harmless to me, i'm 6'3, 280 lbs....i'm umpteen billion times his size, weight, and strength...but if i get near him, he rears up like he's about to kick my ass. He rears up with his front legs straight up as if he's saying "COME AT ME BRAH!!!".....And you know what? There isn't a signle doubt in his little mind that he can't take me. Something that looks at something else that is infinitly bigger and stronger, and thinks to itself that he's gonna kick its ass demands an incredible amount of respect in my eyes.

2. clockwork31

clockwork31

Man I'd pay to see that hahahahaha!

3. gmans356

gmans356
    from MDR

Dude..really you got bit 2 more times spraying the car...what the hell kind of spiders are that aggressive...I was told no brown recluse in California..maybe Brown widows, but these things are not that aggressive. if you have a Black Widow nest in your garage..talk to some pest guys..normal stuff doesnt kill them off all the way. this totally creeps me out, I deal with cars everyday and have found some creepy crawlers but not been bitten.

4. Deuces

Deuces

Kill the little bastards!! :mad::D

5. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Good luck and don't forget to give us an update.
    I'm curious to see if the perps are spiders or perhaps something else.

Where in the Bay Area are you located?

6. I keep a can of wask and hornet killer at all times I hate getting stung.

I have set off bug bombs in old cars before it works for a lot of things. I have found that a shop vac works wonders also. You won't believe what I have sucked up with one of those.

7. Cerberus

Cerberus

I'm a little disappointed. The fogging netted three spiders. The gold reddish one may be a recluse - looks like it was protecting it's baby still in a egg. The big legged black one could be a widow. I don't know about the brown one with its legs bunched up. This '36 was in Monterey near the coast for four years. Also the car was originally titled in the state of Washington. I suspect there may have been more fleas than spiders.

8. If it is safe to do, I kill them with fire. It takes very little for even the big ones. You know they are done when the legs go straight! :eek:

Hate spiders!

Hate spiders!

Hate spiders!

[​IMG]

9. GlenC

GlenC

My 80 year olf mum hates spiders with passion, but she's not safe around a can of flyspray, her eyesight's not that good. The last one she 'got' she sprayed with a whole can of her hairspray... It was still alive when we got it out of her house, just couldn't move, it was all glued up!

Cheers, Glen.

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Spent 10 months in hospital in 2003 when I got paralysed. The first 12 weeks I spent in bed, flat on my back totally unable to move anything except my head from side to side. They moved me to the corner cubicle where I had the few out of the window about three weeks in. I woke up one Friday morning and thought that there was something not quite right with the light coming in through the window. I turned my head to one side and became fully awake when I realised the entire cubicle was filled with wasps. All over the window, climbing over me and buzzing around my head. Shit man I absolutely freaked! I couldn't scream as I was recovering from a tracheotomy, all I had was a nurses call button by my cheek on the pillow. Needless to say I banged on it repeatedly with my cheek, was eventually visited by a nurse who also absolutely freaked and ran out screaming returning a couple of minutes later with a male nurse who dived through my cubicle curtains, kicked off the brakes on the bed and pulled me out. Turns out the little fuckers had built a nest under the roof outside, which had rotted through the window frame. They then emptied the ward into the corridors and called the exterminators in. I kid you not, I felt as though I was in my own personal Stephen King horror story. Eight years later and up in a wheelchair I absolutely go ballistic if a wasp approaches me. To this day I still don't understand the purpose of wasps and believe the world would be a better place with them eradicated.
    Paul

11. Paul,
    The wasps only purpose in this world is to eat spiders, and sting. They don't swell me up like they do most folks but I still hate being stung.

12. A little C 4 will do the trick!!!

13. Id use a turbo 400 but then Im a Chevy guy...

Sammy

14. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Also - from wikipedia: "Almost every pest insect species has at least one wasp species that preys upon it or parasitizes it, making wasps critically important in natural control of their numbers, or natural biocontrol. Parasitic wasps are increasingly used in agricultural pest control as they prey mostly on pest insects and have little impact on crops."

STILL, I hate those as much as anything else...

15. X2!!! I'm in an ongoing battle with yellowjackets,and with the heat,they're very effin' aggressive. Not a big fan of spiders either,but at least we don't have an abundance of killer arachnids here in MI. For now...

My Sport Fury came from Georgia and had at least 5 monster wasp tunnels on the undercarriage. I'm sure there's more I've yet to discover.

16. busguy71

busguy71

JUST VACUUM THEM OUT!!! case closed.

17. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I just had a bout with yellojackets when I first opened this thread..Was cutting some weeds and they attacked my right ankle through the sock and left arm once, smacked them and ran, lucky they didn't chase...I couldn't find a nest or hole..Set up a shop vac and got great pleasure watching them get sucked up, one by one..Dwindled the herd by a bunch, finished cutting the weeds, still couldn't find their residence..The stings are a little itchy/irritated but suppose could have been worse..Kripfink glad you survived!!!

18. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i f-ing HATE spiders.

19. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Paul just watch out for them daddy-long-leg spiders, thankfully we don't get any nasty stuff over here!, just the weather! Sorry didn't catch you at the Hayride fella!

Dan;)

20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I'm sure our paths will cross in the not too distant future, amigo.
    Paul

21. 48buickkid

48buickkid

i bought a 71 elcamino off a guy for the drivetrain once i spent about $30 on wasp killer cause there was a 2 foot long 6 inch wide nest in the pssenger front fender and many smaller nests in other places i got stung 16 times just getting the car out from its slumber lucky they were just wasps but man did i love watching them die later when i got it home those little bastards hate the oxy torch my bud let me borrow just cause the spray didnt work. with some insects it really is like war

22. Deuces

Deuces

This thread cracks me up.... :D
    Keep'em coming! :)

23. 714dodge

714dodge

I need to bomb my garage, theres a crap load of spiders hiding..

24. Rob68

Rob68

Stephen King couldn't come up with that one! My God, that is a great story.

25. flathead okie

flathead okie

I used some Wasp and Hornet killer in a sunporch one day killing wasps. That night and a few more days I was in the Hospital with chemical phenumonia.(spl) Watch spraying in enclosed areas.

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

macho hot rod guys afraid of spiders...film at 11:00...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. Zeke

Zeke

There's another reason I smoke cigars while working on my 60. Wasps don't like the smoke and the black widows don't like the cherry. Killed at least dozen widows already this year.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. If you can see the spiddies give'em a shot of starting fluid...careful there are no sparks nearby...good luck.

29. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

I made a flame thrower out of a can of WD40 and toasted a wolf spider one on night. It fell out of the web and scrambled through the gaps in the wood on the porch with the torch on it the whole time. The next morning the web was back and so was the damn spider. It was charred black and missing a leg but it was back. I almost had to move.

30. tjm73

tjm73

Use this stuff. Works really fast and really well. Also kills bees and ants. Follow the directions and be done with the bites.