Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well Hell,,bad day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beep, May 17, 2013.

1. I "was" almost done with the Ranchero conversion (pulling the FE and installing a 3551w, A/C, PS. complete re-wire fron to back, rebuilt c-6 tranny, and other updates.

Pushed it out side to clean the garage. It, the garage, was filthy I nasty. Once finished, I couldn't push it back by myself (slightly up hill). I thought ,WTF, even though no front bumper, grill, radiatot etc, I could start it and drive it in slowly. I put on a hose by=pass for the tranny line so it would't leak. Started her up, put her in gear and slipped into the garage. No problem right? WRONG! Shit...no brakes. One smashed roller tool box and one crushed front fender. F_(*IKOIJU^%%*) me.

Anyone have an extra 1959 Ford right front fender? Contact me at BPerrenot@hotmail or 281-687-1071 please.

2. Don't feel so bad, a friend of mine was working on his glass '34 three window in the garage. Hit the remote start, forgot it was in gear and hit his tool box. Two cracked fenders no damage to the box. He had just finished putting it back together after painting.

3. metal man

metal man

Seems like I hear this same story on here about once every month or so. You learned a lesson today, I guess. I'm glad it wasn't any worse.

4. What was that line uttered by Forrest Gump?,,,Stupid is as stupid does!:rolleyes: HRP

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Bad day, and worse when you got nobody else to blame!

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I had a 'two steps back' day today too, not nearly as bad, but thanks for making me feel a bit better. Years ago I came home from the bar and knocked my Harley over with my Corvette. Dent in the former, cracks in the latter. Hang in there, you'll laugh about it some day, after it's fixed.

7. Davyj

Davyj

I am afraid, your not the first and won't be the last......................does'nt make it better, but time will. Heard about a guy who took a brand new deuce for its first ride last week, tried to do a burn out and the throttle stuck, next image is a hemi powered deuce stuffed into a fence. Just short of crossing the intersate.......the only good thing was he was still across the street from the rod shop that had just put the interior in, so they only had to roll it back in to start over.
    the lesson is, that no matter how we do things, sometimes we overlook the little things that bite us in the ass................good luck with the repairs...........

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I feel your pain. sounds like some of the shit I have pulled. If I had a fender I would give it to ya.

9. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

I feel your pain brother, at least you didn't hurt yourself. when I built my newer garage I had pushed my non running car out on the driveway to insulate the ceiling and when I tried to push it back in (with no help) I tore the tendon in the back of my ankle and had to crawl back to the house. that was one of the worst pains I've ever felt :eek:. took several weeks of hobbleing and a trip to the podiatrist to get over that.

10. I made sure I have working brakes before I get my car running. I know I'll be tempted to move it around. Been in your shoes once before.

11. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

My policy is if i cant stop it ,,,,i wont start it,,

12. dad-bud

dad-bud

So Beep, how ya feelin' now? All that sympathy pouring from every poster helping?
    No, wait! A bit more scorn seems to have been supplied.
    Ah well.
    I'm sorry to hear of your SNAFU and hope you get it sorted out quickly and easily.
    Thanks for posting anyway - at least it's given us something to have a bit of a laugh about.
    Cheers.

13. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

As I'm getting older I've noticed an increase in bonehead moves.

Becoming more oblivious to the obvious, actually.

14. Brian,,just remember that some days you eat the bear and other days the bear eats you...Sorry for your problem

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Also fatigue related. Try and do too much without rest, screw up...

16. Wow Beep, you and flynbrian48 got to get together and figure out a solution to prevent this. You might make millions!

17. david j smith

david j smith

I had a 59 retractable parts car in the garage stripping it for a few days. Went to pull it out and had no help. I pumped the roller tires up, hooked the chain and pulled it out with no problems. Went into the garage and i had left the air hose laying on the parts car. It took all of the air line plumbing off the walls and never broke anywhere.Moral of the story, 59 Fords cause a lot of problems.

18. tedster

tedster

Not sure which is worse doin it or coming on here and telling about it.

19. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Wiggling a crappy ignition switch had the vehicle start jumping forward (stick shift) right into my wife's motorcycle!:eek:

20. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

happened at the chevy dealer - 1 service writer took out 25 k in tool boxes

21. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

At least you remembered the hose for the transmission line.

I forgot that a few years ago when I needed to move the car up the driveway "a few feet" before putting the radiator back in.

22. Thanks to those with the "sorry about that" lines. Double Dino farts to those with the smart ass remarks. Just kidding.

What do they call it when a guy enjoys punishment? A Massochists (sp) or something like that? LOL, to tell on yourself on this site you have to be somewhat of one of those or just palin stupid. Hmmmm, I wonder?????

Oh well, it doesn't matter, I'm still having fun and still love this site. And, I'll get her fixed yet.

23. Yep, its just metal. Stuff happens, you just pick up the pieces and move forward.

24. kismyss

kismyss

Did the same thing backing a car out of a service station I worked in after high school. Forgot to pump the pedal before putting it in gear. Luckily the tire racks against a telephone pole stopped me from going all the way into main street a quiting time. Got luckier than you, but dont feel too bad we have all been there.

25. thats why I got the 4x4 I keep tripping over bolted to the floor....just alittle stop pursuession in the advent the oh shit yell doesnt work.....guess I'll just keep tripping 4 now

26. I heard that! Always pisses me off!

27. OK, got her about fixed. Removed the fender, straightened out all the other stuff that also shifted with the hit. I got lucky at the local classic junk yard. They had a 59 RF fender that was rotted out at the bottm,but good at the top front. I took it at a good cheap (win-win) price and cut out the front section which is what I needed. Today I cut out that section of my fender, did some fitting and welded it into place. It looks pretty damn good. Now some grinding, a little putty, sanding and paint...bang bango, home again.

Next mission, before paint....fix the f---g brakes.

28. desotot

desotot

Here in B.C. on the backside of our insurance papers was this advice "admit nothing"

29. Willy301

Willy301

If it makes you feel better, while working at an agricultural dealership, our Snap on man brought in pics of a pending insurance claim from the Ford garage. A candidate for the Darwin awards had not made sure a conversion van he was servicing was secure on the lift before lifting it up. After it sat there for a bit, he started wrenching on it, and it came off the front of the lift and landed on top of his tool box. I guess the Ford dealer told him his tools were his problem because it was his negligence that caused the problem.

30. We got brakes.....................

Finished up the fender welding and installation today and did some smoothing things out. That part is now ready to clean, tape and paint. Installed the radiator, tranny cooler, lines fan shroud etc and fired her up. No leaks. Not even a drip,,,wow that's a first. Set the timing and let her run in for a while.

Will take her down to the muffler shop tomorrow and have the manifold to muffler pipes put back on. Then I'll finishe the painting and do the grill, bumper, head lights etc.

Hopefully by mid next week she'll be done.