Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Thats very tidy, cool !! JW

2. Would have been tidy er if i would have noticed the adjuster bar hanging down..:eek:
    Dropped off the lower pulley to have the machine work done...Bruce gets busy we might be up and running cooling system n all by sat...then it'll be time to take that long awaited cruise round the block...come on Bruce!!!!:cool:
    Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. davo461

davo461

Come on, Bruce!!!! We're all waiting, here!! lol

4. Will be waiting to see that smile Mark,hope it all happens, cool stuff. JW :)

5. Very, very cool Mark.Not much holding you back from that trip round the block,then the smile will be ear to ear. JW :)

6. JW, it was way too late to be playing with open exhaust...but;););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....after 4 years and 8 months :eek::eek::eek:......and we are still waiting for the crank pulley and spacer to get finished by Bruce....so I dumped some water in the rad and pulled it out of the garage last nite....gotta work today, but headin out to the garage for a bit...gonna try and get the right rear brake better adjusted....I think the used drums I picked up years ago need turning....the right one rolls ok for a second then seems to get tight,,,maybe out of round????? it was a long day getting everything buttoned up enough to pull out of the garage.....but sure was cool:cool::cool::cool:.....

7. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

8. used a pair of old switches to run the fuel pump and ignition...the ignition switch has a bad spot in it,,the reason for a couple of attempts to start up the hemi....,,,gonna go out and tie both circuits together.....look at the brake adjustment....
    the hyd throw out bearing seems to be dead nut...pedal feels good....thru the offenhauser throttle pedal in last nite and used a brazing rod for the throttle linkage:rolleyes:.....

still tons to do......but looking pretty damn good for making Sins of Steel june 1......might still have the slicks under the rear, but we'll be driving in it looks like:D.....

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

10. ok i guess i'll let the mouse out of the garage....early yesterday i slide Lil Beast out of the garage and went around the block....had to hurry to keep it good on temp, still waiting for Bruce to finish up the machine work on the lower pulley and spacer...so i was without water pump on my run ....sad part was it was so early i didn't have anyone around to do a vid clip....:(,...but it was still one cool ass ride!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

4 years and 8 months to the day i brought Lil Beast home....

Bruce gets my pulley done, then illl get a clip up;)

11. davo461

davo461

That is SO GOOD!
    Your persistence is paying off and the Mouse looks Mighty.
    Davo.

12. Well done Mark, how did the coil overs feel ?;) Looking forward to seeing how it looks on June the 1st. Very very cool !!!!!!! JW:)

13. Jw, the coil overs feel pretty good...i was surprised how well the topolino felt...but we was going pretty slow so.....new tires and mag wheels are on...I'm like n em uploadfromtaptalk1368585541769.jpg

14. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

It's come along way Mark. Great to see you moving it under it's own power.

Heres a pic of were I'm at with my Topo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  15. Those new front wheels are great and the overall look is simply fantastic. JW :)

16. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

The both of them are looking good!

17. Bob you're looking good!!! Every tome ya post a pic n i see that cage it makes me drool!!!!!!

Thanks Ken..two bulls that have been long N slow in the coming...but their getting real close!!

Thanks JW....I've been trying to get that classic AA/FA look going....yeah i know the mags are incorrect...and so are the disc brakes....but gotta have a Lil but of modern convenience and safety...

Still tons to do...hell i still need to pop the body and weld all the underneath seams...trail its still a mess....i just got caught up in trying to drive it into Cobo....and just had to scrath that itch:rolleyes:

18. farmer12

farmer12

Great sounding vid. We need more!! Looking awesome.

19. tough crowd today:D,,,,,

ah hell ya know i'm a pic/vid ho ....lots of the nose vibrating and the louvers banging...like i keep saying, lots of work left to do still:cool:

<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AlaxlueLOHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AlaxlueLOHw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
    [​IMG]

20. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

That was waaaaay cool

Thanks for sharing

21. F1FordJoker

F1FordJoker

Outstanding, there is nothing like the first time around the block! Looking forward to the next video.

22. my treat , Martyn!!!!!!!!!!!!trust me I had a good time making the vid,,,,just forgot it was still filming when I hopped out to do some temp checking.....

-

YEA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm looking forward to the vid where I roll up into your driveway, brother!!!!!!!!!! need to come see that F-1 of yours;)

23. Man that was cool, i loved it when you gave it a bit of gas, Lil Beast really wanted to go but where was that ear to ear grim Mark? hey good stuff. JW :)

24. JW, i was worried engine temp when i got back from going around the block....i even forgot the vid was still going....trust me, it was huge when err throttled it up towards the end

25. Bluedot

Bluedot

Dang it TK, I just finish my A coupe project, and now you get me wanting to build a Topo. Very nice, and thanks for sharing the video. There are 3 great milestones to building a hot rod: first roll, first engine start, and first drive.

26. bluedot, i hope ya aren't to tall...fiats, hemi s, n 3 pedals for the WC T ~5 don't leave alt of room for legs n feet:eek:

We re rollng....just a matter of what all i can get done by the 1st for Sins of Steel....gotta go too cincy for the weekend....sucks cause it'll be the first time I've had a sat n Sunday off in 6 months....but I'm off on Monday n planning a whole day in the garage:cool:

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  27. Sittin.....get a buzz on....chillin out after a long shit job on a freightliner at work...screwed up my leaving tonite for cincy....got home at 1:30 ...should of be 11:30....starring at Lil Beast .....if i had lites it be perfect nite to fire the hemi...pull the 5 sp into first.....and roll the hood..open pipes n all...

Man i need to get street able.....hell even my boxer baby boys are given me the evil eye
    uploadfromtaptalk1369463766860.jpg

28. Congrats on getting it driving and taking us all for a ride !

29. Thanks Swade....spent the evenings after work (1:00am ish) banging on the body to figure what all was banging in the vid....it was a cool ride.....funny part is i didn't notice the banging while i was driving it in the vid:eek: