Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ~~~Bad Bob's New Project!~ Chopped '60 Pick-up "Blue Balls"~~~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 6, 2013.

1. TexasDart

TexasDart

Craftec has pretty good prices for the quality...and I if you don't see your particular truck on there email them and they may be able to build you one.

2. WWinIL

WWinIL

Yeah, bar hopping is so 20th century. Nowadays its all medical marijuana, enema bongs and tampons soaked with whatever else is left in the liquor cabinet. Oh, and don't forget chat roulette...

So, Mrs. BB wants a comfy chair, but doesn't have issues with alleged "sticky glue" all over the cab? Maybe she misses the buick already?

3. The interior (dash and doors)will all be redone before she ever rides in it. All that glue is coming off. Not really about a comfy chair,but a comfy ride...at least as good as you can get with a truck. It's really loud right now,no door windows yet,no music,no seatbelts. Shes not riding in it til all that is addressed. My son drives it too,so I want seatbelts in case he takes a friend with him.

4. Anyone that removes the airbags from a vehicle and refits it with springs deserves a freakin' medal in my book. Take a bow Bad Bob.... you're a hero.:cool:

5. Thanks....Bags on a Custom,is different. Bags on a truck,seems pointless. Takes up all the room in the bed,rides like shit,leaks,etc,etc!
    Once the leafs are back on...it's a truck again! Towing,haulin,decent ride. I'm gonna post all my efforts.
    I drive this thing everyday,so far,and it beats you to death. The drop axle in the front will improve the ride TREMENDOUSLY!!! Right now it bottoms out.
    I've only had it 5days,so it will take a few months to sort out.

For the record...I don't "bad mouth" guys with bags or that like bags. I just prefer mine without.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  6. SixtyFord

SixtyFord

Just a Axle flip in the rear will drop these things a looong way. Plus you keep the load rating!

7. wallyringo

wallyringo

your a good dad Bob, i cant wait for my sons to work on and drive the family cars.

8. When I re-install the leafs,they will be under the axle. They are 1/2 ton springs off a mid 80's F150. Should be perfect.

9. haha....NOT a family car! Just a project with my older son. I know he will want me to keep it. We'll see...
    I wouldn't let him TOUCH the family car!

10. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Dibs on pinstriping!

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Yeah , and then you could get Craig to letter "Lowdown funky and feel'in so blue" on the sides !

12. Hmm....i'm thinking of callin it "Blue Balls". I'll be doin my OWN lettering Pal! haha
    Great to finally meet you,BTW. What a terrific evening,huh.

13. Bags are gone guys! Now sittin on leaf springs. Rides AWESOME! Probably gonna put airshocks on,for haulin.

You can see the before,then two after shots. Still need to remove the upper bag mounts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  14. This is the height it will stay at til I get the drop axle....

Attached Files:

15. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

That looks so much better now!

Are you going to lower the top of that notch down for more bed room?

16. Nope....i'll use 3/4"plywood for the front and back,make some tubs and a removable center peice. Not worried about having too much room. As long as I can get parts and my Schwinns in the back.

I've got a GREAT idea for some sideboards! It's a secret though...

17. Badfella

Badfella

Hey looking good Bob! The new stance really compliments the chop. Keep it goin!!

18. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Thats a bad ass truck, I dig it. Good job.

19. thanks....

20. How do you like my plate resto? Still have to do the front one...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  21. Friday after work,was a late nighter! Tried to finish the bed,so I could haul some stuff to El Mirage.
    First-remove all 4 wheels for balancing
    Second-have new exhaust installed
    Third-cut and install the polished aluminum diamond-plate.
    Forth-cut off top bag mounts.
    Last-cut plexi for pass side window.

I calculated wrong,so I didn't have enough to cover the wheel tubs. Have the peice to do the center that goes over the c-section,but ran out of time to band it. So I just peiced it in for now. About 3 1/2 hrs work. Probably finish it next week some time.

Attached Files:

22. daddio211

daddio211

Make sure you keep sunscreen on the back of your neck, LOL!

Sent from atop my toilet using the TJJ app for Android.

23. I like the truck's stance.

24. weez

weez

How about silver or chrome for the headlight doors? Or that crazy chrome paint from the hobby store-

25. I'll probably chrome them after I make the bumpers...

26. belair

belair

Looking good. I really dug the little Buick.

27. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Neat o truck what bumpers are you gonna use 60s style nerfs ?

28. 29 Coupe made some for his Coupe. They're hairpin style. Two for the front and one long one for the back. I'll post a pic if I can find one. Roth had some on his Sedan.

Like this on the Tweety Pie

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  29. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Congrats on the trade Bob! pretty cool looking truck!

30. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

its looking pretty friggin cool bob!!!