Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, May 17 & 18 2013 - Union County Dragway, Union SC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Can't wait to see pics. Had to bail because of work.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Here ya' go...
    [​IMG]

It was pretty wet, but well attended in spite of the rain. Don't know if they ever got any racing in, I left when it looked like the rain was going to be around all day. Didn't take many pictures... the rest of mine are here
    http://smu.gs/114983w

3. oldschoolcruiser

oldschoolcruiser

great show guys even if it did rain can't wait until next year.....woo woo

4. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Just got my wet shoes off.. whew..

My hats off to Geargoyles to sticking it out today and to the guys running the track.. There was plenty of race time after the rain left out..

Me and my family had a great time meeting up with new and old friends..

Next year we camp..

Thanks again guys..

hopefully someone got some pics..

5. Steel in motion was awesome. The rain just gave us time to sit around and BS with old and new friends. The Track was awesome. They run a very professional facility. Already looking forward to next year!!! Congrats to the Geargoyles, awesome job!!!

6. I agree with Jim! The rain was a good excuse to hang with friends and get to know some new ones. I thought it was a great turn out despite the rain and good job to everyone waiting it out. I have some pics I'll try to get up soon. I will be there next year rain or shine.

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Woke up to a wet tent. Loaded up the 52 and was on the road by 7:30 am. Got home at 11:15. No issues with the car and had a blast. Will post some pics later, now going to play with the kids....

8. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I had a great time, even with the rain. Packed up about 7:30 pm Sat evening while the weather was good and made it home about 11:30.

Met lots of cool folks and saw lots of cool cars!

Before I got to make any runs down the track I managed to develope a problem with the ignition in my 56.

Good crowd as was, but if the weather had been better it would have been packed!

Looking forward to next year!

9. Pudge87

Pudge87

Does anybody know the guy that lost it coming off the line? It made me feel sick just seeing it happen, hopefully it was just visual damage.

10. That makes me feel better about my decision to leave last night. That was a long sleepy drive! It was good hanging out with you Andy.

11. toucan

toucan
    from sc

left at6 am got home at 9:45 no problems! had a great time, great place and great turnout! love steel in motion!

12. Coololdcars was there !!!

Attached Files:

13. Yeah, it rained a little, but how we supposed to get the right color on these cars if they don't get wet???

Attached Files:

14. Had a blast !!!!

Attached Files:

15. Next years rides !!!:D

Attached Files:

16. toucan

toucan
    from sc

here is what i got! its not always about the cars:D

Attached Files:

17. toucan

toucan
    from sc

here are some more

Attached Files:

18. toucan

toucan
    from sc

lets see what else we got

Attached Files:

19. toucan

toucan
    from sc

how bout these!

Attached Files:

20. What a motley looking crew... mrs beachbum and I (standing) had an awesome time!

21. toucan

toucan
    from sc

:cool:this looks good!

Attached Files:

22. toucan

toucan
    from sc

had a great time with some great people! thanks curtis yall rock! and this guy rolled!:)

Attached Files:

23. Glad those weren't the bathroom pics you put up Toucan!! Good times guys.

24. 292belair

292belair

Me and the boys rode down from Davie County and it was a great show and place to have it. Can't wait till next year! Jacky.

25. Baileysgassers

Baileysgassers
    from Nc

Great show guys, hard to trump mother nature but your club and the track wouldn't give up... that's what will bring us and others back next year

26. flat 39

flat 39

Curtis, Thanks for putting on another "Must Attend" event.

27. bigjohndsl

bigjohndsl
    from Erwin, TN

Fantastic show. First time I took the old 54 out of town. Glad I did. We had a blast - put a little 110 in the tank, woke the old girl up. Loved talking nuts and bolts- my kind of crowd.

28. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

HUGE thanks to ALL the GearGoyles again for hosting our favorite show of the year! The new facility is AWESOME. Great people Great cars Great music we had a BLAST!!! Cant wait to do it again : )

29. I second that!! Great show great venue, great crowd, and some great drag racing!! It is a "MUST GO" trip for me!!! Thanks for working so hard to get us at least a few pass's down the track!!! Made my week of hell trying to get mine running well worth it! Will be there with bells on next trip!! AND it is ALWAYS a good time when I get to hang with the Sock Fuckers!!!