Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2013 - Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave_D, May 18, 2013.

1. A Boner

A Boner

Sorry, I don't get it.....driving, the car that you spent so much time building, in the freaking mud. Must be some sort of red neck deal?

2. lorodz

lorodz

I can asure you I'm not a red neck ..to understand it, you have to try it. I thought the same thing and absolutely had an amazing time good people.good food camped the night before, its all about the experience. Also its better than just parkong your car and looking at it .next year enter the race, you will be amazed how you feel during and after, it is so much fun.good luck

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Had a great time at the show. Your action pics are great. As far as being a dumb idea to drive your car in the mud. The folks that drive on salt must in insane! It's way worse for your car. : )

4. skinnydude

skinnydude

Thanks for the great pictures ! Once again did not make it ther but your pics. really captured it fantastic . once again Thanks

5. Just got back from the Showdown. What a great time. The weather held up (no rain). This was my first time and I am sure I'll be back. :D If you've never been put it on your list.

Here's some of my favorites.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Love the stock cars, #7 & #69...Built by afluent moonshiners, no doubt :D

7. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Damn, that looks like a ton of fun! Would love to get out there one of these years.

8. Great eye and taste for great rides.

9. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Ya had to be there A Boner, it's part of hot rodding. I've drivin mine 20,000 miles in the last 2 years seldom going more than 100 miles away from home.

I've had my car in burn out contests, jousting, drag racing and on a road race coarse and on the dirt at the showdown. I've always felt that a hot rod was meant to be enjoyed as more than eye candy or just easy cruising.

The pic was just before I hit the mud, but I spent hours with the wheels off and up inside the fenders getting it cleaned out when I got home. Now it's cleaner than when I went to the showdown and I got to check over everything that you don't normally get at.

When I got to the Showdown, I said I wasn't going to do the mud again because it is a job to clean up, but guess who was the very first one on the track after the jalopy parade?

My friends who heard me say I wasn't going out had a big laugh on me, but DANG! it sure was fun again...............

Nothing against you A Boner and hope you can understand, sometimes what doesn't make sense to some is irresistable to others.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  10. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

very well said ! :)

11. scarylarry

scarylarry

"The Jalopy Showdown...it's a Redneck Thing??" ;)

12. sir

sir

what year/make & model is this car??? ....thank you.

Attached Files:

13. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Dave. What a great day.
    Slim

14. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

15. Yes, I tend to sway towards the OCD side, but some-one please tell me what's not fun about all these muddy shananigins!! HA!! :p

Man', me and RAMBLUR, where just checkin' out a '54 Hudson, for sale on Craigslist. Perfect candidate to pitch sideways and let that Twin H Power roar!!:cool:

Thanks so much for ALL the killer shots. Twin grille Zephyr, made my eyes hurt.:eek:

16. It's a '37 Lincoln Zephyr that was customized ages ago and has been in storange for about 50 years so the card on the back seat said. :eek:

17. sololobo

sololobo

cool pix thanx ~sololobo~

18. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

fun time!! maybe a little bit too much,but can't wait till next year! by far the most enjoyment you can have at a show good people,cool cars,great swap meet,good food,music,great cause to support the museum "which some people don't even check out",but the track time just puts it over the top! hope to have the T ready to sling some mud next year!

19. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I wanna thank you fellows that posted pictures. I couldn't go this year because of health problem with the wife,but God willing I'll be there next year---already got a motel reservation!!!:D

20. Styleliner

Styleliner

Great Pictures made me feel like I was there! Fantastic!

21. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

this 37 Lincoln is from the lee Roy Hartung Auction from two years ago. I think I spelled the name right.

22. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

also my first time going to this show. we had a great time and a very interesting place to see! thanks for putting on a great show!!

23. .....'37 Lincoln.......'37 Lincoln:):)

24. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

remember when they built hot rods to, you know, race?

25. Great pics thanks for sharing

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

Nice! ;)

27. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

We had a great time Thanks Larry and crew for doing a great job

28. WOW.....what a kick in the A$$ this must be, racing on an old Fairground Track and a great car show on the infield! Doesn't get any better than that.
    Thanks for posting the great photos!

29. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

We had the opportunity to vend(more of an art installment) and the redne,err all the people were very nice! Everybody stopped to look,ask questions or just talk hot rods.
    EVERYBODY was cool to meet and hang with.
    Front row standing spot for the hot laps too!

scarylarry could not have been nicer,the ladies at the merchandise counter and at the gate were very nice and friendly and all involved made us and our friends feel welcome.

Hmmm,sure wish it was a two-day show....

30. A Boner

A Boner

Have a blast......you drive and CLEAN......I'll watch. You could probably call me a lazy ass.