Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mike's Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banjeaux bob, May 19, 2013.

1. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

I have known Mike for 30 years.He's 10-15 years older than I am.He grew up in the Bay area.He has an interest in hot rodding.At one time he owned this nice little channeled Model A roadster.The picture shows the car in one of it's many forms.

Mike is 6'4".I asked him what it was like to drive that thing channeled like that.He said the grin on his face was worth any discomfort he may have felt being crammed into that small space!

He welded the doors shut and had her painted up real nice in preparation for a car show.He was flat towing it home from the body shop when it came uncoupled going over some railroad tracks.Needless to say the car wasn't displayed at the show it was headed for.

Like many of us, Mike's life took some unplanned and unexpected turns and twists.The car got moved from house to house.There was a divorce.

The car ended up with a friend for some time and got sold.Eventually,one of Mike's boys found the car...sadly it had been restored back to factory specs.

Attached Files:

2. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I can't imagine someone going to the effort of using much of anything from this car on an original restoration build. I'm thinking it would be much more likely that the numbers or "historic documents" are being used on something else.

Great car! any more pics?

3. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Well,that's the story I got.The only other surviving picture is in Mike's Bible.That picture is in pretty bad shape.So,the car is mostly a fuzzy memory.

4. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I hope it's not to late for mike to build or buy another, sounds like he could use a little fun!