Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help, info about a Mercury.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by born in the wrong era, May 16, 2013.

1. I've been trying to find out about this gray/ rust colored 49-50 Mercury in the middle of the photo below. I talked with Buick59, he took the photo at the last VLV show. He can't recall anything about it. I asked axle if he might know. He said he didn't know the owner, but that it might be owned by someone in the Crown Rockers CC in San Diego. I still had no luck IDing the owner or finding any more info about this Mercury. Any help would be very much appreciated in finding out more about this car. Thanks.

Adam

[​IMG]

2. Cant help you, but thats a fantastic picture.

3. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I remember that car, those two UNCHOPPED Mercury's were a breath of fresh air.

4. I agree. I wish more photos had been taken of this Mercury.

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I believe hes a socal guy ive seen it at a few shows . I remember it at ink & iron. pm badbob e might have some info or more pics.

6. I think that's one of the reasons I really like the one I'm asking about. I have absolutely nothing against a nice chopped Mercury, so many nice one's have been done. I just can't get this one out of my head, and want to know more about it.

7. Thanks Matt! I'll do that.

8. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

one from mooneyes i found that Bob took

Attached Files:

9. Awesome! Now I know it's a 49, sweet!!! Thanks Matt!

10. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Are ya on the hunt for a Patina'd merc?? When i saw that one a Ink n Iron it was sitting next to another very nice patina'd merc..I believe they were pals. seen them paired up more than once.

11. More on the hunt for how the owner lowered this Mercury. I wanted to know what year it was also. I wasn't sure if it was a 49 or 50 til you posted the photo BadBob took that clarifying that. I don't dislike patina, but I like a nice paint job, even a stock color more on a stock, or close to stock Mercury. Was the other patina Mercury you are talking about the blue Mercury to the right in the photo by chance?

12. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

yep that was it, didnt even notice it there.. i was thinking it was black but thats the other one..

Its probably just a simple lowering job on them.. I dont remember them ever sitting on the ground and were fairly stock from what i remember..

2 Cut coils, 3" block and 3 springs gets you sitting like mine

Attached Files:

13. Nice! I'm a fan of your work, even the non mercury stuff:D
    Thank you for the suspension info, I do like how yours sits.

14. hemimerc

hemimerc

That merc belongs to Johnny merc from the Krown Rockers cc out of San Diego. He's a close friend and fellow cc member, send me a pm if you like..