Register now to get rid of these ads!

NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JT Apperson, May 16, 2013.

1. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Anyone going to Bowling Green, Ky. in june for the event at Beech Bend. My forst time so I'm looking forward to seeing some old drag racing friends...JT

2. GasserDude

GasserDude
    from Arkansas

Great place! You will love it, I will be there with the Geezer Gassers running my 41 Willys and this year I'm also going to take my 55 chevy and run it in Hot Rod Eliminator. Stop by and say hello.

3. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

I think it would be harder to find someone that's NOT going. Ive been 9 out of 10 years. Its the best show youll ever go to. Just make sure you don't miss the Friday night party at the holiday inn convention center. Its worth the trip just for that. The cacklefest is the most awesome thing youll ever see if like me you appreciate drag racing history.

4. Great show! if your taking kiddos bring some ear protection. The stands at the strip are on top of the track.

Ill be there without a car, again. Hopefully next year!

5. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

GasserDude...I'll look ya up. I'd like to meet the Geezer Gassers. I won't be bringing a car. I have a 56 chevy inline 6 gasser. Do you guy's have any decals with Geezer Gassers on it. That is kool....Thanks JT

6. GasserDude

GasserDude
    from Arkansas

Hi JT, This is my first time to run with the Geezer Gassers so I'm not sure if they have decals or not. I'm a newbie to the group. Ill know more after this weekend, we are going to have a "Gasser Shootout" at the " Fuel and Gas Nostalgia Drags" in Memphis Saturday. But by all means stop and say hello, I know they really like to meet people at the races.

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Best event there is. The stands are not only right on top of the track they are covered. Its non stop nostalgia drag racing. This is not just a lawn chair event. See y'all there. I'll be driving the wagon in my avatar.

8. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome event!!!!

9. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

My absolute favorite event of the year!
    It might be very hot, it might rain, but you can't beat this event for non stop fun!
    KK

10. Hope to see you there, I always wanted to see that wagon in person. I unforunately will be in an OT car.

11. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

I will be there hopefully pushing with the suburban during cackle fest

12. carmak

carmak

Going for the first time this year with my 14yr old son. Going with my brother in-law who is thrashing to get his car done.

Any advice other than ear protection?

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

13. Sounds like a great show, I need to add this one to my bucket list.

14. Went last year for the first time. Will definitely be going again this year. Best event that I attended all year! Hope to be with the Hundley & Boggs team again this year. Here some pics from last year.

Jim

Attached Files:

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Anyone have an extra Hotel Room?

16. GasserDude

GasserDude
    from Arkansas

We might have. I will check with the wife, I know she has some booked for friends coming in from Cali. I don't think they are going to need them. I will PM you.

17. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

I've got this one on my list! Any recommendation on motels?

18. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

theres a chance to get a room if ya call around because of cancellations. try the hampton inn in bg,

19. nitrodusterron

nitrodusterron

I will be there running the not-so-HAMB friendly Tiki Warrior BB/FC. Stop by and say hi! This is a great event with some even better people. Oh I will also have a Blue AA/FC that some may know too....

20. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

Thanks r d Martin , I,ll do that

21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bring sun screen and drink alot of water

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

It will only be my 3rd time this year. The covered grand stands are the coolest things, ever. The nostalgia cars are amazing and they throw in a car show, ta boot. Gary

23. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

You won't miss another one!!! It's a great show!!! If you can't find a hotel room there is a badass campground with a very nice wash house. Enjoy!

24. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

I cant imagina a year without the Hot Rod Reunion.....It would fill incomplete. We always drive a hot rod and bring our tent and chairs and all so we can sit down but we never do. We never stay at our car more than 10 minutes.....you cant! Theres too much too see, too many people to see. I usually can be found trying to huff some nitro somewhere......that's my crack

25. i will be there thursday driving my avitar, f-1 truck. love the tiki warrior. i am looking at a 77 vega funny car that has been in storage for years. see yall!

26. Gator

Gator

Yup, one of my favorites! Great venue - not just another 'parking lot' show. Vintage Drag Racing, swap meet, plenty of shade, camping on site, etc.

Sitting in those old wooden theater seats under the covered bleachers you can easily imagine its 196-whatever...

Now if they'd just outlaw golf carts outside the pits :mad: and handicapped scooters (for the NON-handicapped of course) :rolleyes: it would be PERFECT!!!

27. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Going down thursday. Try Microtel, got a room yesterday. Call, online shows booked.

28. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

x2 ON THE OUTLAWING GOLFCARTS!! I get so sick of almost being run over!! I have walked back and forth across that place 10,000 x's and never thought once about needing a golf cart!! People are just freakin lazy!!

29. carmak

carmak

We are driving down a BIG RV with a trailer on Thursday afternoon. We expect the Beech Bend campground to be full by then.

Are there any other campgrounds close that can handle a 40' RV?

Thanks.

Carmak

30. FEBCO

FEBCO

FYI.....The old wooden seats in the grandstands are the original seats from the Original Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville....