Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Aussie members HQ Holden Chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, May 14, 2013.

1. hudson48

hudson48

This might seem off topic but the purpose is definitely not.
    Need help from Aussie Hambers who may know where there is a 1971 HQ Holden Ute or Panelvan chassis that has not been on the road for several years.Need numbers for missing chassis number on chassis under my custom.
    Must be HQ ute or panelvan pre January 1972.
    Please PM with details

2. dadseh

dadseh

try the' Old Holdens 'website....those guys know their shit over there

3. ^^^x2 but tread lightly, sometimes they don't take kindly to noobs.

4. santa28a

santa28a

Paul, give Bruce Drahiem a call, he is QSRTAC inspector but has a graveyard full of cars on his property. Pre 1972 has far less ADRs to comply with you don't even need a heater! In a pinch you may get away with a pre ADR27 HQ / early HJ chassis which would be up to May 1976. I can PM his mobile to you if you like?

Steve

5. hudson48

hudson48

And what is a "noob"

6. ehdave

ehdave

Is it still legal to rebody a car here in Qld? I was told it was near on impossible

7. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Newbie! New person...

8. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

Where are the numbers on a 40 ford UTE?

9. hudson48

hudson48

Under the new NCOP it appears to be far more flexible.However not for hot rod registration.TAC Qld will not accept anything other than an original chassis or a replica of the same.The Hudson would have been accepted for hot rod rego in NSW but not here.It is a 1948 but is unibody construction so doesn't meet the definition of hot rod. i.e Pre 1949 American origin body on original chassis or replica of chassis.So I accepted that and then had the battle under the old Individually Constructed Vehicle rules.Looks like we might be finally getting somewhere after all these years.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  10. ehdave

ehdave

Thanks for the info mate, i'll be interested to see how you go with it because i was looking into a hq chassis for my aussie desoto (plymouth bodied). It would be great if we can finally have less restrictive rules. There is a 71 HQ styleside on gumtree right now but they are chasing $1500 for it, only found it today.