Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moonshine ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

2. What a cool looking photo! :)

Deuce,,, Would that be Junior Johnson's coupe? HRP

3. Neat pic! And one of the BEST 40 Ford meets in the East. Not to be missed.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I was looking at the Moonshinw Festival in GA and saw this. I do not know if that is Junior Johnson or not ... but you I have a weakness for 40 Coupes. :D

5. I was reading about the festival last year. Sounds like it would be a hoot to go see. I'll have to put it on my calendar and see what works out.

6. Don't forget to stop at Burt's Pumpkin Farm & take home one of their 200lb pumpkins for Halloween!

7. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

great show if you are into 40 fords, hope to have my 40 there this year, been working on it since 1978. it used to be David Pierson's car in 50's-60's.

8. greazy john

greazy john

great show, went 2012, all the 40's you need to see.......... also a good show just up the street at the stock car museum

9. I haven't been to the Moon Shine Festival in a log time but back when I owned a couple of 40 Fords I never missed it,,guess I need to drive my Deuce sedan this year. HRP

10. k9racer

k9racer

Be sure to go to the hall of fame museum .. Also the Ga auto racing hall of fame club has a booth down town during the festival. Drop by and say Hi.. A few years ago Miss Linda Vaughn set up with us and sold her posters. This picked up a lot of traffic at our booth..Just to add.. She is a member of the Ga HOF... not just 39/40 ford's but a lot of trip cars and old race cars on display.... Bobby...

11. stillrunners....hummm....sounds like my kinda folks....

12. hotrod_grmi

hotrod_grmi

Now that I have my 39 deluxe coupe finished I'm considering traveling to the event. I hear it is a killer show with all 39 40 fords line up on main street.

13. Normbc9

Normbc9

I used to leave money in a Kerr Mason Jar on a stump west of Asheville, NC and come back the next day and the jar was full of a very clear liquid. I used it to start old tractor motors I was rebuilding. The Minneaplois Molines and Massey Ferguson's would fire right up with an explosion like noise. Good 140 Proof "Go juice."
    Normbc9

14. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Dont know if thats Juniors or not but he has one if not the coolesr collection of 40 coupes ever.

15. The rear end would sit lower. Shine runners were weighed down in the trunks.

16. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Sounds cool, any more info available??

17. Anderson,South Carolina now has a legal Moonshine Distillery,Palmetto Moonshine.

What amazes me is my granddad made moonshine less than 5 miles from this downtown location of course his wasn't legal. :rolleyes: HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jr9162

jr9162

Norm, We found other uses for it...
    HRP, there's one in Gatlinburg too. They use cornmeal ground at the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge as part of the mash. The only reason Grandad's shine wasn't legal is becuz it was tax free likker! Ever heard of Cherry Flip? John

19. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

There is no such thing as "Legal Moonshine". Moonshine is a name for illegal alcohol. It got it's name because it was made at night by moonlight. It might be labeled Moonshine, but if it is being sold in a store, it is being taxed, there for NOT Moonshine. It can be made the same way, and taste the same, but not true Moonshine.

20. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

if you go ,be in dawsonville by 7;30 or 8;00 AM, only one 2 lane road in to town, traffic lines up for MILES trying to get to show.

21. k9racer

k9racer

Dawson ville is in the process of renaming the streets in town.. Bernard Long the first person from Dawsonville to win a race at Daytona, Lyod Seay. the hall of fame is now on Elliott street and the building is number 9 , One street is named after Mr. Parks and I don't recall the rest. My source is from the pool hall regular........................................................ I was at the alabama state owned whiskey store and saw Jr. Johnson brew it was tempered way down to 100 prof. The Dawsonville white whiskey is 86 proof. I bet the trip boys in the church grave yard are rolling over at this time.To much water to me.

22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Look up the definition of Moonshine,

Moonshine, white lightning, mountain dew, hooch, and Tennessee white whiskey are terms used to describe high-proof distilled spirits,produced illicitly. The word "moonshine" is believed to derive from the term "moonrakers" used for early English smugglers and the clandestine (i.e., by the light of the moon) nature of the operations of illegal Appalachian distillers who produced and distributed whiskey.<SUP id=cite_ref-1 class=reference>[1]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-2 class=reference>[</SUP>

23. Deep breaths... it's just a marketing gimmick, dude. Breathe...

24. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

junior johnson sold his recipe to piedmont distlleries and you can buy it in most states. dont taste to bad, and it will take bad stains off white walls!

25. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I drink Junior's Midnight Moon when I can't get the real stuff. Not bad, but 80 proof sucks!

Last bottle I bought the ABC clerk says "Junior can use all the help he can get" and bagged it up.

I assumed he was making money off of it but if the last post is true and he sold his recipe I guess not.

26. The Palmetto Moonshine is 105 Proof,,

The Moonshine Run is a premier event here in the South. HRP

27. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Going to have to look into that.

28. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

29. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Is anyone driving that car? Can't tell.