Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official 2013 MSRA Back To The 50's St. Paul, Minnesota June 21,22,23

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 13, 2013.

1. Speed~On

Speed~On

2013 40th Annual MSRA Back To The 50's Weekend in St. Paul, Minnesota.

May is here and passing quickly. Soon June will arrive and it will be time for one of the greatest car events this planet has to offer. 2013 will be the 40th Annual MSRA Back To The 50's. Some are saying the MSRA will have some special additions to the show this year, I'm not sure what though.

For those of you that have never attended, you should really get you, your ass, and your hot rod to St. Paul in June. You won't be dissapointed! Last year there were almost 12,000 (yes, that's 12 thousand) 1964 and older hot rods. It's really a sight to behold, the atmosphere of the event is electric and contagious.

Here is a link to the MSRA website where registration information is available:
    http://www.msra.com/

Here is a short youtube video I posted of some of the photos I took at the 2012 BTT50's. Not the greatest but my hands were a little full that weekend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfri8jCpu0

It's only 37 days away as Thursday is registration pickup day.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. loose1

loose1

They're having a burn out contest on Sunday. Some of the msra members are upset about it. I don't care either way.

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

see you there

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Believe it or not, I'm headed your way via the Hot Rod Reunion at Bowling Green and the street rodder tour that connects both events. I'm sure the whole deal will be memorable. I haven't chosen a route home yet... Gary

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

That's great gnichols, I wish you safe travels. Sounds like you have a very fun trip planned.

6. alchemy

alchemy

Never miss it!

7. burn out contest? i'd better drive my `28 tudor this year , it does a better burn out

8. brjnelson

brjnelson

I am looking forward to the Great American Race starting from the grandstands at this years BTTF's. I am sure they will keep a road clear for the start, but driving through the crowd would be a challange for first check point times.
    AND there is better music this year.

9. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'll be there hopefully in my deuce 5 window......

10. papastoyss

papastoyss

Likewise, we'll also be on that tour.If you haven't done one of these you're in for a large time.We did the tour from Shades of the Past to Kzoo last year & had a ball. The Midgetts, Red '40 Ford coupe

11. heading home from Afghanistan in time to stroll the fairgrounds...love that show- could use some organizing, but love that show

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Neat. I really wanted to do the Great American race deal first, but got serious sticker shock. That's a GRADUATE level wine and cheese crowd play date. No Friday night gallery opening moochers allowed. I only wish that Jerry had included some non-car stops, like Frank Lloyd Wright's Tallesin or the House on the Rock in Wisconsin. Wont' be long, eh? Gary

13. Speed~On

Speed~On

We will have to schedule a HAMB Meet and Greet again this year. Moonlitrn, get home safe, meet some fellow HAMBer's, and enjoy some R&R at BTT50's. Thank you for serving our country!

14. gearbanger

gearbanger

I haven't missed a BTT50's since it began. can't wait for another great year!

15. Speed~On

Speed~On

5 more Saturdays and it's "go time". Time to start thrashing if your hot rod needs some work:D

16. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

Click on the map on the website for the race route out of the fiargrounds.

http://msrabacktothe50s.com/the-great-race/

17. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See everyone there. I will be starting the weekend early at Yogi's on the Tuesday before as part of the Street Rodder tour.

A must attend show!!!!

Keep us in the loop for the HAMB Meet & Greet.

18. Speed~On

Speed~On

Verno, sounds like you have a fun week planned!

19. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just hoping for better weather than we had for Vintage Torque Fest this year.

What has anyone deceided for a meet & greet? Anything?

20. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

lets hope it is warm and dry. today is one of the first that seemed like summer this year.

21. so whos sceduleing the meet and greet and where, got a big orange bldg. on machinery hill behind it maywork

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I just scored a HUGE collection of posters - hope people can stop by the Progress Building (the brown building up by the campgrounds and the WATER tower)
    We will have some free Iron Invasion posters as well if anyone needs them. Seeya there!

23. Speed~On

Speed~On

For those of you coming in from out of state, here is the address for the Hampton Inn where you will pick up your registration.

Hampton Inn Minneapolis-St. Paul North

1000 Gramsie Road, Shoreview, MN 55126

If possible, I would come through St. Paul on Snelling, then over to Lexington and avoid the 694 area....see below.:)

AVOID THIS AREA:
    Construction on Interstate 694 between Highway 100 in Brooklyn Center and Interstate 35W in Arden Hills. This is down to 1 lane and there are major delays.

Read more: I-694 construction on hold until 7 p.m. Monday - KMSP-TV http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...n-on-hold-until-later-this-week#ixzz2WbRkHauR

24. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

For anybody out of town who's going Registration closes at 12:00 on Sat. so you absolutely MUST be at the Hampton Inn on 1000 Gramsie Rd. to get registered A few years ago I seen an old couple who came in from North Dakota with an old Packard who didn't make it in the show and it was a sad deal to because she had on her poodle skirt on and everything.:(

25. Ralph

Ralph

So.. Is there a reasonably fast way to get from my hotel in Brooklyn Park to the fairgrounds without going through the construction on 694? Or how much time will I be sitting in traffic? Is it as bad as it sounds? It's usually just 15 minutes or so, 694 to 35W south to Larpenteur.

26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Gridlock on 694.Avoid if possible.Use a online map service and figure out a different route.

27. grassy knoll like last year

28. Speed~On

Speed~On

Coolstuff, see you at the 50's.

I spent the day getting the cars ready for the BTT50's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heading to Registration tomorrow morning.:D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  29. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

pulled the wagon out today for a shake down drive, first trip past the driveway in over 30 months. The work did not go quite as fast as planned...
    Hope to see some of you this weekend.

Attached Files:

30. Speed~On

Speed~On

Great wagon, 1959Nomad. That wagon will cruise up 35W no problem! I too spent the entire day in the garage (wax on/wax off Daniel Son)...but it was fun.