Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMB did good again! MELB AUS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kool 52, May 13, 2013.

1. kool 52

kool 52

Thanks to the HAMB & Dennis Lacy this Roadster now resides in Melbourne Australia.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Congrats bails, what's next?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Looks great,,the truck don't look to shabby ether!:) HRP

4. kool 52

kool 52

The Dream is complete Thommo!,Just play & maintain what I have.

Last edited: May 14, 2013

5. Very nice mate. Good to see more cool old iron around

6. Well that's OK.

7. striper

striper

That is nice Bails. Now who's gonna work during the RCCRC run? I'm starting to worry...you guys are going to want to participate or something.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Man, that's a great car.

9. Killer score Bails - damn I love 27s on Deuce frames.

10. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

Wow!! Great find! I love the look of that car.

11. kool 52

kool 52

[RL=http://s190.photobucket.com/user/52Chev/media/IMG_0834_zps2ba52ee8.jpg.html]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Couple more shots of this great little car

12. Awesome, the Melbourne scene just keeps getting better with new rides both being built and imported. :)

13. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Looks sweet, pity you gotta put fenders on it tho.

Scotty

14. Are fenders the law all over in Australia or just in certain areas? And why?

15. Fenders have been a requirement for cars since the year dot throughout Australia, every state and territory reguires them.......lol........there is no minimium weight or whatever, if it is registered for the road, whether full, normal rego, historic vehicle club or Street Rod Limited rego the last two allowing the use on recognised club and/or Rod Runs and short "servicing" usage then it should have fenders, whether you agree with it or not, that's just the way it is.............but there sometimes appears to be the odd problem that crops up with bolts that seem to come undone....and on all 4 fenders..........my understanding is that if you get caught, you get caught.........but some people try to stretch the friendship of the cops whenever possible....the reason for fenders? probably because the original manufacturers put fenders on their cars and the rego authorities have decided that some form of protection from tyre born projectiles was needed.......not my reasoning but.......shit happens...........andyd.

16. Fill us in, dude!
    How was the HAMB responsible?
    Don't leave us hanging in suspense.

17. kool 52

kool 52

Its going to hurt putting fenders on this,but they may accidently fall off!

18. kool 52

kool 52

First sighted the Roadster on the HAMB classifieds early 2012 wasnt quite ready to committ to another car at the time,when I was ready couldnt find the link.Mid 2012 got beaten to the punch on a 32 Roadster advertised on the Hamb,which ultimately came to Australia and is owned by a fellow River City club member.Sep/Oct 2012 a couple of club members put me onto a 32 chopped 3W with history again from the HAMB classifieds,exchanged some emails and there was a sale pending but then fell through.I left for the Chopped weekend with strict instuctions for the Missus to do a deal and lay a deposit,returned only to find the sale had gone through and the car went to Texas.4 weeks later the new owner contacted me to offer the car after getting hit hard by the taxman he couldnt produce a title so I put it down to it wasnt meant to be.Nov/Dec 2012 while searching the HAMB classifieds there it was a sign from the Hotrod gods!Dennis' Roadster again.We negotiated a price and without committing to a deposit Dennis held the car while I waited on import approval,cannot thank this man enough for the deal we did.Late Jan 2013 finally received approval and this month the car has arrived at its new home on the other side of the ocean.

19. kool 52

kool 52

20. striper

striper

Good from any angle

21. Congrats Bails , another sweet car to add to a fine collection !!

22. seatex

seatex

Damn fine, congrats!

23. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Wait a minute, that car looks really familliar! I'm glad you're happy with it and it looks like it made the journey safe & sound. I was a bit nervous about that.

It was a dream come true having the opportunity to put that car together and drive it around for five and a half years. Thousands of miles and every one of them nothing but fun. Best used motor ever! LOL It's a bit strange not having it but I take comfort in that it went to a good home and to someone who appreciates it and won't screw it up.

I hope it gives you thousands of miles of fun too. Even with all of the BS that had to happen to get the car approved for import and then shipped to you, the deal was as smooth as anyone could ask for. You're good guy, Mark!

(If you ever decide to part with it, I get first rights!)

24. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Such a great car -- Congrats!

Malcolm

26. Thanks for the reply, I have bolts come loose now and again and I ain't got no fenders. It happens :eek:)

27. flatoz

flatoz

Heard you had the car Bails, glad it's gone to a good home. I know it had created some interest around Melbourne since it first went up on the HAMB classifieds. perfect looking little roadster.

choice may turn out to be a hard thing!

28. RussTee

RussTee

Great story both from the point of Hammers working together and the quality of the car it is always a risk buying from overseas but after seeing the efforts that Dennis Lacy went too to support Mark through this sale even holding it for him while the paper stuff was sorted he is to be congratulated.
    Afew years ago I did a deal with a guy called Bill Klemmer trading as speedway motors main road christmas hills vic 3775 he charged me $2250 for a Rajo 8 crossflowcylinder head he said he was manufactureing fancy flyers exchanging xmass cards ect but to this day that head never arrived and I have never seen my money caused me a marrage breakup ect and I now take great care dealing overseas.
    congratulations Dennis well done

29. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

"while searching the HAMB classifieds there it was a sign from the Hotrod gods!Dennis' Roadster again.We negotiated a price and without committing to a deposit Dennis held the car while I waited on import approval,cannot thank this man enough for the deal we did.Late Jan 2013 finally received approval and this month the car has arrived at its new home on the other side of the ocean."

Wow, great story. To Dennis; the roadster is outstanding. Hats off to you for the fine build. Your integrity and efforts to make this happen, well damn Dennis, you are a fine man.

Kool 52, am happy that you have been so blessed.

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  30. RussTee

RussTee

Humm seems mr Klemmer ripped a few people off !!!