Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Tony Baron's T-roadster - anyone have pictures? Was at GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Anderson

Anderson

I've searched, here and the web, and all I can find is a little info about stuff he sells for flatheads.

I've looked through every GNRS thread I can find and can't find any more pictures. Someone posted a really really really horrible fuzzy one that only has like 2/3's of the car in it in another thread. :D This one is from Dave Lindsay (thanks Dave!!!) but I need more. I need my fix. Anyone?

It's so very close to perfection.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. That is a beeeautiful car! Can't wait to see more.

3. Anderson

Anderson

Good morning.

4. I have been wondering what happened to Sal Macchia & Louis Banto roadster, now I know. :) I liked it with the Art Ingels track nose, still great to see it survived.

Dave Lindsey photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

& how it looked when owned by Sal Macchia & Louis Banto.

July 1950 Hot Rod
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

June 1952
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have some more from the show that I'll upload later. Not sure if you'll want those or old pics.

6. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Here are the ones I took. The last one is a little blurry, but you'll just have to deal with it. :)

I'd studied the photos of this car many times from the issue of Hot Rod it was in, so it was cool to see it in person. I don't like the headlights that are on it now, but it still has a lot of neat details.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

FIDG...thank's for posting, yea i can see why you like that roadster. man it's perfect in my view...POP.

8. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

This is supposed to be the same roadster...the black one up top. This cover was being displayed with the car at the show.

[​IMG]

9. Anderson

Anderson

Cool history...thanks Jimmy.

Bass, the last one is unacceptable - go back and try again! I agree on the headlights. I'd get '32's probably, but painted buckets. I'd also have to go with a slightly smaller front tire, and I would prefer it with the stock rear fender recesses.

Jeffrey - I fell in love with its current version (didn't know it's ever-changing history!) so post any current pics you have if you don't mind!

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  10. is that the same tony baron that teaches (taught) at cerritos college?

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great looking car, I like the current configuration. I know the rear wheelwells are smoothed over, but is it a Roadster Turtle Deck or the back of a 26-27 Coupe? Somehow it looks taller, and the overall shape looks different to me, could be photo angles. Great photos thanks for posting them.

12. glenninsd@yahoo.com

[email protected]

My father used to own Sal Macchias and Louis Bantos 27 Track T Roadster right around 1959 0r 1960. I remember him comparing the rod pictures from Hot Rod Magazine to his. I have some old black and whites of the car. Anyone have any pics or know where the car is now. Need research so I can build one as close as I can.

Thx Howie (760) 681-9990

13. glenninsd@yahoo.com

[email protected]

Do you still have those pictures? These can't be opened.

14. Yes it is. As of now he is still teaching at the college. I'm in his smog certification course ATM. He is a real legitimate hot rodder.

PS i know this is an old thread but I wanted to let some of the people above me know he is still reachable and still has the car.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I didn't see this thread while it was current, but I'll add this. In my humble opinion, in this guise this is the best looking '27 on '32 rails ever...

Attached Files:

16. NICE!!!
    i was at cerritos in the ASEP program in 90-92. Cerritos has a way of attracting some serious talent.

one of my instructors was a guy named Greg Keegan who did the machine work on Al Teague's Record setting Bonneville streamliner. He showed us some crazy cool tricks like using VW crank bearings in a Buick 215. you had to hand file the relief for the bearing stay. and he trusted me to do it first time...

They also have a LEGIT paint and body course and last i checked (a few years at least) a pinstriping course!!!

back on topic.

17. alanamhb

alanamhb
    from new york

Not sure if you'll want those or old pics.[​IMG]