Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have this graphics idea

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1great40, May 12, 2013.

1. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Does anyone know how I can go about getting some graphics made for the doors of my 40 Ford PU? My dad had a Shell station in the 50's and the name of the station was "Archie's Shell"

I'm thinking of a graphic for the doors that would use the type face from the old Archie Comics and the big yellow/red "SHELL" logo but have no idea as to how to go about designing it or getting it made. Anyone have any pointers that would get me started in the right direction? Also would using this design have copyright implications?

Thanks!

2. Seek out an older cat who brushes. In Boston maybe ? Use the era correct Shell logotype. It's legal. Check out the neat old pics thread for 50's lettering. Vinyl = bad.

3. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

4. Look in the phone book for sign painters,,they are far superior to the vinyl graphic guys,,,many years of creativity will surely give you exactly what you want. HRP

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There's a company called, Letraset. They make stick on letters as well as other graphic design stuff. Don't use their stick on stuff, but you can search their stuff to find the font (lettering) you're looking for. They have HUNDREDS. Then have a striper paint it.

Old logo should be patent free. Usually.

http://www.letraset.com/products/162-Fontek-Fonts/

6. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought about the 50's correct logo until you guys mentioned it although the "Archie' 50's style comics type font immediately came to mind. Sometimes I'm not all there!

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Actually, when you consider the years Archie comics were famous, that font is dead on. They came out in 1942 and that font would have been popular.

Attached Files:

8. Get the One Arm Bandit to paint it on.