Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. tater134

tater134

Found this one along a road near Dorrance, PA

[​IMG]

Rescued this 37 Dodge a few months ago and its now at a good home in NY.
    [​IMG]

Also found 3 1952 Chryslers last weekend but no photos yet.

2. I believe that it's a 1929 Chrysler.....

Attached Files:

3. Lon

Lon

Somewhere in Tennessee.

Attached Files:

4. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

5. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

7. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

two separate cars in that group of photos. the guy sitting in the one doesnt have a spare tire and rubble sitting on passenger side. the car below that has a spare tire and the rubble is a little further away.

aside from that its amazing how potent that salt water was to desolve the metal that much, makes someone reconsider living in Cali, lol.

as far as the rubber tires go. i have heard that a tire has to be dyed black. so have these tires had the dye washed out from the salt and thats how all tires look without the black dye, or is that just a thick layer of salt that can be chipped away.

i can see that fasination of living or visiting a place with a high salt content lake, i visited the Dead Sea and it was fun floating in the water. they also say regular dips in the water helps keep your skin clean of diseases like athletes foot and other things. here is a pic, im the geek on my back, still fearing that i will not float.
    [​IMG]

8. 46stude

46stude

I think the pic of the truck wheel is from a different vehicle than any of the other ones shown.

9. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

this could start a whole new thread, Sitting and Disolving

10. ha!

11. Always thought the '55 Victoria was a much prettier car than the '55 Crown Vic. My father worked at Ford's Atlanta assembly plant when they were building them, he said that the guys at the plant referred to Crown Victorias as "Easter baskets."

12. I would almost bet that this '41-'46 Chevy fire truck was probably driven to where it's sitting, and that it doesn't have many miles on the odometer. My hometown had a '38 Ford fire truck that had less than 3,000 miles on it when it was retired in the '70s. Of course, even with low miles, the engines in old fire trucks are often worn out. That old babbit-pounder logged more hours idling and powering the pumps than it did taking the truck down the road.

13. 97

Fire truck is a late teens Seagrave, Around 1915 to 1917 I think. Grille and fenders could be right up into the 20s, but those headlights ......

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

If anyone's on instascam there are pics under #sittingandrotting. Sorry I don't have a photo to share with this post.

15. keef59

keef59

Secret location somewhere in Florida.

Attached Files:

16. thats not rust

thats not rust

ImageUploadedByTJJ1368371424.746240.jpg

Posted from the Eddie Meyer App for iFord V8

17. keef59

keef59

A few more from Florida. I took these a few years ago with the owner's kind permission.

Attached Files:

18. James427

James427
    BANNED

One more for the pile....

Attached Files:

19. toml24

toml24

Found this one last night. Terminal Island Long Beach, CA. 1959. Some of you will remember the TV show "Rescue-8", when the LA Fire Dept. had to climb a pile such as this to rescue some kids who went there to play. Real hi-drama for 1959 TV!.

Attached Files:

20. I'm happy to report that I saved this one! I'm about to start getting it ready for paint!

[​IMG]

21. ^^^^^Those old Studes make the coolest hot rod pickups.....Keep us in the loop on this build, please.

22. It's a bit off topic for the HAMB. s10 chassis, 5.3l turbo, UMIperformance control arms, wilwood brakes, 3 link, coilovers, etc...it's gonna be a fun daily driver!

23. Regardless, its good to see it get saved. This one was too cherry and rare to get crushed!

24. toml24

toml24

I went through the first 170 great pages of this thread and did not see this image. The photo is at least 12 years old and IMO is just about the perfect photo of old iron. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

25. If you're talking about mine, it was far from cherry! haha The PO had cut out all the floor and the inner door skins. They also welded the fenders to the hood to make some sort of "mud truck". The frame was square tubing with an MII boogered on it with the cab just setting on it...it was a mess! It took another cab to make one good one, new doors and another bed! It's come a long way, but it was worth saving, and I'm glad I did!

26. liv4ths

liv4ths

Found this one last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A good friend of mine rescued this one last month.

[​IMG]

28. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

man,why do we love those CADDIES ?

29. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Now that you found it,does that mean you now own it?

Looks pretty good!

30. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Must be our old age. ;)