Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

2. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

sweet never seen a 4 door before anyone know the production numbers on the jeep fc pickups I been keepin my eyes out for one but got to many projects as it is

3. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

They built less than 400 crew cabs. They were an un appreciated bargain a few years ago, but impossible to find. Prices have really jumped up, which has driven a few doezen out of the woodwork.

Here's the universal gathering place for Willys FCs: http://thefcconnection.com/

4. von zipper

von zipper

Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters has one! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609519.656828.jpg

droppedstepside likes this.
  5. ray

ray
    from colorado

wasn't it a roof from a 2nd gen econo?

6. Hogride

Hogride

Hay Guys ! Have eny of you worked on steering box rebuilding. Bottom seal can be bought. But mine has the 1/4 turn shuffle's going tryed tighten adjuster not much differnt . going to try the full left turn tighten and back off to night. tie Rod ends not worn that bad.Got to be the box 60,000 miles on it ? eny hints Very Welcom Thanks. Update found a place in San Antonio . tx that rebuilds them going to pull box out and try them. Called Stangers site Or Precision Products ph 210-687-1313

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  7. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

That would take a lot of machine work since the 144/170/200 intakes are part of the head. I know it can be done, and there's an article about converting the small intake in the Ford 6 club book, but I would think that after all the time and money involved to add a little power to the small 6, you could've just added a 240/300/289/302 for less

9. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

Actually you might have to change the bell housing they changed the bolt pattern in 68. Also you will have to weld some ears on the trans so the bellhousing will fit if you have the type 9 trans

Correction! According to classic inlines and the ford six fourm, ford changed the bellhousing bolt configuration in the later months of 66. Not 68 like i previously stated

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  10. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

Also you will have to use the 144 / 170 clutch disk and the 200 pressure plate. I made a pilot bearing on a lathe
    Out of oilite bronze bearing stock. Because i couldnt find the propper size.

11. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I just pulled a 144 from 1961 and replaced it with a 170 from a 1966. Didn't have any of these issues. Whew! Glad I didn't have a 1968 engine.

12. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  13. olgraybeard

olgraybeard

Been working on it all winter next is rust repair (lots of holes)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. neondv8

neondv8

new to this forum, here's what i got going on in wa.pic on the left is how it look now.

Attached Files:

15. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Friend is looking for a 5 window econo truck if anyone knows anyone. Pm me.

16. Hogride

Hogride

http://hogrides[​IMG] picsGot my Econoblaster out for a little summer fun. Dont pay attn to camera date MY friend has not set the clock on his vhs player ether Ha Ha !

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  17. Nice, what size tires and rims ?

18. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

that's a sharp little truck ^

19. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Simply, the difference between the C6 2wd and 4wd is the tailshaft and the extension housing. Then the transfer case bolts to that. I doubt a 4wd version would help at all.

Are you putting the engine in the bed or near stock location?
    I saw one (yellow ?) with a 429 in Akron/Canton area(?). I thought a SBF was stuffin'

20. greensheads

greensheads

Its going to have to be set back some, no way a 460 will fit between the seats...I'm thinking a shorty powerglide might be the only thing that will be really short and take the abuse. Should be a wicked ride ... going to need some major frame beefing as well...

21. greensheads

greensheads

Sounds fun. I am going the 347 stroked 302 and AOD route. I will be posting my progress as well. I have been trying to think of the best way to add a roll bar. I don't really want bars going out the back of the cab, and I don't want it to be too obstructive or noticeable in the cab....

22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

all weather vehicle...
    [​IMG]

23. econolineherb

econolineherb

Hi . There are two Great Econoline groups on the net . oldeconolines and the group i'm in econosrus . These are a bunch of Econoheads that eat , talk and bleed Econo . Check them out and ask away .

Herb in Fl.

24. greensheads

greensheads

Yep, I am a member of oldeconolines, the guys on those groups really know their stuff. http://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/ is a great place as well....

I am trying to make my econo look as stock as possible save a few minor things. Similar to the above pic. I plan on driving it a lot, so I want at least OK mileage, thats why I am going with an overdrive trans. I plan on dressing the engine to look like a falcon sprint 260 engine.

25. Hogride

Hogride

I Have a friend. Yes I Know. No Pic not true ! Ha Ha Thats Doing the very same thing to his that your doing 347 & C5 trans

26. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Before....and......After

Attached Files:

27. Just bought this one. It was for sale in the classifieds about a year ago. If anyone knows the builder please pm me. I want to know if its paint or primer. ImageUploadedByTJJ1368240800.855721.jpg

28. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

This little truck was in the shop recently, very impressive build. Engine set back a good bit, probably lift the left front wheel on launch if you tried real hard. SBF w/a C-4, 4 link rear suspension.

Attached Files:

29. Hogride

Hogride

Man that truck is Nice !

30. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Just put this aluminum radiator in my '61, along w/ an electric fan. The brass radiator that was in yet has a very minor pinhole that was starting to leak, if anyone needs a brass radiator, come get it. Whoever put the truck together had the bottom outlet specially put on as you see in the pic.

Attached Files: