Register now to get rid of these ads!

I bought a 1961 Cadillac Eldorado GM factory custom off craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Hi Nads. Just want to throw my "two cents" in. I was totally blown away by the Amelia Island Show. After awhile I just stopped taking pictures. ("Too many, Shane...")
    You were in good company. Really, where DO you go from there? It was great seeing you and the family. I wish I would have had more time to spend in Fla. Peace, Mato

Greenblade likes this.
  2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Bummed we didn't get to see you longer, every time I see you you bring a smile to my face.

3. There's a golf course in California that has a rinky dink car show every year.......maybe it will get an invite to that too....

Greenblade likes this.
  4. Pebble, shmebble...

Nads, you should be proud...

5. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Nads.Absolutely outstanding on the AI invite.May there be many more.
    Great family.Great car.Keep up the good work.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

6. AMcA

AMcA
    from Chicago

Congrats on the well-deserved honor of displaying with the Cyclone!

7. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

WoW , the caddy turned out amazing nads , thanks for sharing , the show look like it was a great time , wish i could have made it

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Fine ride you got there, love it!

9. That is an amazing gathering of Cadillacs there, and yours is the best, IMO. I admire the others, but your car stands out in an incredible manner. All I can say is...WOW!

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Thank you, she is pretty special.

I bought a 1960 Eldorado Brougham too that had the filled in fins and skegs before the 1961 Eldorado even, it was a hint of things to come, it's a car that's woefully under appreciated. I think it's a styling masterpiece, I think it's even better looking than the convertible and it's a 4 door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  11. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

It's so cool it's worth restoring,Or not.
    It`s a time machine.

12. OMG that Eldo is one gorgeous ride!
    I was looking to buy one once but I thought it was too much at the time. I just want to bang my head on something.

13. been dipping in and out of this...but just did the whole thing at one hit.....seriously nice car...and you did the best thing you could do with it and retain the patina of age...far too many cars end up as fluffy ornaments with the owners too scared to use them.....

and you can read about this in Nads own words in The Raydar Magazine's next issue!

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Thank you

16. Jeez Nads...did I miss a post on the '60???

The '59-'60 have always played 2nd fiddle to the '57-58 Brougham, but they are every bit as elegant, and definitely more Italian IMHO.

Beautiful pair!

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I did a post on it.

We drove it yesterday to my friend's housewarming party in Ormond Beach, 120 mile round trip, first long drive, the wife and son were asleep when I was driving home in the beautiful moon light at 1.00 am, it's a big, comfortable ride, what a car.

They'll always be second to the 57-58s but design wise I really like these better. Dave Holls penned a masterpiece here.

18. Well, you should be proud...your convertible is 1 of 1, and most have never even seen a '59-'60 Brougham. To top it off, they're being driven.

Awesome.

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This is the first one I've ever seen too.

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

If you haven't seen it yet, Nads, their write-up on Amelia Island in the Sep 2013 issue of Hemmings Classic Car has a photo / blurb on your Caddy - see pgs: 38-39. I just got my copy in the mail this AM. Gary

21. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

so Nads, after having the factory customs. you got any interest in building your own caddy concept custom Since you are a hotrod/kustom guy at heart...

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Not really, right now I'd like to get working on my 57 Consul Convertible and repaint my 54 Chevy. I like doing metalwork but I never want to block sand again as long as I live.

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh cool, I had no idea, thanks for the heads up.

24. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Nads,

I've seen this post for months, and finely got round to reading it all the way through:)

A major tip of the fedora to you for the work done on the reconditioning of the Caddy. In looking over the pictures, it reminded me how much I miss my '64 Eldo convert, and how much fun it was to drive:( I think you made a wise call on not using a heavy hand on reconditioning , and only doing what was necessary for now. To redo that interior, if you could find the correct hides, an easy five figures, the gold ''Firemist'' acrylic lacquer, again another five figures! You couldn't do just one of these without the build lookin half completed;)

Of all the work you've done so far, the work on the design and fab of the ''nave plates'' is my favorite! If I hadn't read all through the post, I'd have thought them to be the work of the fab shop that built so many of the other trinkets for the build some five decades plus ago:)

Major props, and nice lookin family as well!

" The ice cream truck in his neighborhood plays Helter-Skelter "

25. turbochick

turbochick

Since this car was at some point in Traverse City, MI -- I'm pretty sure it should come back here? ;) ;)

Nice find!

26. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

love a car with a good story.

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It was the only post war car featured in the Amelia Island coverage.
    [​IMG]

28. NoSurf

NoSurf

29. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Nads, great job on the Caddy and congrats on the coverage. Lots of cool pics in this thread, but this one takes the cake. You're livin the life man!

30. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope