Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMBIGRAM in BETA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 3, 2013.

1. otas

otas

Def works! Hit #hamb. 2600 photos. Too cool,,,,

2. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

For any sitting and rotting thread guys there are pics at #sittingandrotting on there.

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I think if it's possible to see whos posting the photo on this stream... and not have to find it through IG.. basicaly like the hash tags are on the photo.. maybe like - "Mad Fabrictors - #hamb"

if its even possible.. but I know Ryan is a nerd and will figure it out :D

4. Yes! Yes! Yes! Hambigram rules. Like a digital Church Magazine.

5. inkstain27

inkstain27

Signed up for IG a couple weeks ago and didn't do a thing with it. After reading this, I became a pro at it over the weekend. #hamb is badass

6. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Funny:D Same here...

7. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

This is cool, I am new to instagram but I follow a few known hambers on it now.

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

what is a hashtag, and how to do you add it to a picture.

For us guys not into this new technology, can you provide a simplier explaination of what Instagram is (is it just a picture site that you assign key words to, that enable better searching??)

9. daddio211

daddio211

A hashtag is a pound sign # immediately followed by text without spaces. You use it to search for cool stuff like #hamb #hotrod or #deuce.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Over 3000 photos posted since we started. Nuts.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. rld14

rld14

Yup.

It's gone from a few pics a day to... Damn.

12. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Give me some time... It's gonna be a whole lot cooler.

14. rld14

rld14

I can't wait.

Instagram has become a whole lot cooler already.

15. i dont understand this. i used the link ryan put on one of the first pages and it only shows a few pictures. then stops. if i check it later they have changed. is there a way i can view all of the pics with the hamb tag thing?

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

no... not YET.

17. rld14

rld14

Bryce,

Yes. In the Instagram app. The reason you're seeing so many new pics is that Ryan now has everyone tagging their pics, which is really cool.

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

It is very cool...total eye candy!

19. n847

n847

Full Custom you say...can't wait to see this!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

20. There is if you are on Instagram. #hamb...

21. ok one last thing. i cant see all the pics unless i sign up. but it looks like it not available on the computer; only on smart phone apps...is that right? if it is available on the computer can someone point me in the right direction of where to sign up at?

22. Fanny Freckles

Fanny Freckles

For those of you without Instagram who want to see all of the pics on your computer go here: http://statigr.am/tag/hamb/

No need to sign up.

Cheers!
    Fanny Freckles

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Phones and tablets

24. thank you very much Ms Freckles.

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Jim, Your customers are ONLY in that age bracket because you are not using social media to reach a younger market. (or any other ways to reach a younger crowd) Think about it for a minute IF you did promote your business via social media how many more customers you would reach of ALL age groups.

You don't have to cram your business down your FB friends throats but a post every day or a couple a day to let your customers know what you are working on goes a long way in networking.

26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Funny, too. Here I am, 30 on a message board (*cough* SOCIAL MEDIUM *cough*), and I'd never heard of Nostalgic Racing Decals. When Jim mentioned his business, though, I immediately checked out the website and pinned one of his Crane Cams decals to Pinterest (sounds girly, I know, but it's seriously useful for organizing hot rod project ideas). That Pinterest account cross-posted to my Facebook account. Three or four friends "liked" that decal and likely went and checked out the website as a result.

Social media are powerful, it may be hip to write them off, but I agree that you're missing some opportunities when you do.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  27. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Is there a way to see who posted a pic on here? It would be cool to be able to check out there other photos that may not be tagged with #hamb.

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

29. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, last couple of pictures I posted on Instagram do not show up in the "#hamb" feed. Everything appears to be working normally while posting.

They do show up on Statigram on the computer if I search by user name. They do show the tag "#hamb " in the comments.

I looked at all the settings I could find, removed and reloaded the app, rebooted the phone, any ideas?

30. daddio211

daddio211

I noticed it takes time for them to appear. I don't know if the settings do a periodic "snap shot" and update by a timer, but that's almost what it seemed like to me. Haven't played with it enough to really figure it out though.

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383